Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Low Dosage Trips

indelibleface

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to the Psilocybin Mushrooms subthread for Low Dosage Trips

Back to the main Big & Dandy Mushrooms Thread

[original post:]

This is not meant to be a trip report, by the way.

I once ate a single dried cap of psilocybe cubensis (approx. 0.875 grams). I had only one left (an extra from a previous night of mushroom induced debauchery), and I decided to give it a try and see what a low dose mushroom trip would be like (all previous experiences have been in the 3.5g range).

I found it to be very pleasant. No visuals (there were some if I concentrated on looking for visuals, but it was very inconsipcuous), just an excellent body high; a buzzing warmth not unlike an MDMA high (although the chemical-induced love was missing out of the experience). I found myself sociable and ready to, in a sense, adventure. I also found mundane things to be quite interesting. I felt energized; it was perfect for a night out in LA with friends.

Has anyone else here had fun experiences doing things while on low doses of mushrooms? Anyone else find it good for partying and social events? I'm just about ready to replace a night of drinking with a single cap or cap and a half if I want to be more sociable and "entertainable", but not incapacitated or distracted.

Last edited by a moderator:
i find low doses of mushrooms very similar to your description. Just a very nice floaty warmth along with an increased appreciation for the mundane. It puts me in a very bright and aware mood, allowing my thoughts to flow with ease. The wonder that mushrooms instills in you is still there, but in a way which leaves you entirely in control of the situation. In relation to MDMA, i would probably have a very hard time telling a gram of mushrooms and half a pill apart. Both ecstasy and shrooms seem to be much in the same ballpark at low dosages, and are not completely alien from eachother until you venture into medium to high doses (where the unique personality of the chemical is really "in your face" apparent"). All in all, two thumbs up for low mushroom experiences :)

low doses of mushrooms make me feel like i need to do something but i don't know what.

There was an article in High Times (maybe early 90's) on the subject. Maybe smeone put it up on the net somewhere. (you never know what you will run across on that damn internet!)

Low dose mushrooms trips are a blast. Not enough to get visuals or a mindfuck, but just enough to make things "different." Often times i'll eat one mushroom, forget I even ate it, and go on with my day... A little while later i'll find myself giggling at stupid stuff similar to being stoned but different. I once had a great time listening to a professor talk about schizophrenia while on .1 grams. It made it quite interesting actually.

Strangely enough, the only time I've had a bad trip was when I had a low dose of mushrooms. High doses were just fun.

deviate said:
low doses of mushrooms make me feel like i need to do something but i don't know what.
My feelings exactly. On low doses and even sometimes in the 3.5 g range if they are weak, I just get a restless feeling and get agitated that I can't think of anything worthwhile to do.

Bad_Boy_Blue said:
Strangely enough, the only time I've had a bad trip was when I had a low dose of mushrooms. High doses were just fun.

My buddy had this exact same response. He said his worst trip ever was on .5 grams of mushrooms.

I like to take a low dose shrooms when i go out to bars with my friends. Its really nothing to do on its own, but i find it mixes nicely with a couple of beers and some music.

low doses are becoming my only option lately. Too many high dose trips have resulted in much anxiety, but I've found lower doses (2 - 2.5 g) to be like MDMA, which to me is much more enjoyable.

deviate said:

I know the feeling. What if you were to try the low dose while having something in mind to do (perhaps a picnic in the park with the girlfriend, for example)?

Once or twice, I have taken maybe 3-5 liberty caps while smoking cannabis.

I find it increases my mood and my general high, it's nice

Dosing on THC is always important while on a low dosage of cubbies.

I've tripped 11 times from (.9 grams to 7grams) and my most recent time was on about 2.3 grams of shrooms and 2 different kinds of kind weed and a small bit of kief hash, and this most recent time i had SUCHHHH fucked up visuals, it was just sooo strange, something i must investigate further, and i think is worth it for anyone to try, i highly recommend it.

I think my fave very low dose shroom trip had me at the laundromat working on an essay about a 16th century sonnet. Every letter was interesting, every pattern of the words, the numbers of letters, the associations of words -- ended up with an A+.

My sweetheart realized onlya few months ago that low mushroom doses make your vision much sharper -- we walked in very dark woods and saw fine. Not too much purely mental or trippy activity.

I suppose it's an ability to observe detail more closely without being overwhelmed by this or that particular detail.

I found that if you take 900mg of shrooms, put it into a coffee grinder and make a powder out of it, then cap 'em and eat 'em that you will get your ass kicked like there is no tomorrow.

I always underestimate shrooms, my sweetie had one of the hardest times on the same small amount and I spent most of my time helping her through it. Even she couldn't understand why this happened, on such a low dose.

Makes me think twice about eating 5+ grams again.

Much love

I ate a gram about a week ago and got nothing from it. I took a 3.5 dose about a week earlier so that might have been why I did not trip, due to the tolerance issue. But I do not remember if it was exactly a week, so I'm not sure why I did not trip. Is a gram enough to let me trip a little bit? What kind of things do you notice off a gram? I'm planning on trying about 1-1.5 grams and some weed to have a mellow trip, is that enough or is it too much?

in response to the above poster, one gram should be enough. i had a trip off a gram where the ground was breathing and i saw patterns, closed eye visuals and quite a body high.