• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

My 29 Year Old First Time Edible Experience

soapdropper

Bluelighter
Thanks for all the advice in my previous thread!

I ultimately asked the dispensary what they suggest and I purchased these:
6UZq7pF.png

The advice I received was to take half of a gummy edible and wait an hour and see if I feel anything. I did that, waited the hour and felt nothing, so I take the other half, and within 30 minutes the first half kicks in and I'm pretty much floored. I ended up in my bedroom watching bugs life and laughing like a maniac at this movie I've seen dozens of times and watching other Disney movies the rest of the night (also for dinner I had cold leftover nachos). The high lasted from 1 pm Saturday - 3pm Sunday. I was pretty much high for 24 hours and thank goodness I had no plans for the next day.

My current conundrum is I would like to try this again, but the only issue is I usually have to work the next day or some other responsibility. I was going to try 1/4 of a gummy but am worried that's still too much. What do you guys think? I wanted to take some tonight because it actually helped me sleep without any sleeping medication I usually take. Maybe I should take 1/8? Let me know if you any of you are experienced with this and how much you'd take for the your second dose if you had to work the next morning.

P.s - It has been a few days since I took it, first attempt was on Saturday, and I might try it Tuesday or Wednesday night if I'm brave enough. It will be my second time doing this, and I have about 9(10mg edibles) left in the box I purchased. Thanks for reading.

I'd go for maybe 1/6th or so.

Well good thing you didn't flip out. 10mg of THC edibles messes me up too. One of the few drugs i have a permanently low tolerance for (especially the edibles). I can handle smoked marijuana far easier than edible.

Thanks for all the advice in my previous thread!

I ultimately asked the dispensary what they suggest and I purchased these:
6UZq7pF.png

The advice I received was to take half of a gummy edible and wait an hour and see if I feel anything. I did that, waited the hour and felt nothing, so I take the other half, and within 30 minutes the first half kicks in and I'm pretty much floored. I ended up in my bedroom watching bugs life and laughing like a maniac at this movie I've seen dozens of times and watching other Disney movies the rest of the night (also for dinner I had cold leftover nachos). The high lasted from 1 pm Saturday - 3pm Sunday. I was pretty much high for 24 hours and thank goodness I had no plans for the next day.

My current conundrum is I would like to try this again, but the only issue is I usually have to work the next day or some other responsibility. I was going to try 1/4 of a gummy but am worried that's still too much. What do you guys think? I wanted to take some tonight because it actually helped me sleep without any sleeping medication I usually take. Maybe I should take 1/8? Let me know if you any of you are experienced with this and how much you'd take for the your second dose if you had to work the next morning.

P.s - It has been a few days since I took it, first attempt was on Saturday, and I might try it Tuesday or Wednesday night if I'm brave enough. It will be my second time doing this, and I have about 9(10mg edibles) left in the box I purchased. Thanks for reading.
Congratulations on your edible experience
since you have no tolerance you should microdose thc and redose after 2 hours if it’s not enough, then wait 2 more hours and repeat. Start at the lowest dose possible

Your thc receptors are fresh so Use really small doses

Last edited:
I'd go for maybe 1/6th or so.

Well good thing you didn't flip out. 10mg of THC edibles messes me up too. One of the few drugs i have a permanently low tolerance for (especially the edibles). I can handle smoked marijuana far easier than edible.
I honestly did flip, but kept telling myself to calm down and I'm okay, after the first hour or two everything got much better, but it was hellish at first lol

That is awesome @soapdropper, A Bugs Life is classic and some great actors voicing those characters. Maybe that particular high wasn't suited for creative fuel like you possibly intended. I definitely agree with @harbivores, only they are called CB receptors and you've activated your endocannabinoid system from a beautiful ancient plant that has evolved for our vessels. There is a whole world of cannabis to explore now that you have unlocked a relatively dormant portion of your body systems. I recommend you do your research on CBD and find something that works for you. It may counter the effects of THC, and in my experience it does. One benefit is the calming effect may reduce anxiety created from over dosing THC (yes this is possible, not it is not a myth). Another suggestion is start your scientific research by navigating to Duck Duck Go and searching "Cannabinoid Receptors and the Endocannabinoid System". Click the first link at the top and read if your heart desires.

Without seeing the rest of the packaging I'm only speculating that they might be distilled cannabis extract oil and might be inconsistently dosed. That might happen because the potency level of oil used is low and you may be getting a lower percentage of dosage per mg from one gummy compared to another. I've heard lots of stories of first time gummy edible users where the first couple did nothing and the second or third one activated their system to feel the effects of it all. Or the first one took them straight to the moon but the rest of the bag did nothing. I'm not sure what shape they are but you could possibly cut them in half or quarters and dose them every 2 hours like @harbivores said. If they're still pretty potent then maybe they're individually dosed, they use potent oil, or they use a water soluble formulation which has the viscosity of water or thinner and mixes nicely with anything.

Either way, be safe with them you don't want to build a tolerance too much. Edibles are usually the last thing you want to try for a first time user. Most of the time trying a small bowl of flower or a few puffs of joint is great. Moving onward to smoking a full joint to yourself. Then trying infused pre-rolls with extract oil, a few puffs at a time and eventually one to yourself. Then moving up to trying a dab, and I mean a dab the size of this -> (). Of some type of extract that is preferably labeled as nug-run concentrate (crumble, badder, sugar, sauce, etc,) anything that is not an isolate (pure thc or thca). Extracts are a whole other world that accelerates daily. Come see me if you do end up dabbing, I'll answer whatever questions you've got, I promise.

~Friendly Neighborhood Stoner

to get more control of the length of the experience use watersoluble THC products. eg. within 20 minutes to 1/2 hour for full on effect.
and they last less long, maybe 12 hours. so unless you take them in the evening, the next morning has no hangover. Taken mid day, they are over by midnight,

Among the legal products in Canada, I recommend XMG drops (20 drops is 10mg), Yawn drops (the same kind of thing), kin stips are gels. And Emprise nano Hypernova is strongest (6 drops is 10mg).

they do make you a bit sleepy though.

It’s been an hour since I ate a 5mg gumdrop. That gets me goin and smoking 2-3 puffs on a pipe hours later. 10mg edible here is a bit much. But I’m not in ak much longer.

That is awesome @soapdropper, A Bugs Life is classic and some great actors voicing those characters. Maybe that particular high wasn't suited for creative fuel like you possibly intended. I definitely agree with @harbivores, only they are called CB receptors and you've activated your endocannabinoid system from a beautiful ancient plant that has evolved for our vessels. There is a whole world of cannabis to explore now that you have unlocked a relatively dormant portion of your body systems. I recommend you do your research on CBD and find something that works for you. It may counter the effects of THC, and in my experience it does. One benefit is the calming effect may reduce anxiety created from over dosing THC (yes this is possible, not it is not a myth). Another suggestion is start your scientific research by navigating to Duck Duck Go and searching "Cannabinoid Receptors and the Endocannabinoid System". Click the first link at the top and read if your heart desires.

Without seeing the rest of the packaging I'm only speculating that they might be distilled cannabis extract oil and might be inconsistently dosed. That might happen because the potency level of oil used is low and you may be getting a lower percentage of dosage per mg from one gummy compared to another. I've heard lots of stories of first time gummy edible users where the first couple did nothing and the second or third one activated their system to feel the effects of it all. Or the first one took them straight to the moon but the rest of the bag did nothing. I'm not sure what shape they are but you could possibly cut them in half or quarters and dose them every 2 hours like @harbivores said. If they're still pretty potent then maybe they're individually dosed, they use potent oil, or they use a water soluble formulation which has the viscosity of water or thinner and mixes nicely with anything.

Either way, be safe with them you don't want to build a tolerance too much. Edibles are usually the last thing you want to try for a first time user. Most of the time trying a small bowl of flower or a few puffs of joint is great. Moving onward to smoking a full joint to yourself. Then trying infused pre-rolls with extract oil, a few puffs at a time and eventually one to yourself. Then moving up to trying a dab, and I mean a dab the size of this -> (). Of some type of extract that is preferably labeled as nug-run concentrate (crumble, badder, sugar, sauce, etc,) anything that is not an isolate (pure thc or thca). Extracts are a whole other world that accelerates daily. Come see me if you do end up dabbing, I'll answer whatever questions you've got, I promise.

~Friendly Neighborhood Stoner
Thanks for the reply, here is the back and the gummy if you want to look into it some more:
(I think I will try to cut it into 4 or 6 pieces and try 1 of them at a time)

JOdh88N.png

@soapdropper Those look delicious. In Canada we’re limited to 10 mg per individually wrapped package. If you want to try microdosing, the water soluble products that @pupnik mentions are the way to go. They hit quicker, so there’s no sneaking up on you and you can accurately dose +/- 0.5 mg. And if you like sports drinks/any kimd of soda they work awesome. And in coffee, etc

I would love to get a 10x10mg package.

Tom

@soapdropper Those look delicious. In Canada we’re limited to 10 mg per individually wrapped package. If you want to try microdosing, the water soluble products that @pupnik mentions are the way to go. They hit quicker, so there’s no sneaking up on you and you can accurately dose +/- 0.5 mg. And if you like sports drinks/any kimd of soda they work awesome. And in coffee, etc

I would love to get a 10x10mg package.

Tom
They are very delicious, and it's the same over here in Washington state, 10mg per edible and can only sell 100mg per package.

Edibles in Canada are not supposed to be appealing to kids. Health Canada is loosening some restrictions; flavours for example. They used to be limited to weird stuff like Yuzu fruit, Acai, Dragonfruit. Now you can get normal flavours.

We could get those blue raspberry gummies, a 10 pk - but they would be limited to 1mg per gummy.

I'd love to get some of the fireball whiskey cinnamon gummies.

Tom

I honestly did flip, but kept telling myself to calm down and I'm okay, after the first hour or two everything got much better, but it was hellish at first lol
At least you didn't polish off 2 entire hash brownies in one go like I did XD (I ate them not being aware they were 'special' ones).
I dunno how much exactly was in those, but I got sick as fuck and was hallucinating shit. Took me quite a while after that to approach anything cannabis - related ;)

Canada has the same policies on edibles and cannabis packaging as most US states. Some states allow edibles to be as high as 800mg per package like Montana. Or some states have crazy regulations like not being able to use edibles for recreational use and for medical use you have to make your own edibles from flower, like in Pennsylvania. (I personally think that's a horrible and potentially dangerous idea).

Way to go man whoa makes me wonder what I was doing my first times
.. I was later informed by the same people who should've bloody informed me BEFOREHAND about the nature of those brownies, that a novice should have had only a quarter slice of one 😏