• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mushrooms Subthread] First time Shrooming

How many grams of dry P. Cubensis mushrooms would you recommend for a first time?

• Up to 1 gram

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Over 1 gram and up to 1.5 grams

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Over 1.5 grams and up to 2.5 grams

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Over 2.5 grams and up to 3.5 grams

• Over 3.5 grams

• Total voters
No price discussion allowed.

Two to three grams per person will get you where you want to go.

Remember set and setting. I suggest being outdoors and active if its your first trip.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a fine deal. I wouldn't go more expensive. 2 grams should be good for a first time. Unless they're weak, 2 grams is definitely going to be a trip. :)

Yeah, that's true... price discussion isn't allowed. Glad to have helped though. Do you want me to leave this open for non-price-related discussion?

Yea can you please? I want to ask a few question..

Mr jack jones you said i should be active? So i shouldnt be like stuck at home? I'm thinking about eating them and going to the beach... Would that be good or no? Anybody have any ideas on how to make my first shroom trip a good one?

Xorkoth Thank you ahead of time for leaving it open.. thank you i really appreciate it :)

That sounds like a very good idea. Natural settings are ideal while on psilocybin (or any hallucinogen for the matter).

No problem. :)

I'd say the number one most important factor is to be outside, and make sure you're not at a place where you might have to interact with society unexpectedly. Mushrooms are meant to be done outdoors for sure. I find it difficult to imagine having a bad experience spent outside in a forest or something... or really anywhere. But the forest is nature's playground. :)

alright so i got it planned out... pk i meant to ask... should i eat or not? some people talk about fasting make it more intense.. and then others say eat a small meal 2 hrs before to prevent nasua.... what should i do?

I find if they taste like absolute shit if i make a half peanut butter sandwich and put the shrooms on it's effortless. But I always didn't eat the day of the trip, and I never ave got nausea

alright so i got it planned out... pk i meant to ask... should i eat or not? some people talk about fasting make it more intense.. and then others say eat a small meal 2 hrs before to prevent nasua.... what should i do?

Coming from someone that gets sick if mushrooms enter my stomach.... make tea. Boil water, add 1tsp lemon juice, 1tbsp sugar, then add shrooms and steep for 15 mins, add tea bag of choice, let sit for 10-15 again, then enjoy!

It's normal to have a bit of stomach upset on psilocybin, which will cease before you start tripping. I find it a sign of a hard trip approaching. It is a good idea to eat a light meal with the shrooms so more gets into your blood stream, and it will ease stomach upset.

I find the onset of psilocybin to be a quick change of consciousness compared to LSD, Mescaline, or oral DMT. You'll be waiting for it then all of a sudden you're tripping, with the walls swaying and you asking yourself what is happening.

Have fun and remember, you control the trip, it does not control you. Work with it.

She's getting chocolates. I don't trust chocolates... its too easy to rip someone off. If you want chocolates, make them yourself. Besides, the first time you need to experience the unique stale cracker taste. Didn't like it at first, but now I LOVE it.

Dosage recommendations
-If they've never dosed anything a 1/16th is a very safe introduction
-If they're experience 1/8th is where it gets interesting
-An 8th can be a proper dose for the first time with the right person, but it can scare many who take it
-Chocolates are made so you don't know how much you're getting. Expect no more than 1.5 - 2.5 grams per chocolate. People rarely load them with 8ths

BTW an ounce is 28 grams. So an 8th would be 3.5 so on and so forth.

I would eat a light meal early in the day. Eating on psychedelics is gross. Having an empty stomach isn't a comfortable feeling. Eating right before the shrooms will make your stomach sick.

I reckon you want atleast 2 grams each, since they are probably cubes which are apparently weak maybe even 3 or 3.5 grams each. I didn't see the price you posted before it was edited, and you should learn that sort of question isn't allowed on here btw. But in regards to prices in general, unless you live in the North Pole where shrooms don't grow or they ain't in season then you are smarter to educate yourself how to pick and do it yourself.

An eighth of cubensis is going to be a very strong trip for a beginner. I'm quite experienced with psilocybin and I don't take that much in one hit. I don't like that overwhelmed feeling that accompanys hella psilocybin (LSD, yes). 1.5 - 2.0 is my usual dose, with more later if desired.

Id stick to 2.5g for first time. Anything below that u wont get much effect. Shrooms dont grow everywhere tho.

amount-?
setting-? ( woods not an option, beach is possible)
food-?
things to do whilst tripping-?
general advice-?

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people will tell you to take a small amount to start. I can say that my most annoying and anxiety-ridden trips were had under too small an amount. Everybody is different, but I would say 3 grams.

I think that any setting away from too many people would make sense. Especially aggressive people.

And I guess eating too much before taking them can diminish their effects, but afterwards, if you get hungry, go for it. Eating good food in a trip can be very pleasant.

As for things to do, I can't quite give too much advice. Don't really know what to say. Walking is usually something people want to do.

do not plan things to do, just go with the flow, cause that is part of what tripping is all about. Last time I tripped me and a buddy end up taking a Frisbee to campus and just throwing it with whoever we could find. We did a lose dose of shrooms, so public interaction was very feasible. Also, taking a bath or a shower is really really cool feeling.

Accounting for sensitivity I wouldn't take more than 2/3 or 3/4 of a dose, a dose in Dutch smartshops before prohibition was 30 grams fresh or 3 grams dry of Psilocybe Cubensis. You can do the math yourself :)

Seriously, that is what I took the first time and it was good that it was not more.

Shrooms vary in potency, but between 2 and 3 grams is usually good, do whatever you want but I would strongly recommend not exceeding 4 grams.

Setting should be wherever you're most comfortable. A lot of people say that shrooms are best outside, and while that's true I might recommend starting in a secure, private place, then maybe walking out to the beach later if that's an option. Definitely go for a walk at some point, but it doesn't have to be anywhere in particular. Cities at night look amazing on shrooms.

I've never had the urge to eat anything substantial while on any psychedelic, but there's no reason not to if you feel hungry. Something simple like a peanut butter sandwich would work better than a more complicated dish. I generally avoid eating for 4-6 hours before taking them, but if not eating for 10-12 hours is a problem for you you can eat something small maybe 2 hours before taking them then maybe something a couple hours after.

For things to do one of the best activities is to talk to whoever you're with, and really get into the more basic aspects of your life experience. Try out anything that comes to mind, silly stuff like Twister or examining works of art, just go with the flow. Have plenty of music, if you smoke tobacco make sure you have a lot of it on hand, and bring water/light drinks.

In general try to make a little bit of an event of it, try to avoid sitting around watching TV, and turn off your cell phone. Forget about day to day stuff.