• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Music festival thread! When and where?

I love me some weird dirty dub edm shiz too, although that first one sounds filthy as shit. There are some clubs in DC that I hit when I can. I've seen a fair amount of artists there.

Man I’ve always been curious of the club scene out that way. Around here there’s no clubs really, just underground-esque venues. It’s funny cuz very occasionally some big city types will come through and they try treating our spots like clubs. I’ll never forget the time waiting in line some club goes in suits tried walking to the front of the line thinking they’d walk right in 😂 They stood there while us raggedy hippies got to all go in first.

-GC

Man I’ve always been curious of the club scene out that way. Around here there’s no clubs really, just underground-esque venues. It’s funny cuz very occasionally some big city types will come through and they try treating our spots like clubs. I’ll never forget the time waiting in line some club goes in suits tried walking to the front of the line thinking they’d walk right in 😂 They stood there while us raggedy hippies got to all go in first.

-GC
Yeah, there are some more low-key joints and then some bigger venues. I've seen infected mushroom, mgmt, kid Cudi, passion pit, and probably more I'm forgetting at the main big venue. But there's a great night life in DC, and walking around town after a night of partying to get home is interesting AF in the city. Parking is always the worst part.

Baltimore has some good spots too. Baltimore soundstage I've seen zomboy there.

Good News Everyone!

New York Harvest Festival is at Trumansburg NY Fairgrounds this year (Grassroots campground).

Good News Everyone!

New York Harvest Festival is at Trumansburg NY Fairgrounds this year (Grassroots campground).

the bands are ok... where is the old days like gathering of the vibes where festivals use to be great

MAKE MUSIC FESTIVALS GREAT AGAIN

This weekend is Bass Valley, camping and music out near Fairplay, CO. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100069438077579

It should be a good time. What's not to like? Camping at elevation (night sky) and music, just chillin' all weekend.

Fuck ya now we talking! I actually used to know Project Aspect back like over a decade ago when he was first getting going. He’d chill with my crew whenever he came out this way.

That system looks something fierce.. What is that? (I guess I can go look but might get lazy.)

Either way much appreciated, that’s the type of stuff I like to keep an eye on.

I’ve got two coming up in a month back to back weekends so shall be a good time. Then going camping up north for a week immediately after the second. I need a good vacation.

-GC

I guess it’s the “new RTM sound system.” Please please report back on how it sounds. They damn sure got the visual aesthetic down but does it sound good is the real question.

-GC

Good News Everyone!

OOH this looks great! I might go to this one

I guess it’s the “new RTM sound system.” Please please report back on how it sounds. They damn sure got the visual aesthetic down but does it sound good is the real question.

-GC
Will do. I am definitely curious myself about the setup.

This will be my first time there, but it seems promising. Local producers, private property, location given when you pay, never heard of half the artists. Works for me. The setting -- well, hell, I'm looking forward to the high 40s at night, who am I kidding? I don't have A/C and it's been warm here.

Ithaca is a beautiful area. Right on Cayuga Lake.
It does get cold that time of year tho. Sometimes it's in the 50's at night. Other times drops to 30F overnight.
What I'm saying is to bring extra warm clothes, winter jacket and blankets. Or keep an eye on the temps. @xtcgrrrl

-GC
No fault could I find. I'm no sound engineer, but it sounded great to me. Clean, not muddy, no missing ranges, etc. The lasers were awesome. They were set to shoot up into the aspens, and there was a smoke machine, so the 3D effects were killer.

I hadn't heard Project Aspect before, and I had mentioned the name to my wife after your post, so when he came on while I was focused on the food vendor, she was, "Hey. HEY!" His set was really enjoyable. Strong.

Anyway, I had a great weekend and will be looking for this one again next year. Friday night, people were still getting in; a lot of folks live in or around Denver, and there's a 2+ hour drive to get there after work. When Saturday night arrived and I saw everyone assembling at the stage area with all the diversity and whimsy and fun you hope for, I thought, Yeah, this is the right place. It was a super-informal vibe, no crap to deal with, just a bunch of people enjoying the music and having fun. Met some people, and had some great conversations. Did a lot of dancing. We heard a bunch of DJs for the first time, and that made it about perfect.

Last edited:
No fault could I find. I'm no sound engineer, but it sounded great to me. Clean, not muddy, no missing ranges, etc. The lasers were awesome. They were set to shoot up into the aspens, and there was a smoke machine, so the 3D effects were killer.

I hadn't heard Project Aspect before, and I had mentioned the name to my wife after your post, so when he came on while I was focused on the food vendor, she was, "Hey. HEY!" His set was really enjoyable. Strong.

Anyway, I had a great weekend and will be looking for this one again next year. Friday night, people were still getting in; a lot of folks live in or around Denver, and there's a 2+ hour drive to get there after work. When Saturday night arrived and I saw everyone assembling at the stage area with all the diversity and whimsy and fun you hope for, I thought, Yeah, this is the right place. It was a super-informal vibe, no crap to deal with, just a bunch of people enjoying the music and having fun. Met some people, and had some great conversations. Did a lot of dancing. We heard a bunch of DJs for the first time, and that made it about perfect.

I know I’m going to the right festival when I don’t recognize any of the names but walk away with some new favorite artists. Glad to hear it was a good one!

I actually hit a very last minute wellness retreat/music festival this past weekend. It was mostly meditation and what not but at night there was a drum circle followed by some really good psychedelic bass and psytrance music that went into the night.

I actually haven’t heard Project Aspects music in a looong time so I should look him up to see what he’s about these days. He definitely used to embody the Denver music vibe. (I can listen to certain artists and tell they from CO before I even see their location.)

I’ll keep that one in mind tho if I’m ever out that way and looking for a good fest :)

-GC

I know I’m going to the right festival when I don’t recognize any of the names but walk away with some new favorite artists. Glad to hear it was a good one!

I actually hit a very last minute wellness retreat/music festival this past weekend. It was mostly meditation and what not but at night there was a drum circle followed by some really good psychedelic bass and psytrance music that went into the night.

I actually haven’t heard Project Aspects music in a looong time so I should look him up to see what he’s about these days. He definitely used to embody the Denver music vibe. (I can listen to certain artists and tell they from CO before I even see their location.)

I’ll keep that one in mind tho if I’m ever out that way and looking for a good fest :)

-GC
It was good enough we are looking hard at the Something Different festival in Pine Sept 1-3. A lot of crossover, and who doesn't like more fun!

Passing this along for all you Festers.

370276382_812002120713295_6707580725326668693_n.jpg