• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Mix methamphetamine with amphetamine sulphate? (and alpha 1 blockers?)

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Is this a no no?

Say you dosed amphetamine but after the come down about 4 hours later, you wanted the boost of meth for a longer good-time.

So technically amphetamine is not cleared, but you're compounding it with meth.

Bad idea?

These drugs are seriously impactful on cardiac function.

That would be my main concern.

Also I've read it's good to have a come-down drug on standby for the end of meth use like a good anti-histamine or mirtazapine, get back sleeping etc.?

And anyone use alpha 1 adrenergic blockers like alfuzosin, doxazosin, terazosin, tamsulosin, and prazosin to treat urinary retention etc?

Whilst using the aforementioned?

Last edited:
You could do this I don't think there would be any crazy interactions. It would be like pretty much taking the same drug they are quite similar pharmacologically speaking. Amphetamines in general, can stress the cardiovascular system. Increased blood pressure, and heart rate. However, as long as you keep the doses and the frequency of those doses reasonable there isn't cause for concern. Yes, if possible a drug for the comedown would definitely help. I would recommend quetiapine or a benzo for the comedown or any sedative really, except alcohol. There shouldn't be any concerns with the use of the alpha blockers with amphetamine or m-amphetamine.

Best wishes

There wouldn't be any bad interactions, like Azed said. Meth is stronger than regular amphetamine, more serotonergic too. But it wouldn't be all that much different from just redosing regular amphetamine.

Would an alpha 1 adrenergic blocker not take-away from the positive effects and thus purpose of using either amphetamine or meth in the first place.... ?

Also could anyone comment on the purity of "street meth" (or purchased from a reputable vendor) versus Desoxyn, pharma grade?

I'm trying to figure the dosing equivalent.

Would an alpha 1 adrenergic blocker not take-away from the positive effects and thus purpose of using either amphetamine or meth in the first place.... ?
It does, partially. I was on clonidine 150mcg (an alpha-2a? autoreceptor agonist which fools the brain into seeing too much norepinephrine and thus stopping its output) per night and 60mg lisdexamphetamine in morning, this way there were little interactions, it might also lower the load amphetamines put on your cardiac system. But when taking as little as 75mcg while the acute duration of amph it takes some stuff away, mostly body stuff, it might still work for ADD symptoms tho.

Also could anyone comment on the purity of "street meth" (or purchased from a reputable vendor) versus Desoxyn, pharma grade?
I recently read here that they found fentanyl in a mind blowing 40-60% of US street meth. That's bad, very bad, can and does kill.
I had probably (non-tested so not certain) very pure meth of which 10mg were enough to induce powerful euphoria (might be more like 30mgs for you, I am very sensitive to stims). I didn't find it to be that stronger than normal amph mg-by-mg but it is different, warmer and of course longer lasting, too long actually. Still, if I had some, I would do it again which wasn't the case with lisdexamphetamine.

If you can get a Desoxyn script, go for it by all means! If not (yet), I'd recommend a fentanyl test strip.
Darknet might be better than street vendors, usually it is, but still test your stuff. I didn't and almost died off an impure batch of deschloroketamnine.

Last edited:
Damn.

Where does one purchase fentanyl strip test kits? I'm based in the UK.

Nasal vs oral meth-A I found recently lasts about half as long.

Definitely preferable if one is dosing late afternoon and still wants to be able to sleep.

Last edited:
Tbf they’re probably in each other nowadays. Meth then benzos. I do Meth as top up to iv Cocaine (Meth does little for me). I get a huge high with the coke then a contentness for a couple of hours. Money innit.