View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't go so far as to say MXE doesn't affect serotonin. I'm a little suspicious and think it might - just speculation of course, but given that we don't know, it's bad to assume that it doesn't, particularly when we're discussing safety. I don't think the combination would be dangerous though, particularly since 2-DPMP we know doesn't affect serotonin and is an NDRI.

That said, it might be overly stimulating and uncomfortable though, I find MXE stimulating enough as it is.

Lower doses of MXE combined with weed gives me panic attacks, so I imagine combining MXE with 2-DPMP, no matter how tired I feel on the 2-DPMP right now, is a recipe for a prolonged panic state. The last time I had a prolonged panic attack (6 hours long!) I ended up in the ER with severe hypokalemia (thank you amphetamines). I suppose I should know better than to combine stimulating substances, especially strong DRIs.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go so far as to say MXE doesn't affect serotonin. I'm a little suspicious and think it might - just speculation of course, but given that we don't know, it's bad to assume that it doesn't, particularly when we're discussing safety. I don't think the combination would be dangerous though, particularly since 2-DPMP we know doesn't affect serotonin and is an NDRI.

That said, it might be overly stimulating and uncomfortable though, I find MXE stimulating enough as it is.

Well with the amount of times I've been shot down for saying I think MXE affects serotonin, I thought I might as well not bother this time around. Turns out I get shot down for saying it doesn't affect serotonin as well. Amazing.

Well with the amount of times I've been shot down for saying I think MXE affects serotonin, I thought I might as well not bother this time around. Turns out I get shot down for saying it doesn't affect serotonin as well. Amazing.

LOL. Only because the truth is, we do not know.

Well, I wouldn't go assuming either way. We don't know for a fact whether it does or doesn't. We do know that Ketamine does, and we know it is very structurally similar to Ketamine - so in matters of discussing combinations that could be dangerous/life-threatening if it does affect serotonin - in the name of harm reduction, it's better to assume the worst, no? ;)

If I remember right Ketamine acts as both a DRI (Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor) and an SRI (Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor), as do PCP and DXM. I'd be more surprised if MXE didn't act as an SRI too than if it didn't, but going by the feel of the affects alone, it feels more dopaminergic than serotonergic - whereas Ketamine to me feels exactly the opposite. Of course, that's speculation not science talk so for all I know it could be quite a potent SRI.

Roche valium + MXE = winner. try this

You phrase this as though this specific brand formulation of diazepam is qualitatively superior in combination with MXE than any other formulation (even pure diazepam). Or at least that's how I read it. I mean, it's cool to call it valium since we often refer to Rx drugs by their main brand name, but is specifying roche really necessary (unless you are making the above claim)?

You may slap me over the internet for being so pedantic.

I hear that MXE + AMT is a good combo? I'm probably taking ~50mg of AMT tomorrow, and I'm considering adding maybe 20mg MXE into the second half depending on how I'm feeling.

^ aMT and MXE is a bloody lovely combo, and seems fairly safe, especially at those doses.

Thought I'd add my thoughts on MXE + cannabis. I loved how the weed really kicked the MXE into gear, as I tried this last night on a 30mg dose of MXE. Definitely felt more dissociated than I would otherwise find on that dose. Also added a fair bit of euphoria. No anxiety whatsoever.

It's worth mentioning that I don't smoke weed on it's own any more because it causes horrible anxiety on it's own. However I find it works well for me as a way of augmenting other substances, strangely.

I love smoking weed on MXE. Either lighting a pipe after the main effects of the MXE have subsided, or lighting a pipe and then taking some MXE, sends me into the heady stratosphere of marijuanaland. The weed I've got currently is some strong cheese, and it's bloody lovely with MXE.

Really allows you to get waay more for your money with regards to weed.

Anyone tried the synthetic cannabinoids? Specifically am-2201 and am-694.

I'll be trying it in combination with AM-2201 soon when my AM arrives. I've heard it can be quite a euphoric experience but it's very easy to do too much of the AM-2201 and end up having panic attacks, so be cautious.

Combined with:

Alcohol - Quite intense body load. Neither pleasant or unpleasant. Too much alcohol would be unpleasant though.

aMT - Incredible. Spiritual and euphoric

MPA - Felt like MXE with the body high of MPA

MDMA - Very intense and trippy. Felt particularly good (was coming down off the MDMA as well).

5-APB - Good for the first 3 hours, but descended into a very unpleasant, very sinister fight to remain conscious.

I suspect that combining MXE with anything like 5-APB, MDMA, MDA, MDAI etc triggers a dangerous physiological reaction. Despite overall good reports, there has been a death, plus my own experience with the 5-APB.

At what point using AMT did you use the MXE and dosage of both? planning on doing that combo in the near future...

I'll be trying it in combination with AM-2201 soon when my AM arrives. I've heard it can be quite a euphoric experience but it's very easy to do too much of the AM-2201 and end up having panic attacks, so be cautious.

This - the risk of panic attacks with AM-2201 - is what I've read. I have been occasionally using a blend of AM-2201 and AM-694 on damiana. I have so far found it very easy to keep the dosage within a recreational range, just by using a tiny pinch, and the effects are very good. I also have the pure chemicals but I have quality scales should I wish to experiment with them.

At what point using AMT did you use the MXE and dosage of both? planning on doing that combo in the near future...

I used the MXE at the tail end of the (40mg) aMT trip. It was around 60mg MXE plugged, although I can't be sure since this was about a year ago.

I wouldn't recommend dosing the MXE until the main effects of aMT have subsided.

MXE really smooths out the tail end of a trip. I was kind of worried it might kick the aMT into overdrive, but all it did was give me a comfortable foundation from which to ride out the rest of the aMT.

Mxe and poppers (nitrites)

I've found it's far easier to get Methemoglobinemia when using poppers after mxe use.

Vitamin C can sometimes help if you get bad, or it's a trip to ER for a iv methylene blue bolus.

Take care people. Turning blue and passing out isn't much fun.

Another Methoxetamine and 4-ho-met Exp.

I had a great experience on 4-ho-met and mxe recently (I trip 1-2x a week on mxe, on friday/saturday). I have found that the trick to the combo (or one facet of it) is to dose on the higher end of the psychedelic. I just tried 120mg nasal mxe with 30mg nasal 4-ho-met (w/ 15-20mg redose later, also snorted) which was wonderful and surprisingly calm and non-threatening . I found it a interesting and blissful experience, listened to FSOL's "Lifeforms" and got lost in it.

However I added a small amount of jwh-250 after the redose of the metocin and experienced a TRULY memorable and intense experience...the mental aspect of the trip was suddenly amplified (drifting continuous and significant thoughts and introspection [can't remember everything]), and I could hardly move for a bit after I lay down in bed (if I had actually wanted to). It was quite intense, unexpectedly so, and the character was different from anything I have experienced from any of the three drugs in the combo. For some reason at one point, I think the trip may have recalled some aspects of JWH-250 OD's I had years ago (of which my memory is basically nonexistent). Can't explain how but I somehow came to terms with those somewhat horrific experiences, and while this was not much similar those experiences, something about the mental aspect of the trip reminded me of them, it felt very significant to me at the time. I also listened to "Days of Future Passed" which was incredible and I could sort of pick out the individual instruments in the space around my head, though my headphones are shit at the moment. The euphoria was immense, and I was involuntarily chuckling and could not stop it, has never happened to me before I don't think, kinda funny.

The visual aspect of the trip was very hard to describe throughout the trip, but alot of it was simply laying in the dark listening to music, and I do not remeber much significant CEV's, though I must say that I thought I looked somehow radiant and alive, though.

I highly recommend the combo of high-dose MXE and 4-ho-met (or any other tryptamine), even with high doses of both it can be surprisingly friendly and lucid (though "trance-y"). It was not too crazy at all for me (actually sorta lucid espec. w/o the cannabinoids), maybe the high dose of the MXE grounded it or something, or maybe its because I took 4-ho-met rather than 4-aco-dmt as some others have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.