• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Stimulants Methamphetamine in North America [Mega Merged]

Why would you ever want to waste your money on Coke? 1 line of Coke will keep you beaming for an hour. 1 line of Meth will keep you beaming for the entire day and then some.

Downside is Meth has a tendency to drive you crazy, which sucks. But eliminate that aspect and it’s a far superior drug to Cocaine in every regard.

i can tell you why

they're not even the same other than they're both stims

one of the nice things about coke, is when you stop and you want it to end, it ends for the most part

meth is looked down upon there too - tweekers live in trailers out in the midwest and have 3 teeth....that's the view....coke you do a few lines at the bar and have a few drinks - you have more class :)

i think it's also because there's less of a mexican presence and more of an every other latino presence there, like domicans and columbians and peruvians - and that's all coca loca familia

i can tell you why

they're not even the same other than they're both stims

one of the nice things about coke, is when you stop and you want it to end, it ends for the most part

meth is looked down upon there too - tweekers live in trailers out in the midwest and have 3 teeth....that's the view....coke you do a few lines at the bar and have a few drinks - you have more class :)

i think it's also because there's less of a mexican presence and more of an every other latino presence there, like domicans and columbians and peruvians - and that's all coca loca familia
Yeah, not to mention Meth's stereotype of being made with draincleaner and battery acid. The look on people's face when you tell them Meth is actually an FDA-Approved Medication. It's priceless. Nobody can believe it. Nobody.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Coke, especially good Coke, but it just is such a waste of Money at the end of the day. I can burn through that shit, I mean I'll drop $100 in a day easy on Coke.
Meth on the other hand? I'll drop like a $100 a Month and I use(d) it damn-near everyday.

But Meth's stigma is rapidly changing, at least here in the Midwest. I come from an Educated rather well-off Family, so do most all of my Friends. More and more Meth is moving into the Suburbs and being used by the Middle class. It's not this horrible drug everyone makes it out to be. I mean yeah, it can definitely cause problems, it can definitely ruin your life, definitely drive you batshit crazy, but so can Alcohol. It's all about how much you use and how you use it.

In terms of quality, my connections here in the Midwest (Ohio) have had some phenomenal product lately. Smooth, crisp, on-point. Doesn't make you jittery/shaky/etc. Just superior product.

Last edited:
Yeah, not to mention Meth's stereotype of being made with draincleaner and battery acid. The look on people's face when you tell them Meth is actually and FDA-Approved Medication. It's priceless. Nobody can believe it. Nobody.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Coke, especially good Coke, but it just is such a waste of Money at the end of the day. I can burn through that shit, I mean I'll drop $100 in a day easy on Coke.
Meth on the other hand? I'll drop like a $100 a Month and I use(d) it damn-near everyday.

But Meth's stigma is rapidly changing, at least here in the Midwest. I come from an Educated rather well-off Family, so do most all of my Friends. More and more Meth is moving into the Suburbs and being used by the Middle class. It's not this horrible drug everyone makes it out to be. I mean yeah, it can definitely cause problems, it can definitely ruin your life, definitely drive you batshit crazy, but so can Alcohol. It's all about how much you use and how you use it.

In terms of quality, my connections here in the Midwest (Ohio) have had some phenomenal product lately. Smooth, crisp, on-point. Doesn't make you jittery/shaky/etc. Just superior product.

so what do you do? do you get up in the morning, take a rip, and be good the rest of the day?

i would think that might work if you could do that....somebody somewhere is maintaining like that im sure - no?

so what do you do? do you get up in the morning, take a rip, and be good the rest of the day?

i would think that might work if you could do that....somebody somewhere is maintaining like that im sure - no?
You got it. Maybe a teeny-tiny follow-up maintainer dose around Noon. I don't smoke it, though. Freebasing Meth is bad news. Freebasing Meth is how you run into problems. I ingest it (or occasionally snort it). It's like a whole different drug when ingested.

Meth worked wonders for me for a long, long time: (https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/self-medicating-adhd-with-meth.889218/) Then I sort of went nuts on it, but I'm Bi-Polar to begin with, and it was during the pandemic, so yeah. That said, I'm still having somewhat significant Mental Health issues recently even when using tiny amounts. Not sure if it's due to the varying potency or due to "The New Meth" (https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/the-new-meth.910888/).

I use(d) Meth in the Milligrams. Like a typical dose for me would be around 50-70MG. Taken orally. That's all I need for hours, if not the entire day. I absolutely, positively cannot comprehend how people enjoy using more than that. I don't get it? Like, when you shoot a half-a-gram of Meth, don't you get way over-amped? Is that fun? Like feeling so jacked up you run around the House wanting to tear out the walls? Is that really enjoyable? I would have to go the ER if I used a half gram (or a quarter of a gram) all at once. I would flip out. I would go batshit. I would run around the streets hyperventilating. I just don't understand how people enjoy that level of stimulation?

Yeah, not to mention Meth's stereotype of being made with draincleaner and battery acid. The look on people's face when you tell them Meth is actually and FDA-Approved Medication. It's priceless. Nobody can believe it. Nobody.

And that’s why meth has been such a problem for me, it’s dirt cheap! Now I DEFINITELY can’t say I’m only spending $100 a month that’s for sure! (Lucky you :p)

[Price discussion redacted]

Now when I was dating a drug dealer who wasn’t subject to retail price like me, he’d get like 7-8 grams for like [price removed] from “the plug”. He’d always tell me that I could do as much as I wanted cause it was cheap as hell. And aside from me, he only had 2 or 3 people who really bought it — they preferred coke or crack. But I’d be like fuck it, more for me! :)

Sidenote: I’m not used to to measuring out meth or coke or anything besides weed on a scale. Around here, it’s normal to purchase in terms of “Can I get a 50 of ____ ?” [More price discussion removed.]

ETA: Hey mods, I hope I’m not breaking the price discussion rules. I’ve edited my post.

Last edited:
Why would you ever want to waste your money on Coke? 1 line of Coke will keep you beaming for an hour. 1 line of Meth will keep you beaming for the entire day and then some.

Downside is Meth has a tendency to drive you crazy, which sucks. But eliminate that aspect and it’s a far superior drug to Cocaine in every regard.
meth doesn't drive you too too crazy it's the sleep deprivation that really fucks with you.

Coke has much better rush in the short term though imo, especially when smoked or IVed, especially good shit. Just sucks it doesn't last very long and it's so damn expensive.

And that’s why meth has been such a problem for me, it’s dirt cheap! Now I DEFINITELY can’t say I’m only spending $100 a month that’s for sure! (Lucky you :p)

[Price discussion redacted]

Now when I was dating a drug dealer who wasn’t subject to retail price like me, he’d get like 7-8 grams for like [price removed] from “the plug”. He’d always tell me that I could do as much as I wanted cause it was cheap as hell. And aside from me, he only had 2 or 3 people who really bought it — they preferred coke or crack. But I’d be like fuck it, more for me! :)

Sidenote: I’m not used to to measuring out meth or coke or anything besides weed on a scale. Around here, it’s normal to purchase in terms of “Can I get a 50 of ____ ?” [More price discussion removed.]

ETA: Hey mods, I hope I’m not breaking the price discussion rules. I’ve edited my post.
Thanks for self editing champ 👍 You'll do well here just stick around and keep posting

Many of the veterans around here have heard me discuss Methamphetamine. Culturally and physically, Methamphetamine was not a part of "the scene" in Boston growing up in any way shape or form. There were whispers of it in the gay scene, which makes sense, but if you wanted drugs in Boston, it was Cocaine or Heroin from the gangs and pharmaceuticals from whoever else you knew. I have had experience with Amphetamines as an adolescent and adult in spades through Adderall and Dexedrine. I thought I really understood Meth simply through rationale and experience with other drugs. I had done Codeine and I had done Heroin. One was more or less equal to the other in potential, with potency being the main difference.

In the past 3 years, but especially 1.5 years by my mark, Methamphetamine has exploded onto the stage here in New England and it fucking sucks man. I had been in Illinois for several months and am back in New England for a tick and man, the streets are brutal. I bump into people I know or have known. The ones who are doing Meth typically are barely recognizable in speech, way of dress, body languague and physical appearance. They stand out in a very clear way from everyone else around. It just seems so destructive to me, a guy who has spent his life doing what I thought were incredibly destructive things.

I was amazed not just by the availability, but by the fact that everyone just seemed to have some like having a pack of cigarettes or whatever or some weed. I grew up with junkies or crackheads scoring, going to an alley or hotel, getting high, then hitting the streets for a repeat. The Meth heads are more or less just "there". They don't need much money to get high and they're high for such a long time that they just hang out. The Meth is so cheap and the law so complacent... it's just a different scene.

But I honestly feel Meth is in a different league. I have always maintained a gallows humor about my addiction and the death and misery surrounding it, but thinking about good peope, with good hearts and good souls being taken down to fucking Tartarus forever is hard to look past. I love all addicts who are willing to treat others with respect. I feel Meth robs people of any ability to do that. The fact that, for a cup of coffee, I could tweak for 12 hours is frightening.

Meth and cocaine are like comparing apples to turkeys (thanksgiving shout out). They both have their ups n downs, and just both in two completely different leagues. Cocaine to me is a hedonistic short high absolutely amazing for sex or just to feel on cloud 9, meth is more about enhancing a certain activity. Cocaine is more euphoric and great if you need to sleep in a couple hours. I just took 2mg meth with 25mg 5-MAPB two nights ago and normally the 5-MAPB wouldn’t have me tired but that little meth mixed in and I’m wiped out.

Cocaine is a bit more conducive with normal life, meth you need to have some time off to recuperate.

I’ll add, Midwest is exploding with meth right now too. 5yrs ago it would’ve been nowhere to be found around here.

-GC

I think if people are to look back on this whole thing historically, if, that is, we still have a civilization 10 years from now, they are going to say it was a simple matter of chemistry and availability of chemicals. The drug that the gangs had a good cook (recipe) for, had the precursors for and had the talent and space to carry out said reactions... Methamphetamine just happened to occupy several of these possible spaces.

I think of it like when the Spanish came to America. They discovered all kinds of silver. They were going to be rich. The only reason they could be rich was because the world economy was unaware of the existence of this "hidden" money. They had so much silver they didn't know what to do with it. They brought it back to Europe, wasted it, as humans do, killing and fucking other people for a few decades. Then it all dried up.

That's Methamphetamine right now. Something happened in which the very market for the drug fell out and it's no longer so much about the quantity of goods as it is about the quality of service, which is an interesting economical situation to be in while the War on Drugs is still in full swing. There's so much Meth they can afford to lose it, catapult some, drone some, body pack some, who gives a fuck?

That's the sense you get about Meth. Heroin and Crack are still going strong in their respective populations, but Meth is just settling into this terrible period of intense affordability. I've read extensively in the print media about Meth situations in other countries. Many of you will not be surprised to learn that Methamphetamine in New Zealand can go for a dollar per milligram. I had someone offer me an eight-ball of Meth (took it out of pocket and practically put it in my face) for $80, then $70 then $65 and a bowl of weed. What does that tell you?

meth doesn't drive you too too crazy it's the sleep deprivation that really fucks with you.
I don't know about that? It tends to drive me bonkers anymore, even if I just take a tiny bit and get sleep everynight. Who knows what they're putting in it, that's the problem. I'd love to try some Desoxyn someday, just to see if it caused the same problems? Maybe one day here soon.