• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

Do you find the taste of shrooms disgusting (enough to take measures - which? ) ?

• I don't mind the taste and eat them dry or fresh just fine

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • It is a bit nasty but I just suck it up and chew on them anyway

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I mind the taste a lot, I eat them as quickly as possible

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I hate the taste, only use in tea or soup, (etc)

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Other (... state in post)

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

psilocybonaut

Bluelighter
Mushrooms Subthread: Dosage & Methods of Administration

Discuss here how you take mushrooms and how much will facilitate what kind of effects for you!

Focus threads:

Back to: [Main Mushrooms Thread]
mushroom-room-escape-50.jpg

Warning: Different strains of Psilocybin mushrooms can vary greatly in potency, when asking for or giving dosage advice please include the strain in question :)

[original post:]

2 grams of potent mushrooms could be a good start for a beginner, but don't expect a mind-blowing trip. You need at least 3.5 grams for a good strong mushroom trip. But that can be scary for a first timer, so I'd say 2 grams is a good starting dose.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Untrue... my first trip ever was also my strongest and most profound. I ate 1.75 grams of good mushrooms and was thrust into a dramatic and unimaginably beautiful +4. It just depends on the strength of the mushrooms and the individual taking them, as well as how much you let yourself get into the experience.

Even now after years of psychedelic experience, I don't need 3.5 grams for a strong mushroom trip.

I agree that 2 grams is a good starting dose, but I wouldn't say that you definitely won't get a profound experience from it.

my first proper trip with mushrooms was with philosorphers stones, which is technically not a mushroom ;).. i tried 12 grams fresh, and it blew me away :D

I think it will be a great start. Friends have told me that its a perfect dosage for a first timer.

Last edited:
Sunshine Daydreams

My most profound trip ever took place this weekend. I have eaten many mushrooms and always managed to keep my composure. Last night tho left me thinkin how the hell is that possible off an eigth when i havent even tripped like that off a quarter or more. Everything was going great and about and hour and a half in i started geted weirded out. The patterns were like never before almost DMT like paterns it was so intense. My brain was rushin and thinkin about all these really bad things. My friend at one point said he got really hot and everything turned white and it felt like he was bleeding thru the ears. This may all sound ramble/junky. but im still tryin to put this into words. Has anyone else had a really crazy experience on mushrooms lately>?

it is funny because earlier that day we smoked about 200 mg all together between me and my friend. the day before that he smoked prolly 300 mg. maybe that had something to do with it? around the 2 hour mark i started to get scared because i was mind tripping really hard and haveing stronger visuals as i would think. I too started thinkin about my parents. We were at a festival 300 miles away from home but still i felt like i was jus going to look up and see them. The auditory sound were nuts it was like my hearing was turned up 10 times and little things like drums and music sounding very evil.
Thanks for reply ,any else would be helpful.

I too have taken a smaller dose of mushrooms than I normally would and came up with much more intense results, as have alot of people. I think I might understand what your friend means about bleeding out of his ears. Once when I was on the borderline of a bad trip and trying so hard to go with the flow, it was just one thought that I had that set off loads of other thoughts that were about having a bad trip, nothing bad had actually happened nor had I seen anything scary.

Then I looked at my friend who has long hair and a piece of his hair was sticking oddly to his forehead and it became red and flowed, to me this looked like a spearhead through his forehead and the blood was coming out, scared to complete shite out of me and it felt as though my fingers just burst open and were bleeding everywhere and I could see the droplets of blood on the floor and I could taste blood for ages after that, I thought that I was just emptying all my blood out through my nose.

But yes, met my baby down by the river, knew she'd have to come up soon for air.

I fucking love that song ;)

nothing bad happend to us either. it was jus some of the thought patterns and shit i was seeing was crazy.

Don Luigi said:
I thought that I was just emptying all my blood out through my nose.

oh man, i've been there.

really fucking weird sensation. i had to keep checking the mirror (with supreme concentration) to make absolutely certain i was not bleeding.

Sometimes the mushrooms you get are really strong ones. Sometimes the stars just line up right for a whomper of a trip.

I tripped super hard on 1 gram once. My latest super-hard trip was on 4 grams (I was asking for it). I'm honestly not even sure I got much out of it. It was just "too confusing."

I got a bloody nose on my first mushroom trip (3.5g of blue azures), i thought i was dying or hit by somethin and lets just say it was a difficult trip but i learned a lot from it.

elfdancer said:
Sometimes the mushrooms you get are really strong ones. Sometimes the stars just line up right for a whomper of a trip.

I tripped super hard on 1 gram once. My latest super-hard trip was on 4 grams (I was asking for it). I'm honestly not even sure I got much out of it. It was just "too confusing."

Lots of time I think that right after tripping on a tryptamine (almost never on phens they have a feedback loop that is realized much quicker). It takes me weeks and months to realize lots of positive work actually went on during the trip and things are integrating and changing in my psyche.

Maybe its the same with you?

Most of my trip was great. But at the 2 hour mark it jus went nuts. And it only lasted for about an hour like that with the crazy thoughts. I tripped for a total of 6 hours and i only ever tripped for 4 hours of mushrooms. I guess they were just some strong mushrooms. I still have some of them Im going to post a pic later.

[Psilocybin Mushrooms Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

first off, 1.5g and 1.8g aren't exactly high dosages, try 3.5g next time.

secondly, dont take the other meds with the shrooms, they easily could be blocking the effects.

3.5 grams is how much i took my first time its a common dose. just dont eat 7 grams or anything

^Lolz.
jarv said:
Oh by the way

Many of you are suggesting that I eat an eighth, I've got to ask, is it common in some beginners to not be able to trip off of 1.5-2 g?
I tripped off 1 gram before. My first dose was 2.5 grams. And I've also did trips with only 2 grams. Maybe I'm just weak....:shrug:

drew345 said:
3.5 grams is how much i took my first time its a common dose. just dont eat 7 grams or anything

I took about 1.5-2g for my first trips and it was really really light, but I'm hardheaded. Trying 3-3.5g won't kill you or anything. :) I have to agree that you should give the meds a break if you're going to trip.

Also, I have to disagree with drew about eating 7g! Once you've had some experience with shrooms, taking a heroic dose can be an amazing experience.

^^ True enough, but I think he meant not to take 7 grams for your first time. ;)

I had 1.75 grams my first time and it was a life-changing experience, the best trip of my life.

I took 15 g fresh for my first time (also first real psychedelic) and smoked quality hash, but I didn't trip much at all. had some fun and bright colors but that was all, the S&S was great.
now after a few years and more experience with 1-1,5g dry I can have much deeper trips