• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin My journal of quitting heroin

Hi everyone, I decided I will quit heroin, and I am going to make a journal of my attempt here.

This forum has really helped and I would appreciate any support you people can show me while I am going through this.

Later today I will post all the details of how I plan to taper etc. I will be updating this thread daily.

Any support and advice fellow forum users can give me is more than welcome. Thank you everybody, please wish me good luck and pray for me :D
I have a question, why do you wanna quit, because, nothing personal but every addict says it and wants it.

Just stumbled across this thread and saw that we haven't heard from you in a while, @menidiatis. Hope you are doing well and that your attempt to quit was successful/is continuing. If not, try not to be too hard on yourself about it. What matters most is that you've been making a serious effort to quit.
If you relapsed and 'fell off the path', the best thing you can do is to just get back on the right path (in this case, tapering heroin) immediately/as soon as possible.
What matters right now is a consistency; A consistent effort to minimize your usage and break past patterns of opioid use. Even if you fail, and even though it is (presumably) incredibly difficult, you just need to get back up and keep trying every time you miss a day of tapering.

Hope your new year is going well and hope this helps a bit,
arrall

Just stumbled across this thread and saw that we haven't heard from you in a while, @menidiatis. Hope you are doing well and that your attempt to quit was successful/is continuing. If not, try not to be too hard on yourself about it. What matters most is that you've been making a serious effort to quit.
If you relapsed and 'fell off the path', the best thing you can do is to just get back on the right path (in this case, tapering heroin) immediately/as soon as possible.
What matters right now is a consistency; A consistent effort to minimize your usage and break past patterns of opioid use. Even if you fail, and even though it is (presumably) incredibly difficult, you just need to get back up and keep trying every time you miss a day of tapering.

Hope your new year is going well and hope this helps a bit,
arrall
Unfortunately I completely screwed up, I just continued using thinking that it is no big deal, until I went through my first WDs (and mind you it was only 15 hours that I did not use, I have not even gone deep into WDs and I don't even wanna think about having this happen to me) and at that moment I realized what I have done to myself.

My plan now is to get on methadone program when I return to NL in a few days. The anxiety that something might happen, whether that is not having money or just an H drought happening, and having no opiates to take and going through WDs is so big that it almost cripples me in my daily functioning. So I want to at least know that I have a steady supply of opiates, I don't even care anymore about getting high, I just don't want to go through WDs.

I don't think I am ready to quit yet. My life is in shumbles and opiates certainly help me cope, so for the next couple years I would like to do some maintenance with methadone, and then eventually taper it and quit.

I have a question, why do you wanna quit, because, nothing personal but every addict says it and wants it.
I don't know, do you use yourself? If you do, I am pretty sure you know why, if you don't it is really hard to explain, it's just that eventually it is not fun anymore, you are just a prisoner of the drug.

Yes I used heroine myself, I am on methadon now, but if you're a prisoner of the drug yeah that's about it, quit while you can, you might feel weird for a year, I've been clean for 5 years the toughest time in my life, for me I have youth-trauma's that I still have to deal with, search yourself and ask yourself why you use, I wish you all the best, MJR

Yes I used heroine myself, I am on methadon now, but if you're a prisoner of the drug yeah that's about it, quit while you can, you might feel weird for a year, I've been clean for 5 years the toughest time in my life, for me I have youth-trauma's that I still have to deal with, search yourself and ask yourself why you use, I wish you all the best, MJR
Thank you so much friend, wish you all the best as well!!