• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Music festival thread! When and where?

I love my fucking life. Told myself when I showed up here I was on the hunt for a gram of K and a gram of MDA. Both drugs I don’t do super often but don’t find in high quality super often either (plenty of impure sass and ok ketamine though).

Stumbled upon a bunch of MDMA that looked good and tested better but no MDA. I was even hitting some peoples MDMA with the Simons in hopes someone was wrong. Nothing…

Then I heard some dudes had K and went to check it out and possibly grab some. Tested good but looked much too powdery for my tastes. So I held out..

Patience is a virtue. At the site a guy is stumbling through and my brother takes one look at the guy and was like “your the one I wanna talk to” lol. He had the most beautiful needle shard K and chunk I’ve ever seen. I grabbed a gram of the chunk because it looked different than any chunk I’ve had before, in a good way. Instead of being like a rock it was more like a bunch of tiny well defined crystals molded together into a rock. That’s usually a good sign with MDMA too.

Not 15min later another guy stumbles in offering his wares, spoke out about 10 different substances then I asked, “MDA?” Without saying a word he starts pulling his pack off and my heart soars. He pulls out his last gram saying he’s been saving it for quite awhile. Soon as I see that non reaction with the Simons I about shit lol.

This was the best MDA I’ve seen since 2013, actual clear pebbles none of the precursor heavy product I see more than I’d like.

A little while later I tried the K and hands down without a doubt best K I’ve done. Almost like the last batch I got expect even better and obviously pure unlike the last. I actually felt really euphoric and even a bit energetic for awhile afterwards. I don’t get it, I’ve been doing K for years…. Am I just now understanding it or is there more to K beyond isomers that we’ve yet to understand? Perhaps impurities in much of the modern K that makes it less fun than it could be…

Point of the story, never settle. I coulda grabbed some MDMA, I coulda bought some shit K just cuz it tested good but I waited til I found exactly what I’m looking for. And of course always test, you go to the right places with a test kit and a keen eye and you’ll never run dry.

-GC

It was wild.

On top of the K and MDA I was able to get myself a free oz of Amazonian Cubes, free .5G of meth, and a free 7g of dank bud ground scored.

I hate ketamine in the scene (besides to get to sleep at the end of the night) but it’s nice when everyone’s whacked on K and your rolling n tripping, makes for lots of free drugs on the ground :)

-GC

It was wild.

On top of the K and MDA I was able to get myself a free oz of Amazonian Cubes, free .5G of meth, and a free 7g of dank bud ground scored.

I hate ketamine in the scene (besides to get to sleep at the end of the night) but it’s nice when everyone’s whacked on K and your rolling n tripping, makes for lots of free drugs on the ground :)

-GC
Ha yes :) don't like the rise in ketamine use much either at festivals, for obvious reasons.

Did you find a good 6-APB opportunity by now? Just asking, I'm curious

Ha yes :) don't like the rise in ketamine use much either at festivals, for obvious reasons.

Did you find a good 6-APB opportunity by now? Just asking, I'm curious

Unfortunately not yet… My brother did though at 100mg and seemed to enjoy it thoroughly. I’m waiting a bit longer just to be further from my cancer diagnosis.

Can’t wait to give it a go though :) one of these days.

-GC

Already jonesin for the summer.. Hoping to try out some new small ones, whatever I see pop up.

-GC

Better start saving up @ions:

Jeepers. There's some heavyweights playing this year. Not a shit or arbitrary lineup that's for sure.

Last edited:
Got a few that are supposed to happen, small bass music festivals, not sure I wanna say em though...

I’m hopeful with the numbers dropping rapidly we’ll see some type of events this summer.

I’m freaking out honestly with no high end systems to listen to.. I plan on buying a pair of 1,000$ speakers (I know nothing compared to some higher end speakers, but a lot for me to drop still) this summer to finish off my system, just Incase we get fucked on another summer of fun. I’ll at least have high quality sound for me and my family/friends :)

Idk bout you guys but the rigs used at a festival are as important to me as the artists that play. I can listen to any music at home, but it’s the sound rig that brings it alive in a way that cant be felt with a home system. God it depresses me just thinking of being deprived for an undetermined amount of time.

-GC
As somebody who has spent WAY too much on audio equipment over the decades I reckon I'm "qualified" to chime in here.

The best sound I've ever ever had and by a huge and absolute margin (way better than any high end audio shit) I got with a stereo PA system and mixing desk. Depends on the type of music you like but if it's bass and absolute power that you're into (like that type of bass that goes right through your body and you actually "feel" the sound. My last setup was an Alto Professional PA with double subs. (and the way those are connected and setup is important i.e. if done wrong you end up with "wet" bottom end). Before I bought this setup I priced and tested some high end shit and it just wasn't justified (in terms of price) and didn't come anywhere close. You're in the US so you should be able to buy the shit I'm talking about for next to nothing (compared to me i.e. we are always saddled with fucked up import duties on shit like this and not to mention a fucked up exchange rate always).

Without a word of a lie: with live Blu-ray concerts playing through the shit it was just like being there (at the concert I mean) actually even better. I've been to some concerts where the sound has been fucking ten times worse than what I used to have in my living room. Sometimes I've wondered if the sound engineers that set up the sound are finally fucking deaf from the years of abuse. There's been one of two occasions where the sound has been LITERALLY physically painful on the ears. And it totally kills it (bad sound) for me anyway. But then I'm talking open air concerts (or festivals or whatever). Always wondered what the sound is REALLY like at something like Wacken or Ozzfest (never had the privilege and too old and too fucked now, both mentally and physically, so it's never gonna happen) (besides and for what that'd cost to actually get to either I may as well just replace my gear).

Not a pissing contest post this I assure you i.e. somebody like you I reckon would know your oats on this type of shit. All I know is that after years and years of fucking around and spending oodles of money on sound equipment my last stint with this shit was absolutely out of this world. Of course: if you go down this route best case scenario is that your neighbors don't live close i.e. a farm or smallholding ideal because the shit I'm talking about you're effectively re-creating concert sound and the sound is thrown a distance. And don't get flimflammed by some fucking salesman when it comes to technical specs. Usually they know sweet fuck all technically speaking and basically and in my experience they're mostly wannabe musicians but cannot find gigs or proper jobs. And they'll sell you anything just as long as they're getting commission on the deal.

Last edited:
As somebody who has spent WAY too much on audio equipment over the decades I reckon I'm "qualified" to chime in here.

The best sound I've ever ever had and by a huge and absolute margin (way better than any high end audio shit) I got with a stereo PA system and mixing desk. Depends on the type of music you like but if it's bass and absolute power that you're into (like that type of bass that goes right through your body and you actually "feel" the sound. My last setup was an Alto Professional PA with double subs. (and the way those are connected and setup is important i.e. if done wrong you end up with "wet" bottom end). Before I bought this setup I priced and tested some high end shit and it just wasn't justified (in terms of price) and didn't come anywhere close. You're in the US so you should be able to buy the shit I'm talking about for next to nothing (compared to me i.e. we are always saddled with fucked up import duties on shit like this and not to mention a fucked up exchange rate always).

Without a word of a lie: with live Blu-ray concerts playing through the shit it was just like being there (at the concert I mean) actually even better. I've been to some concerts where the sound has been fucking ten times worse than what I used to have in my living room. Sometimes I've wondered if the sound engineers that set up the sound are finally fucking deaf from the years of abuse. There's been one of two occasions where the sound has been LITERALLY physically painful on the ears. And it totally kills it (bad sound) for me anyway. But then I'm talking open air concerts (or festivals or whatever). Always wondered what the sound is REALLY like at something like Wacken or Ozzfest (never had the privilege and too old and too fucked now, both mentally and physically, so it's never gonna happen) (besides and for what that'd cost to actually get to either I may as well just replace my gear).

Not a pissing contest post this I assure you i.e. somebody like you I reckon would know your oats on this type of shit. All I know is that after years and years of fucking around and spending oodles of money on sound equipment my last stint with this shit was absolutely out of this world. Of course: if you go down this route best case scenario is that your neighbors don't live close i.e. a farm or smallholding ideal because the shit I'm talking about you're effectively re-creating concert sound and the sound is thrown a distance. And don't get flimflammed by some fucking salesman when it comes to technical specs. Usually they know sweet fuck all technically speaking and basically and in my experience they're mostly wannabe musicians but cannot find gigs or proper jobs. And they'll sell you anything just as long as they're getting commission on the deal.

Much appreciated man I’ll give those a look!! I’m hoping in the next couple years I finally get up the money to buy a small rig. Something I could throw a fun little banger with..

I know what you mean on sound. The festivals I go to are pretty much entirely centered around that. If you’ve ever heard of “Big Sound Culture” then you may know. When I look at a lineup part of the advertising point should be their rigs, if they don’t say anything usually that’s a bad sign it’ll be some garbage. The festivals I go to are also a drop in the bucket compared to something like Ozzfest, I like having like 20-30ppl in front of whatever stage I’m at lol.

Overall the two systems I enjoy the most are Voids and Funktion 1. I’ve had more fun than I can ever think of having in front of F1s. I’ve heard they can be finicky for a poor sound guy, I think it has to do with size. I notice a large F1 rig, especially the older models, tend to get muddy the bigger they get. A smaller setup seems to hit so nice on my eardrum, F1s have this almost tribal feeling they give to the music.

Voids are fucking ill too, they seem to capture the essence of the music a bit better with overall a more industrial feel to it. That said they don’t accentuate certain aspects of the music the way F1s seem to. Lately though the Voids have been coming out on top. The sheer power alone is something to behold. Last year they had 4 bass bins on each side, one speak for mids and the horn for highs (which look so cool btw). For how small it was, it flexed hard.

Yea I’m all about the sheer power of the bass, but I also like highly intricate bass music that certain systems can’t get.

For instance Hennessy Sound is really popular in the states right now. It can drop lower than most other systems, it’s bass bins/horns are very impressive. But while it can drop low as fuck and put it out there, the intricacy of this system is lacking. I can’t stand good Neuro/DnB/Psychedelic type stuff on it cuz it just mushes together, fucking sucks.

But ya man I’ll definitely check those out, see if maybe one day I can actually afford them lol.

-GC

Much appreciated man I’ll give those a look!! I’m hoping in the next couple years I finally get up the money to buy a small rig. Something I could throw a fun little banger with..

I know what you mean on sound. The festivals I go to are pretty much entirely centered around that. If you’ve ever heard of “Big Sound Culture” then you may know. When I look at a lineup part of the advertising point should be their rigs, if they don’t say anything usually that’s a bad sign it’ll be some garbage. The festivals I go to are also a drop in the bucket compared to something like Ozzfest, I like having like 20-30ppl in front of whatever stage I’m at lol.

Overall the two systems I enjoy the most are Voids and Funktion 1. I’ve had more fun than I can ever think of having in front of F1s. I’ve heard they can be finicky for a poor sound guy, I think it has to do with size. I notice a large F1 rig, especially the older models, tend to get muddy the bigger they get. A smaller setup seems to hit so nice on my eardrum, F1s have this almost tribal feeling they give to the music.

Voids are fucking ill too, they seem to capture the essence of the music a bit better with overall a more industrial feel to it. That said they don’t accentuate certain aspects of the music the way F1s seem to. Lately though the Voids have been coming out on top. The sheer power alone is something to behold. Last year they had 4 bass bins on each side, one speak for mids and the horn for highs (which look so cool btw). For how small it was, it flexed hard.

Yea I’m all about the sheer power of the bass, but I also like highly intricate bass music that certain systems can’t get.

For instance Hennessy Sound is really popular in the states right now. It can drop lower than most other systems, it’s bass bins/horns are very impressive. But while it can drop low as fuck and put it out there, the intricacy of this system is lacking. I can’t stand good Neuro/DnB/Psychedelic type stuff on it cuz it just mushes together, fucking sucks.

But ya man I’ll definitely check those out, see if maybe one day I can actually afford them lol.

-GC
Alright well clearly you know a whole pile more than I do about this shit. Nice.

Oddly enough and over the years I've come to realize that for home some of this ultra expensive and fancy home theater shit isn't necessarily the best when it comes to sound (music in particular). Sometimes the Dolby or DTS tracks sound is lacking than good 'ol stereo. Each to their own I guess. But then I'm just not one of those that needs to hear every pin drop in a movie and couldn't give a shit when it comes to realism e.g. gunshots going right through you.

The other little discovery I made with those PAs is that bass is better if it's mono and centered. There's a tendency to set that shit up so that you got everything split. It loses punch at the bottom end.

Also had months worth of debate on the topic of bass. I'm of the school that just because we cannot hear below 20Hz doesn't mean we cannot feel it. Those bins are still moving and pushing air at below 20Hz.

Last edited:
I love my fucking life. Told myself when I showed up here I was on the hunt for a gram of K and a gram of MDA.

<3

Please tell me I'm the reason you were gagging for some MDA this October. =D

And please PM me what happened. x

<3

Please tell me I'm the reason you were gagging for some MDA this October. =D

And please PM me what happened. x

It was definitely a motivator :) I actually ran out of my last batch I think a year or so ago too, so when I saw you talking it up I realized it’s been too long!

Took me a good couple hours to find it but I’m glad I kept looking. I was testing everyone’s gear even if they thought it was MDMA just to see if maybe they were wrong but kept finding nothing but beautiful MDMA shards (bummer right? lol). Then a dude came through and he was one of those one stop shop types, started listing off substance after substance until I interrupted him.. “MDA?” Without saying a word he starts rummaging around in his pack and pulls out a single gram he had been saving for quite awhile. It was fate.

Actually man I just ate some a couple weeks back mixed with MDMA and Mescaline and that was exactly what the doctor ordered. MDA is essential. MDA has this way of solidifying positivity in every day life more than MDMA. I remember when MDA used to be really common just how strong the love was both “on and off” entire friend groups were born over this stuff.

I’ll definitely be looking for more next summer. Sadly my festival probably has to move again though, we’re too much of druggies apparently to be accepted anywhere lol. This last time the cops got super pissed cuz they caught a girl with a large amount of blow in her hand selling it off. How hard is it to take that to a tent for 5 seconds?

-GC

Only been to a couple rock-themed local festivals and never the type where you camp out and spend the weekend there. Hoping to go to some cool festivals in 2023 and maybe this year as well. Electric Forest, Lollapalooza, and Burning Man (ideally would join a camp and contribute some stuff since it isn't a traditional touristy festival) are all on my bucket list.

Only been to a couple rock-themed local festivals and never the type where you camp out and spend the weekend there. Hoping to go to some cool festivals in 2023 and maybe this year as well. Electric Forest, Lollapalooza, and Burning Man (ideally would join a camp and contribute some stuff since it isn't a traditional touristy festival) are all on my bucket list.

Are you Midwest? It sounds like maybe based on the festival selection. If you are, there’s tons of small festivals in the Midwest and dipping south a bit into the Bible Belt as well.

-GC

Are you Midwest? It sounds like maybe based on the festival selection. If you are, there’s tons of small festivals in the Midwest and dipping south a bit into the Bible Belt as well.

-GC
I'm Canadian. Midwest and Bible Belt is unfortunately a decent drive, and getting across the border would presumably not be easy right now.

I'm Canadian. Midwest and Bible Belt is unfortunately a decent drive, and getting across the border would presumably not be easy right now.

Ahh I gotchya, well if I was you man and it ain’t too far, Shambhala. I’d have gone myself but like you, crossing the border doesn’t sound appealing to me. I know they have at least one stage with Funktion1 sound, which you have to stand in front of F1 rig at least once in your life lol. Your soul will transcend.

Burning Man is obviously a classic, I’ve never been but have enough friends go to tell me what I have and haven’t missed. I like the idea of all these somewhat rogue stages, some of them on wheels moving, with every sound system under the sun. The unfortunate thing is, like Coachella, you got Hollywood showing up for a couple of days in their fancy clothes to do photo shoots and act like they went to the festival.

E Forest is pretty decent but still fairly commercialized as it’s just another Insomniac production. Expect to fight tooth and nail for your camping spot soon as you get out of the car, makes for bad vibes immediately in my opinion compared to a camp wherever you want situation. I’ve also had not great run ins with grungy Detroit people there trying to sell bunk.

Lolla, don’t even bother truly. You’ll be shoulder to shoulder with 12yr olds and 40yr olds trying to relive their youth. You may fight one if your lucky. Not really the festival it started as, and Chicago has long lost its name as Ecstasy Capital of the US.

As you can probably tell I like the small festival setup. You show up, probably don’t even get searched. (No long lines as everyone’s cars get ransacked.) Go find a place to camp next to your friends instead of a forced spot. Actually be able to get up near the system and dance without constantly having people push into you or try to get themselves closer by taking your spot. Oh and the drugs are always top notch cuz no one can run off and hide in a crowd of thousands.

Shambhala is the biggest festival I’ve heard of that still holds onto its small festival vibe and tradition.

-GC