• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mushrooms Subthread] First time Shrooming

How many grams of dry P. Cubensis mushrooms would you recommend for a first time?

• Up to 1 gram

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Over 1 gram and up to 1.5 grams

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Over 1.5 grams and up to 2.5 grams

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Over 2.5 grams and up to 3.5 grams

• Over 3.5 grams

• Total voters
Do you know the type of shrooms you have? For some people it can take as low as 0.75g if they're good shrooms but others may need up to 1.5-2g

Yall should start with a gram each person wait an hour if you're not satisfied take about .5 more.

If you've only got 3.5 g, that's 0.875g/ person. First time I took mushrooms was 0.67g with no tolerance. Had moderate CEV's, light OEV's and a generalized feeling of being uncomfortable. They were Cubes.

If any of you/your friends have any kind of tolerance built up, you may feel nothing.

Best bet is to eat them on an empty stomach and having had no psychs for a week or so.

In my opinion, no you are not going to get a true taste of what mushroom tripping is like.

Tom

It will be a waste. But if you got one eighth then I don't understand how it could be difficult to get a second one. Try to get more, otherwise it will only be good for at most 2 people.

The right kind of mushrooms will have you tripping from a ten sack. It won't be very visual though. Do you have access to marijuana or nitrous oxide?

Another option is some sort of MAOI. There are many that are easily accessible.

Yeah even 3 people is only slightly over a gram. I take 1.5 minimum.
I didn't realize there is place where mushrooms are hard to get. You should consider growing them. If have you don't have space consider an outdoor patch. But this 1/8 split four ways stuff is going to leave you disappointed.

Merging since this is a "FAQ" type question, its perennial discussion can be found here and the answers don't really go outdated.
Also installing a post in this thread. Then I will use the existing posts in this thread to use as poll answers.
edit: Just finished reading globally and tallying...

FYI the most people for a first time advise either:
- 1.5 grams
- half an 1/8th (meaning 1.75 grams)
- 2 grams

Last edited:
Do you have access to marijuana or nitrous oxide?

Another option is some sort of MAOI. There are many that are easily accessible.

I can obtain nitrous/marijuana very easily, along with many pharms besides benzos. its just the psychedelics that seem to be uncommon here.

my first time with shroom was at a rave club already high on mdma and i didn't think that one gram each for me and my buddy got us visually high.

would 2 grams of dried mexican cubensis be enough? i'm thinking of listening to sky.fm's Relaxation while drawing some art in the comfort of my bed. i never done lsd before but i have seen open eye visuals from ecstasy or ketamine.

Shrooms are some powerful stuff. I had a horrible trip my second time tripping.

Bought a half ounce for me and two other friends. We were in a hotel room so it was a pretty chill environment. We were pretty excited, but I guess too excited. My dealer said he took 3.3 grams and tripped nuts, so for some reason, I felt the need to take even a little more just to have "more fun."

So we all took our shrooms. My buddy L took 4G, T took 4G (maybe less like 3.8 3.7), and I took 4G (maybe a little more 4.1 4.2). We ate them all and were just waiting for the 40 minutes of stomach pains to pass by. We smoked a few bowls of some good shit (blue dream), but that made me really tired. Not thinking about the fact I just took a good amount of shrooms, I passed out. When I woke up, it was unreal.

I woke up maybe an hour later or two hours later, and thought i had died and that I was in eternal hell. My brain felt like an oven, and my vision was split between 50/50 clear and not clear (later when I was sober I realized one of my contacts somehow fell out). I kept coming in and out of this sleep as my friends tried to wake me up. I would wake up and hear my friend say "I'm going to punch you in the face" and then I would black out again for another hour and wake up again still tripping balls. Then, it became REALLY BAD.

I started to hear things. I started to hear my friends say they were going to get rid of me and at the same time, when I closed my eyes, I could see myself "dead" (cannot explain it well) with my parents saying how "this went bad" and that "they can't believe their eyes." I still do not know what exactly I was imagining, but it consisted of voices and bad thoughts. I was tripping so hard I thought I had died and I was in this other dimension of life that would never end. Every time I tried to get up to talk to my friends, I would think that the room I was in was a cell I would never escape. On top of that, my vision was so wrecked. Walls were merging into each other, my friends were bending in and out of shape. The worst part of the whole trip was the ridiculous voices I kept hearing; saying stuff about me dying or how this ended up badly. I honestly thought that I had died and that this was me somewhere between reality and hell or heaven (purgatory idk what i was thinking).

Anyways, I finally regained my sense 6 hours later, and my friends told me everything that happened. My friend was saying he was going to punch me in the face because I apparently said some stuff about his ex-girlfriend, and apparently I would come up, start talking a little, and then just fall back into the bed. I woke up to the bed being covered in piss (my piss). Apparently, I took about a gram of ground up weed and just put in my mouth, making a small mess. This whole time I thought these interactions I was having were just me being part of this surreal state, but it was all real. On the plus side, L ended up having a great trip, which was good since it was his first time. I saw a small video my friend took of me, and it literally looked like I had been possessed.

All I have to say really is listen to numbers. If your dealer says he tripped nuts on 3.3G, you take 3G. Next time I trip, I'm taking 2.5-3G and then seeing where I am.

First Real Trip (Mushroom Warning):

Shrooms? Shit. My first trip was fine. All I remember feeling was seeing this odd circle at the center of my vision where anywhere I looked was indented, The ground, the walls, whatever was in the center of my vision had this indented circle, and otherwise things were relatively more funny than usual, and I hung out with my friends and really stayed quite far from the inside of my head. I started the trip already very stoned, so that's probably part of why I didn't feel anything too impactful. We did the lemon juice method, but I probably only had a total of 2 grams.

It was my second trip though, that's what did it. Fuck. I remember buying an eighth of weed, an eighth of shrooms, and a gram of dab for what I foresaw as a glorious night. I had a scale, and it ended up being more like 5 grams of shrooms. The naivity of my brain saw more drugs as equal to more fun, at essentially a 1:1 ratio. I ate em all and began grinding and rolling up my weed. I was halfway through rolling my third joint when I stopped and looked around. There was that circle again, but I remembered how I would chase it with my eyes and it would never be where I wanted it to be, rather like eye floaties. This time the circle was stronger though, and I could see smaller circles with similar behavior at the further edges of my vision. My visual snow was dancing and leading me in and out of my head. It was dark out, and I went outside to go smoke. After my second joint I realized shit wasn't all really correct. My house is in the middle of the woods, and I walk down a long dark road and sit in the middle of it to smoke. I was lost. The light of my doorbell was way off in the distance, which I intended to use as a guide to return home after I smoked. However there was an identical one in the opposite direction as well, and I started to feel a bit paranoid. I knew I couldn't be far from home, but I realized I had no idea what the fuck was up with time anymore. The watch on my wrist told me the four digits, but they meant absolutely nothing in my mind. I felt like the second joint took years to accomplish smoking. As I looked around, enormous dark imprints of skulls began to envelop my vision. That was fucking scary, because of the way they manifested. It wasn't as though they were physical, but deeply engrained impressions that my mind created. Why skulls? Thought loops were prevalent, and every motion my body took was almost entirely disconnected from my brain. I walked back inside after somehow getting to my house and lay down. This was when shit got even worse. I was entirely in my head, and whatever music I had playing was irrelevant. I started to feel an intense massage of the brain, a sort of mental carressing and I could tell it was the mushrooms. I felt in a subtly paranoid euphoria, and the consciousness in the back of my head's interactions with my active brains voice were fully envoloping. I started to think of shrooms as they were in nature, and what they really are. I saw them like peppers, or monarch butterflies, with a poison inside to prevent organisms from consuming them. A natural adaptation. I realized then exactly what this mental massage was. For deeper, in my head, which took everything for me to realize, was extremely intense and pleasing visions of my own demise. I felt an indescribably primitive notion to slit my wrists, or hang myself, or jump off something big, yet my ego wasn't even present anymore. I was essentially a being of pure consciousness, conscious only of pleasure and suicidal thoughts. Now shit was flashing in my head, imprints of dinosaurs and bright lights with shadowy patterns and terrifying faces and visions of one man with a scaggly beard and wild eyes grabbing me by the head and squeezing my eyeballs until they exploded all going at the speed of light. Fear had completely enveloped me and I realized I was completely naked in my bed. My body felt damp all over, which I now realize may have just been from hours of sweating. I heard only the voices I now understand to be my consciousness, not speaking but impregnating my mental state with deep rooted impressions of the universe. I saw consciousness and saw it's connection in every living life form, and realized that I had been repeating in my head "There is no god, there is no god, there is no god" louder than physically imaginable. No,it "wasn't there is no god"... it was "It's not a god." I began to cry, as visions of the pain in my life and the lives of everybody flashed before my eyes in an intensity I couldn't soberly describe or even think about. I realized how capable my brain is. Not once did I have a hallucination that felt real, like you hear about in kids cartoons about drugs with birds flying around speaking to you. It's all incredibly deep within you, and words and everything we find societal and human was gone. Nothing was words, everything was communicated to me in deep impressions. I made the realization that I am just a being on this planet, with seven billion others like me with the same such realities hidden deep in their consciousnesses, some unlocked more than others, some closed off forever. There were several moments where I was laying in my bed naked shuddering and flexing my entire body, just to control it. Moments of eternity in which the impressions my conscioussness gave me were all there was. It has been about five days since that trip, and still I'm feeling mindfucked. Though time had returned to normal, my visual snow had been very prevalent, something I used to only notice time to time. Sometimes I realize how long I've been thinking, and that very little time at all has passed. At the root of it, I feel as if I never want to return to mushrooms, however I somehow deep down know I must. This universe is so vastly more complicated than each of us alone could comprehend. I know to understand it further, I'll have to trip when I'm in a better mental place. Don't fuck around with mushrooms though, especially a lot of them. Mushrooms and acid are far different from marijuana or cocaine or opiates. All drugs are to bring you away from reality. It's a spectrum, however, and most drugs just let you blissfully lose touch with it. Psychedlics bring you a hell of a lot closer, and it's not until you've realized it that you find it's too late. My suggestion is don't fuck around with psychedlics, unless you're ready. Problem is you'll never know when you're ready until it's already over.

Hi and welcome, please add punctuation - line breaks mostly - to this wall of text cause it is unreadable, then I'll move it over to the trip reports section where trip reports belong.

Thanks. :)

It all depends on how strong the shrooms are, if they are really good I would say half an 8th, but if they are average I would say eat a full 8th. Different strains of shrooms also have some different effects, I've had shrooms that gave me a very intense body high and then I've had shrooms that were more visual.