• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Music festival thread! When and where?

Yo brother if you come out to the upper Midwest I got some shit for you. Got one in a month that is absolute insanity. PM if you can swing it :)

We do things differently out here, I think you’d like it..

-GC
Highly dependent if my license reinstatement goes smoothly but thanks brother I will definitely keep this in mind and probably hit you up.

big John mayor fan, dead and company I have seen live a dozen times
I've seen Weezer and third eye blind but would def go again. Would love to see Alanis, slightly Stoopid, and incubus

Started my packing list for EDC.

I am really looking forward to it. The music, the people, the camping -- even the complimentary wakeup service from the pilots at Nellis AFB next door. It's just a great weekend.

I usually aim for the quiet end of camp. If you spot this, come say hi.
ioAG29Q.jpg

Had the privilege of meeting two of my favorite BLers and their friend the other night, I hosted @xtcgrrrl and @Burnt Offerings (for the second time) at my house for a few hours prior to their first day before Glow Fest in DC. They were as kind, generous, and loving as they act on BL, and it was all good vibes. I was blessed with a red Tesla E-pill, and an indeterminate amount of Tina, but realistically only a couple good sized lines. But they sure have kept me humming.

That was one of the most cathartic rolls I've ever had, solo dolo in my bedroom, mostly expressing things that needed to be expressed to some important people in my life, and I think I got an acceptable response in my perception. Idk, for the first time in a while I feel like I'm really growing past some of the toxic behaviors I engaged in for years growing up, particularly in relationships. The grief over losing my gf to an OD recently feels at least temporarily lifted, and I now just cherish the fact that I got to know for as long as we did and we loved as hard as we did.

I feel like now I've faced enough trauma that I'm comfortably numb to whatever life throws at me, so I just wanna have fun and make the most of it. My insecurities have lifted, as well as some depression.

And here's the kicker!!! There's an after-party nearby where a few djs will be spinning til mad early, and I got myself almost two gs of some decent blow to carry my tired ass through the night and have a good old fashioned raging shit kicker (haven't slept in two nights)

Did anyone else go to EDC this year? I have mixed opinions on the experience. Really enjoyed two sets in a row that were well matched: Boris Brejcha followed by Tiesto. I danced my ass off.

Did anyone else go to EDC this year? I have mixed opinions on the experience. Really enjoyed two sets in a row that were well matched: Boris Brejcha followed by Tiesto. I danced my ass off.

Na but if you’re an old schooler I could see it not being your thing. EDC is kinda one of those that people go to just so they can say they went to EDC. Like Coachella or Burning Man.. Not that you won’t find amazing people there but it ain’t like the old days.

Just got back from mine which was last weekend. Best festival I’ve been to in AGES. No joke the vibes were right where they needed to be. All the international artists were soaking it up and could tell there was almost a sense of shock the energy was palpable. This is why this festival for being so small is internationally renowned, we got artists that headline major festivals come here just to have a good time.

Had one of the craziest silent disco experiences of my life too. They brought the decks down into the crowd boiler room style and it was fucking wild. I was getting concerned for the decks at a certain point lol.

Every time I think I’m out, they pull me back in.

-GC

Na but if you’re an old schooler I could see it not being your thing. EDC is kinda one of those that people go to just so they can say they went to EDC. Like Coachella or Burning Man.. Not that you won’t find amazing people there but it ain’t like the old days.

Just got back from mine which was last weekend. Best festival I’ve been to in AGES. No joke the vibes were right where they needed to be. All the international artists were soaking it up and could tell there was almost a sense of shock the energy was palpable. This is why this festival for being so small is internationally renowned, we got artists that headline major festivals come here just to have a good time.

Had one of the craziest silent disco experiences of my life too. They brought the decks down into the crowd boiler room style and it was fucking wild. I was getting concerned for the decks at a certain point lol.

Every time I think I’m out, they pull me back in.

-GC
As an older guy, do you bring you wife and what festivals do you go to? Im a old school guy with grateful dead and that type of jam bands... do you have any recommendations for this summer on the west coast of the US or maybe even the east coast if the bands were good enough, like maybe dead and company etc

As an older guy, do you bring you wife and what festivals do you go to? Im a old school guy with grateful dead and that type of jam bands... do you have any recommendations for this summer on the west coast of the US or maybe even the east coast if the bands were good enough, like maybe dead and company etc

Actually going through a divorce right now but for many years yup me and her went to every event she could go to.. I wouldn’t have it any other way unless I met someone that really didn’t want to go.

Unfortunately I’m way out of the loop on really good jam band events. We have some local ones around here but @ions is probably the best one to answer that question.

I’m all about fresh new experimental bass music. Around my area of the Midwest we have a ton of amazing small festivals that cater to that sound.

-GC

Dead and company play oracle park in san francisco on 14,15,16 of july on their farewell tour. I wouldn't pay to see bobby weir and john mayer. not a fan.

find a grateful dead cover band or tribute band. those are your best bets.

I already have my tickets for 2024 as of a couple minutes ago. I don't know of another EDM fest with that kind of lineup. It's like a huge menu with everything looking tasty.

Yeah, there has been a lot of conversation about the changing vibe and participation at EDC. The trance lineup took a big hit this year; the Slander crown was absolutely massive, spilling out of Kinetic Field and filling a lot of the open area outside the entry. Generally PLUR is widely visible but there's always room for more, especially with newer attendees. I saw a couple drunken assholes, one with an entourage of snarky, snarly thots. Coachella is that way, my friends ----->

Still, the crowd at Quantum Valley was absolutely stellar, as always. Dancing with other people, the engagement, the PLUR, the energy -- super.

I skipped I Hate Models -- my wife isn't a techno fan, and we're there together. Plenty of things we both like.

As much as I respect EDM and all of the techno crowd. It too fast paced for me, and im more of a relaxed chilled out guy. So, I look for festivals of that nature, more Woodstock like then wild colors and bass etc. Although I do find some techno nice to life to or run to.

Oh same man. Electronic music is far away from the days of just techno and house. There’s electronic music in many genres.

Here’s some examples of the shit I’m onto..

I was actually at this one -

This next one being more recent - (wave is heaven)

-GC

Last edited:
Then you got murky swamp beats and the straight heat. (As the kids would say..)

And more DMT friendly shit..

-GC

Dead and company play oracle park in san francisco on 14,15,16 of july on their farewell tour. I wouldn't pay to see bobby weir and john mayer. not a fan.

find a grateful dead cover band or tribute band. those are your best bets.
Dark star orchestra is amazing I've seen them numerous times now. Back when Allgood was around, I saw them play at a local venue too they were great.

Oh same man. Electronic music is far away from the days of just techno and house. There’s electronic music in many genres.

Here’s some examples of the shit I’m onto..

I was actually at this one -

This next one being more recent - (wave is heaven)

-GC

I love me some weird dirty dub edm shiz too, although that first one sounds filthy as shit. There are some clubs in DC that I hit when I can. I've seen a fair amount of artists there.