• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Most potent strain of marijuana?

SneakyCosmos

Ex-Bluelighter
I dont usually have the time too search around the dispensary for the top weed. I just want too know what the most potent weed is you guys know of medical or not.

I've only got a bit of a roundabout answer for you: if you're looking for potent flower, you're gonna want to find strains that break the 30% THC mark. They're gonna be hard to find, though, because the market seems saturated with flower that's marked around the 19%-25% range.

The reason that benchmark isn't exactly fail-safe, however, is because THC is just one of many chemical components that tailor-make your high. Every weed strain (hell, every crop for that matter) is going to have a different chemical composition. Some will be high THC with very few other cannabinoids, some are going to be high in CBD with virtually no THC, some are going to be different kinds of THC than the OG delta 9.

Because of all the factors that go into creating your experience with every strain/crop, it's not always best to go for whichever product has the highest amount of THC. Don't get me wrong, it's a great rule of thumb! But there are scenarios where that product selection can come back to bite you in the ass.

I will say that I personally prefer GSC (Girl Scout Cookie) over almost everything else. The closest runner-up, in my opinion, was Purple Punch. I don't really shoot for strictly potency, though... I like a certain type of high, and I've learned a few strains that can consistently provide that type of high with low consumption.

CBG is so much better than CBD, it’s what I always expected CBD to be..

As for which strain is the strongest, hard question to answer, impossible really. It’s highly dependent on the grower and environmental conditions. A high THC strain grown wrong and not cured properly could be weaker than a lower THC strain grown and cured right.

Strains are something you really have to research to know what your talking about come time to hit the dispo. And IMO it’s not about potency so much as effect profiles. Forbidden Fruit is low THC but has a very worthwhile high due to the other cannabinoids and terpenes present.

-GC

I've only got a bit of a roundabout answer for you: if you're looking for potent flower, you're gonna want to find strains that break the 30% THC mark. They're gonna be hard to find, though, because the market seems saturated with flower that's marked around the 19%-25% range.

The reason that benchmark isn't exactly fail-safe, however, is because THC is just one of many chemical components that tailor-make your high. Every weed strain (hell, every crop for that matter) is going to have a different chemical composition. Some will be high THC with very few other cannabinoids, some are going to be high in CBD with virtually no THC, some are going to be different kinds of THC than the OG delta 9.

Because of all the factors that go into creating your experience with every strain/crop, it's not always best to go for whichever product has the highest amount of THC. Don't get me wrong, it's a great rule of thumb! But there are scenarios where that product selection can come back to bite you in the ass.

I will say that I personally prefer GSC (Girl Scout Cookie) over almost everything else. The closest runner-up, in my opinion, was Purple Punch. I don't really shoot for strictly potency, though... I like a certain type of high, and I've learned a few strains that can consistently provide that type of high with low consumption.
Thank you so much for putting in the time to make a in depth response. You inspire me to be the same way.

I’d say some of the most consistently strong strains I find…

-GMO
-Bruce Banner
-Narnia
-Kosher Kush

-GC

I've often wondered the same thing man. I think you're really on the wrong track though as far as your desire for "the most potent bud". In my opinion, if "the most potent" is the only thing that matters to you, you might be happy with setting some of your most basic priorities in order as a person. Cannabis is a drug that expands, not one that narrows. It provides opportunities for nothing and opportunities for intense vision in my experience. You can spend hours thinking about everything, only to fnd you've been thining about nothing, but you're strangely rejuvenated.

What you need to be asking is

"What strain is best for watching Bridgerton with my girlfriend?"

"What strain is best for me and my dog on a hike (I get Luna high often and she's basically addicted to it)"

"What strain is going to give me the best introspection"

A lot of my experience in this community has been wanting to take "drug use" and wrap it up in a bow, draw a line underneath it and understand it. Regarding Opioids, I can pretty much do that. I understand dosages, relativity et cetera. With Cannabis, this is simply not possible. This used to actually piss me off, as someone who love raw knowledge more than sex or violence. Now, I've come to enjoy the fact that there is so much out there to discover about the myriad nuances of the plant/human relationship.

When I hear people at the dispensary being like "hey, what's the highest THC for the price"? I feel them 100%. It's not cheap, they want the best for the price, but it doesn't work like that. I was once like them so I totally understand their struggle.

In short, looking for "the most potent" isn't the objective. The true goal is being comfortable knowing you'll never be able to put the knowledge under your thumb. Don't struggle against that riptide brotha, just let it rock you back to shore.

CBG content? many think its all about the highest THC but you get the right Ratio and some CBG in there its hella relaxing and enjoyable
Can someone please teach me about bud? I clearly know so little and I hate it man. I'm gonna do my own reading, but in your guys' opinion:

What is this CBG?

How is it related to CBD?

Why do I not know what it is?

:(

Can someone please teach me about bud? I clearly know so little and I hate it man. I'm gonna do my own reading, but in your guys' opinion:

What is this CBG?

How is it related to CBD?

Why do I not know what it is?

:(
CBG is just another Cannabinoid, just like THC and CBD , it has certain properties such as help with sleep and relaxation

CBG, cannabigerol, is just another minor cannabinoid. Strains and concentrates high in CBG are good for relaxing the body, nausea and sleep. I’d say it’s one of my favorite minor cannabinoids, it doesn’t seem to interfere with THC’s effects quite like CBD can at too high of concentrations.

It’s becoming more common to see CBG amounts listed in rec state dispensaries. Helped me a ton during chemo, the few carts I had with decent CBG levels really kept me going.

-GC

I dont usually have the time too search around the dispensary for the top weed. I just want too know what the most potent weed is you guys know of medical or not.
K.O. Pink. 37.3% THC level. 1 bowl knocks the pain out. 2 bowls knocks the brain out.

funny I don't agree with any of two first linked lists and I have grown almost all of them. Strawberry Bananas can crush concentrates for fucking sure. Allot of the other numbers I would take with a grain of salt as test levels are easily influenced with a little dough.

C1.. is up in the running with legit 36+ everytime. Shit wrecks and was the only strain from OS SSB that carried a piss yourself warning.

Haze let to finish will wreck, but no commercial grows can be bothered.

I’d say some of the most consistently strong strains I find…

-Bruce Banner
-GC
great strain

I am not sure either. However, if you need some more characteristics or information about medical marijuana, you should contact a clinic that can provide its patience with that. I got my medical marijuana card for the first time three years ago with the help of https://marijuanadoctor.com/, and they were amazing. Not only did they help me to get it, but they were by my side for the whole process. They helped me and explained how it could change my mood and the best way to administrate it to have the desired results. I haven't tried another type of marijuana, so I can't compare them.

Last edited:
Potency isn't determined by the percentage of the but rather the ratios of cannabinoids and terpenes, plus your ROA, the quality of the bud, the cure and its age, etc.

Your best bet if you're looking for a knockdown dragout kinda high is to get into dabs. Specifically diamonds, sauce, and hash rosin

Occasionally you'll find strains around 31-33% but that doesn't mean too much overall.

What we aim for as an almost impossible Benchmark thus far is...

30% THC
2%cbd
1.5%cbg
.5%cbc

Aaaand 5% total terpenes

I just can't take the percentages when every testing lab will give you something different t
If someone is looking for a reliable percentage based on genetics alone then they will be disappointed.

Genetics determine the maximum amount of THC able to be produced by any given strain, however growing conditions still account for a lot of the amount that is actually produced by each plant. If a grower is skilled and knows the strain well, then they can maximize the THC, however if the variables of light, nutrients, temperature, etc are not managed properly it can lessen the potency.

Not only that, but each strain can have several "phenotype" within that strain; each showing different growing characteristics and needs. That's why each batch of each strain is lab tested, each grow WILL be different, even given the exact same seeds or clones.