• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Smoking Mushrooms

correct me if i'm wrong, but the heat will destroy the psilocybin, making it useless to smoke
never heard anything about people going blind from mushroom smoke

I've heard about the heat thing, a lot of people seem to believe that its other tryptamines in the mushrooms that give you the high when you smoke, that are not orally active, but definitely don't quote me on that. I haven't been able to find any good information one way or the other on this topic though...

i read on erowid about smoking them and it said it should be fine to smoke seeing that psilosybin is very stable, but that shrooms arent very potent (like weed) so youll have to smoke as much as you would eat and thats just grose

First of all, fucking WHY? The smoke is one of the most putrid, foul things known to man from what I hear. Second of all, you would have to waste many grams of beautiful shrooms to even get remotely psychoactive effects.

In short, don't fucking do it.

edit: bleh, I should've read the post first. To answer your question, no the smoke won't make you go blind. That is ridiculous. But you shouldn't fucking be smoking mushrooms in the first place.

it is possible to get mild, short-lasting effects from smoking mushrooms. but think about it, you want to be inhaling smoke from nasty fungus? I hope not.

maybe if you extracted the 4-HO-DMT from it and then vaporized that it *might* work but smoking mushrooms, nah...

i've smoked a bit of shrooms...

i think i got a slight "head-lifting" feeling, but it could have been placebo for all i know

i only smoked a little bit of a dried shroom stem, but that was it

i didn't think the smoke was that bad, from what i can remember...

if anyone wants to try this for a small headache cure, let me know if it works :) it felt like it would have been good for headaches, from what i remember

nah it wasn't light-headed

it was clearheaded...the feeling stayed with me for quite a while...could have been placebo, but it wasn't at all a "lightheaded" feeling

it was like a very light tripping feeling or salvia feeling or something more along those lines...but just very light...

just lift of head pressure, kinda

not anything like what you'd feel if you just smoked a cig or even some pot (although you could probably achieve the same thing with pot if you are good with it...but it didn't really feel like pot)

Smoking mushrooms..

Hey hey heyyy yah I was wondering if you can smoke mushrooms (I'm really not interested for I have given up mushrooms for a reason, --> http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=140763&page=3 <-- ) but anyway i was wondering if ya can, andddd is it true that If while smoking mushrooms, the smoke happens to get in your eyes, do you go blind? probably just an ol wise tale but ya know8o

you CAN smoke mushrooms...but it does not get you high. heat destroys the active chemical

I read somewhere on Erowid on smoking shrooms without destroying a shitload of the active chemical. But it still doesn't work nearly as good as simply eating them.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_smoked.shtml
There continues to be controversy around whether or not smoking psilocybin/psilocin containing mushrooms can produce a psychoactive effect. On the one side, are those who claim to have tried it and experienced effects. On the other are those who state that psilocybin and psilocin break down at low enough temperatures that a flame would destroy them, as well as those who have tried this method and experienced no effects.

There is some hypothesis that the issue results from Carlos Castaneda's descriptions, in The Teachings of Don Juan, of a smoking blend used by his teacher. Castaneda describes a blend of 5 plants, including sage and dried, powdered psilocybe mushrooms...the other 3 plants are not identified.

We have received a few experience reports from those who have tried this method.

# Smoked Mushrooms Experience Reports

# See also: Smoking Amanitas

I'd like to see someone smoke a few grams of dried cubensis. It's making me sick thinking about it.

LOL GOD this brings back disgusting memories

We had some liberty caps that just finished drying we loaded the cap of one into a bowl and I took that shit back and lemme tell you NEVER FUCKING AGAIN there is NOTHING that tastes nastier than that. OMFG my eyes watered for like half an hour and I almost puked a dozen times. Also didint give any effect, but youd prolly have to smoke a lot which would be impossible cause thats just DISGUSTING.

I even got quiet a bit of smoke in my eyes, that cap exploded in flames, and it didint really bother my eyes. But I was paranoid that it would cause of that 'myth'.

^Was that a joke? Because a google searched yielded zero results with the keywords "lungsporegia syndrome"