View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Nausea / Vomiting & Prevention

Alldaykk

Bluelighter
I love mushrooms, but what I hate about them is...

I have noticed every time I take them it bloats my gut up to kingdom come. Im not talking gas, in fact I dont recall even having that as a side effect. Im talking literally my gut just expands out like I just ate a 3 course meal and dessert. Sometimes it can even get a little discomforting like its really crammed in there. I really enjoy the visuals but this is getting annoying. I dont believe LSD ever has this same effect on me.

Any tips?

anyone else get this regularly, is this just part of the experience, or am I trippin?

I don't feel this effect at all but many people find mushrooms detestable to eat and cause stomach issues infamously. I however can eat 5 grams and not feel one urk come from my stomach. They go well with some people and worse with others. I recall enjoying actually eating them less in different times of my life but now they just don't bother me physically at all! I could eat them every day just for the taste!

actual bloating though? perhaps your one of the unlucky few who just has a harder time with mushrooms than others. Do similar batches give your friends the same symptoms?

I know you dont think its gas... but more than likely it is, try some gasx or something...

Also, it could be from laughing so much, or even from grinning so much, you would be amazed at how many muscles you use to have a shit eating grin for 5 hours....

hey, I wonder if "shit eating grin" came from people eating mushrooms lol...

hey guys thanks for the replies!!!

To answer your questions, the funny thing is I never get nausea from mushrooms, never thrown up never even recall feeling sick to my stomach.

And i dont mean bloating like groaning or anything, i mean bloated like [insert picture of Steven Spielbergs E.T. and his gut, same shape] (lol!)

I can really notice it too because I normally have a 6 pack and when on shrooms it sticks out to where I cant even flex my abs properly. Its just pretty uncomfortable in that regard.

Other friends report same symptoms from this batch, I believe they are some VERY BLUE, cubenesis? They have like golden caps with ruffle type patterns on the caps

its as if I eat them and then my stomach goes "OOOOOOOOF!, what now?"

so have you ever tried:

gas-x

shroom tea

shroom alcohol extract ?

no sir i have not. TBH I am not interested in the ladder two just because A. convenience (main reason) but also B. I have a rare gift of that mushroom taste does not bother me, i find it comparable to eating some raw vegetable such as carrots or pumpkin, as where most people cant stand it and start coughing and puking, so I like to indulge in this gift

But i def agree I should just try something for gas I mean its bloating it obviously MUST be gas whether i feel gas or not, maybe it will help

do you eat them fresh or dry?

i love the flavor of fresh shrooms, but dried i prefer to grind them up and mix with honey.

you should try tea, it's easy and many people have reported reduction in side effects.

shroom alcohol is a little more difficult (requires 190 proof to do properly) but reportedly is great stuff.

Shrooms give me some killer farts! So bad that I even stand up to my pregnant wife's, trust me that is saying alot. When im rippin them she's like you've still got some, and I'm like "Ttthhhhrrrrrpp -yep now that one was for you"

I know you dont think its gas... but more than likely it is, try some gasx or something...

Also, it could be from laughing so much, or even from grinning so much, you would be amazed at how many muscles you use to have a shit eating grin for 5 hours....

hey, I wonder if "shit eating grin" came from people eating mushrooms lol...

Hahaha i get it

"mushrooms grow on cow turds! I wonder if that's where the phrase "that's good shit" came from?" - Bill Hicks

It definitely sounds like that distended stomach is because of indigestion of mushroom tissue fibers. Have you tried making tea? Check out how to do it best because boiling water is not good for the alkaloids.

Are you eating fresh ones or dried? Fresh ones can be even worse in this respect but I didn't really have such a problem (anymore) when I chewed them very well. And I am not talking the way you chew food I mean much longer, like approaching 15 minutes.
It sucks if you hate the taste but when I did mushrooms often I learned to just pull through. Beyond a certain point I really preferred chewing them rather than getting burps and a bad stomach from it. 15 minutes can be damn long if you also want to try not to swallow anything. You will salivate and get a fuller mouth over time. Just hold on though.

There is another reason for which I mainly chewed for so long and that is to try and absorb as many alkaloids as possible in my mouth. You can improve this by using something like mouthwash before and scrubbing the dead cells out of your cheeks.

Try either tea, extracting mushrooms with everclear or chewing them like I described.

I must say though, I didn't have much trouble either when I cut fresh ones up into little pieces and threw them in a mildly cooled of broil/soup.

It definitely sounds like that distended stomach is because of indigestion of mushroom tissue fibers. Have you tried making tea? Check out how to do it best because boiling water is not good for the alkaloids.

Are you eating fresh ones or dried? Fresh ones can be even worse in this respect but I didn't really have such a problem (anymore) when I chewed them very well. And I am not talking the way you chew food I mean much longer, like approaching 15 minutes.
It sucks if you hate the taste but when I did mushrooms often I learned to just pull through. Beyond a certain point I really preferred chewing them rather than getting burps and a bad stomach from it. 15 minutes can be damn long if you also want to try not to swallow anything. You will salivate and get a fuller mouth over time. Just hold on though.

There is another reason for which I mainly chewed for so long and that is to try and absorb as many alkaloids as possible in my mouth. You can improve this by using something like mouthwash before and scrubbing the dead cells out of your cheeks.

Try either tea, extracting mushrooms with everclear or chewing them like I described.

I must say though, I didn't have much trouble either when I cut fresh ones up into little pieces and threw them in a mildly cooled of broil/soup.

Very informative post, thank you!

I will definitely be trying this chewing method next time, sounds great, and I always thought what you are saying would be correct anyway, that obsorbing as much of it as possible thru the mouth is going to be more effective anyway. IDK about 15 minutes but I bet I could double the 1-2 minutes Ive been doing, hahahaha

Haha :D just distract yourself or something, it will be over before you know it and rest assured it isn't the part you will be remembering anyway if all goes well.

On the day you do them, try not to eat gross foods and don't eat too much. Try taking a shit in the middle of your trip if you get stomach pains, just don't look at it for too long if you're tripping balls.

dry then grind to powder w/coffee bean grinder. get down however. no nausea or bloating, because all the indigestible hard cellulose is pulverized to microscopic particles , not detected by stomach as needing digestion. pass easily into small intestine where all alkaloids are rapidly and totally absorbed from the fine dust.

This exact same thing used to happen to me. Tums seem to do the trick; I almost never get any stomach problems when I eat a few with some mushies (or any psychedelic for that matter). Have a box handy and just chew one or two when you dose and repeat whenever your stomach starts acting up. Works beautifully.

edit: an even better approach is to fast for a day or so before you eat mushrooms. They hit you harder, and it eliminates almost all nausea/bloating.

I generally trip with friends at a house or out in the woods but I think I'm going to a show next weekend and I want to take a light dose of mushrooms (probably 2.0-2.5g) or so. They're fairly potent.

How do I deal with the nausea at the show? I don't dance or anything but my body temp elevates while on mushrooms and sometimes I get sick. Rarely will this result in a bad experience but throwing up at a show sounds like a wicked rad way for me to be called drunk

Ideas? I don't much like the idea of dramamine but I will if it's the only option. What foods could I eat to help settle the stomach?