Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] P. Semilanceata / Liberty Caps

BristolRob

Bluelighter
liberty cap/other psilocybe mushrooms dose comparison

I'm compiling a questionnaire on psychedelic drugs.

I want to address the question. What is the average dose of psilocybe mushrooms you would take

I want to provide an option list like below:

1-10 libery caps
11-20 liberty caps
20-50 liberty caps
50-100 liberty caps
>100 liberty caps

However, I understand liberty caps, while especially common in the UK, and not the commonest psilocybe mushroom taken elsehwere.

Are there some helpful people who could give me a species comparison please e.g., 10grams Conocybe cyanopus = x number of liberty caps etc

Thanks

Thanks for the link. How many grams do you think 50 liberty caps is?

50 wet & 50 dry..

How many liberty caps to eat?

How many liberty caps do you eat on average?

And how much in weight is 50 dried liberty caps?

1-10 liberty caps (<1g cubensis)
10-20 liberty caps (1-1.5g cubensis)
20-50 liberty caps (1.5-2g cubensis)
50-100 liberty caps (2-4g cubensis)
>100 liberty caps (>4g cubensis)

I'm going with this - unless people protest..

It depends on how much each one weighs.

I ate about 40 last year and most of them were small, was quite a decent trip.

they are more potent by weight than psilocybe, obviously. Start small and work up bc potency can vary from batch to batch.

lib cap tea is to die for (psychically if you take too much ;)).

^Duh, libert caps they are psilocybe semilecenta (or something) :)

Merged threads together in slightly odd order- my apologies.

Last time I think I had about 50/60? That was quite an intense trip.

I dunno, I tend to walk around a field in autumn picking and eating as I go until I realise I'm tripping a hell of a lot then sit in the field and admire the view :)

The most I've taken of these was 45, it was quite a medium trip for me, although some people find this dosage quite intense. Might have not been the most potent "batch" I guess, but then again I seem to be less sensitive to mushrooms than most people I know. I would compare this dosage to 1.5-2g of cubensis of average potency, but it's hard to compare these two species in my opinion. The effects seem to be quite different (probably due to different alkaloid contents). I find the liberty caps less mentally challenging than other species I've tried, kinda more "mellow" if you know what I mean. Less serious and more fun. Could be just me though.

Am I to assume the above is roughly ok?

BristolRob said:

Am I to assume the above is roughly ok?
there is no real way to tell unless you weigh them.:|

BristolRob said:
Since I can't weigh them, I'm going to go with it
pocket_scale.jpg

these are SOOOOO CHEAP!!!!!! Iv seen tem as low as 10 cent american.

BristolRob said:
What is the average dose of psilocybe mushrooms you would take.......
Well I've really only ever taken Scottish liberty caps, which are reputed to be quite potent, and my average dose was 100+ fresh/200+dried. I found this to be a powerful trip, very hallucinogenic, empathic and truly satisfying. This was 30 years ago when I was very young, and I must have tripped a couple of hundred times in all (although this is just a crude guess. Who really bothers to count trips ?). Nowadays I find 200-300ug of acid hits the sweet spot - I always found mushrooms to be too short acting. But for about 15 years I really loved and cherished mushroom trips. Quite why the British government took it upon itself to ban them is hard to accept. The paranoia could be interesting enough on its own without worrying about getting booked for doing it :\

I suppose mushrooms were a very important part of my life, and one which I can honestly say was entirely beneficial. I never had one difficult trip, though I found myself in some mad situations.

They should be free with every voting card, at every local, regional and general election :)

Fly agaric as the alternative.

There is always that second option if your wanting to try the best of british, as bristol bob says, the fly agaric. In comparison i can only say this, i have picked them in Adelaide Australia, Dundee in Scotland and Gerwoods silver birch wood in Morley, West Yorkshire and found the Fly Agarics in Yorkshire to be slightly more intense on a measure to measure basis to those of Australia and those of Scotland. There is a gentleman by the name of Paddy Strudwick who cultivates Fly Agaric mushrooms and san pedro cactus in Amsterdam who wrote a smashing piece on the Fly Agaric mushroom, with some amusing tales of amsterdam when the first Fly Agaric tea bags hit the streets.

Cyanescens and liberty caps high

Hey I just moved to the pacific northwest and i've come across cyanescens and liberty caps. How do these highs compare to cubensis