• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mushrooms Subthread] First time Shrooming

How many grams of dry P. Cubensis mushrooms would you recommend for a first time?

• Up to 1 gram

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Over 1 gram and up to 1.5 grams

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Over 1.5 grams and up to 2.5 grams

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Over 2.5 grams and up to 3.5 grams

• Over 3.5 grams

• Total voters
^
A legend?

Please... take two good rolls of MDMA and chew on some Vitamin C and you see if it's a "legend"

Yeah, it may only be a brief sensation, but it still feels nice.

lol, you're kidding right?

Also, only 1000mg of Vitamin C giving you diarrhea? What is with all this mythography?
Call it a myth, misinformation or whatever you like. Vitamin C does not potentiate LSD or mushrooms and taking higher doses of vitamin C than you are used to, often causes diarrhea. A gram of vitamin C for someone not used to Vitamin C supplementation can give diarrhea.

^
The fact of the matter is that human-beings don't have their own indigenous Vitamin C production.

So regardless of what you're claiming, taking Vitamin C, if anything, can be good for you while using Psychedelic substances because of all the mental stress the body goes through during the experience.

Also, I don't know what kind of studies you've conducted to make claims like this, but assuming you haven't made any and are only going by your own personal "expertise." I find it hard to believe that you've actually tried it before.

Whether it be MDMA or some other Psychedelic substance. Anytime I was with other people, I've always had Vitamin C on me. Every single person, which is many, that I've ever tripped or rolled with that I had given Vitamin C. Has agreed, without question, that chewing on Vitamin C gives the brief sensation of peaking. Like a less-effective version of N2O. Now because of this, I've seen small groups of people go through bottles of Vitamin C when rolling and/or tripping.

It works in most people, that is a fact, therefore it is not a legend. This is only your opinion.

Last edited:
I've never experienced any boosting of psychedelics or MDMA from vitamin C. But this thread isn't a discussion about whether or not it works. :)

straycat, if I were you, I'd take about 2.5 grams of the eighth. I'd take them outside in nature, perhaps a forest, a place you are familiar with where there will not be other people. Take them during the day. Outside during the day is the best place I can think of to trip. Mushrooms especially seem to love to be outside... when I'm shrooming inside, it can feel claustrophobic. Maybe bring some music in case you want to listen at some point, but even better would be to listen to the music of the Earth.

^ I live in LA bro, there is no forest, let alone secluded areas. My best bet at secluded is my own home and I AM NOT tripping at the beach because the beach is full of schizo's and tourists both of which dont exactly put good connotations on my trip. As for the dose i'd say that'd be right if i didnt want to be overwhelmed, but if i'm going to do shrooms at all I think i'll start off with a bang ( the whole eigth). I plan on taking the shrooms, and after say 30-45 minutes ill lie down in my bed and go under the covers and just see where that gets me. How does this sound?

An 1/8 is pretty standard. I never liked taking any less (given they were the typical cubensis).

My mother calls too low of a dose of a psychedelic "being stuck in a waiting room".

If you want to increase your chances of having a meaningful trip then you should definitely do it alone. Although that isn't really recommended for you first time, you should be OK.

Most important is set and setting as always. I know you are kinda young so I hope you are going to be alone in your house with no parents. I find that having to inhibit myself in anyway while tripping is a huge distraction and somewhat anxiety provoking.

Vitamin C potentiation of psychedelics and MDMA is widely considered a myth. Most likely a placebo effect.

Delta-9-THC said:
Most important is set and setting as always.
Yes, be ready to postpone if situation requires. You have to yell Geronimo and make the jump sometime, but if there is unusual turbulence in your life or in your internal state its far better to wait for more ideal conditions.

While tripping if you have any repetitive or persistent heavy thoughts, remember that you can change the channel at anytime. The whole world will be rendered fascinating which makes it very easy to jump to a different focus if anything you are thinking or perceiving is uncomfortable.

Also, if you have a phone I'd ignore it. Those non-tripping people on the other end of the phone are unlikely to make any sense or have appreciation of whats going on with you. If you do talk to anyone, let it be someone who has experience tripping.

Straycat, given that you can't be outside as an option, I'd say in your room at night, alone, with music and darkness would be best. Under the covers might indeed be a great idea. Just do your best to make sure your parents won't bother you, because you would not be able to communicate with them and that wouldn't be a good thing.

Kinda risky. Just make sure you really set things up to be as safe as possible. I'd probably just wait for a better situation, but since you're probably resolved to do it, just make sure to be as safe as possible. Wait til they go to sleep and won't be getting back up. If you panic, just try to remember that you'll come down and be fine, and don't go waking them up or something. No one has died from mushrooms, and neither will you (just because that thought sometimes crosses my mind with them).

Do you have a backyard? If so go in there during sundown then when its dark maybe stargaze for abit, or go inside your room. Are you sure there are no forests or anything? Not just like a small patch of forest at a park or something? But also, I know it's good to research, but I think if you overdo it and get really anxious about it and trying to expect certain things it will mess up your experience. This very thing happened to my friend his first mush trip with me.

new idea, I think i might eat the mushies at 3 pm and go on a bike ride for a while with friends. We usually go to a park and go on the swings and pretend we're little kids so thats probably the setting i'd be most comfortable in. So i'll trip during the day, with friends in a place im very comfortable at. I think i'm about set.

^how much did you decide on taking?

When I was in HS, I had an experience where I took 1.5 g the same way you did, at home. I was never really bothered at all in HS when I was in my room. If I went in there and locked the door, I was almost for certain I wouldn't have any hassle.

Anyway, everything went alright. No problems, great experience, fun, insightful, just the right dosage for the situation. Occasionally though, I would get a bit antsy and want to go exploring, but I knew I really couldn't because of the current state I was in. So going downstairs and grabbing a glass of orange juice would have to suffice. In short, although no real dilemma occurred when there was some brief interaction with the parents, it wasn't ideally the most comfortable (It's hard to explain using words, but it's the head space you're in. Not necessarily bad, nor good. Awkward is about the closest word I can get to the feeling). It's kind of "weird" to bluntly put it, talking to your parents while on Mushrooms. I didn't suspect they had clue, but from that day on I preferred to avoid it.

^how much did you decide on taking?

When I was in HS, I had an experience where I took 1.5 g the same way you did, at home. I was never really bothered at all in HS when I was in my room. If I went in there and locked the door, I was almost for certain I wouldn't have any hassle.

Anyway, everything went alright. No problems, great experience, fun, insightful, just the right dosage for the situation. Occasionally though, I would get a bit antsy and want to go exploring, but I knew I really couldn't because of the current state I was in. So going downstairs and grabbing a glass of orange juice would have to suffice. In short, although no real dilemma occurred when there was some brief interaction with the parents, it wasn't ideally the most comfortable (It's hard to explain using words, but it's the head space you're in. Not necessarily bad, nor good. Awkward is about the closest word I can get to the feeling). It's kind of "weird" to bluntly put it, talking to your parents while on Mushrooms. I didn't suspect they had clue, but from that day on I preferred to avoid it.

That is the worst thing talkin to parents on shrooms hahha i did it once on 4g never again lol

I talked to my mom on 3 hits of acid, my first time too. I was all swaying around with huge pupils and a huge smile/grin. It was funny, I felt like I could read her thoughts just by looking at her, maybe it's because I know her so good and with my brain enhanced I can just think of what shes thinking by body language!!!

That is the worst thing talkin to parents on shrooms hahha i did it once on 4g never again lol

omg 4 g + parents lol, I cant even imagine 8o

I talked to my mom on 3 hits of acid, my first time too. I was all swaying around with huge pupils and a huge smile/grin. It was funny, I felt like I could read her thoughts just by looking at her, maybe it's because I know her so good and with my brain enhanced I can just think of what shes thinking by body language!!!

I know what you mean, the power of Psychedelic Telepathy.

:D

That is my tripping anthem. My day is better just by reading that!

Most peaceful song ever. <3 Definitely a tripping anthem =D

update: unfortunately my deeler was offered more cash for the shrooms he was holding, the motherfucker sold em and now i have to wait for god knows how long, w/e ive got a steady bud hookup now tho so i can wait it out