• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My Very First Post - COVID-19

Iceman1216

Bluelighter
Hello all, I have been here a year, and find this sight to be wonderfully informative, and enjoyable as well ( we are not a Glum lot :LOL:)! I did not know what my first personal post would be, but here it is. Please everyone including young people take this Virus very seriously, it can be just as bad as an OD!! I have just lost my father in-law to COVID-19, a strong and active 80 year old. He walked 5 miles last week, and has passed in 10 days of getting this disease !!! He has no other complication, except that he worked with the elderly at the local food bank to help with distribution. I feel that this virus is Cumulative, the more exposure the worst it gets?? The regular Flu is 100% strength from onset, this beast seems to increase with additional exposure?? So please people stay smart, Safe,and Healthy, we all are depending on it!!
The can not even see or retrieve his body till it is cremated, and who know when we will be able to have a service??

I'm sorry to hear about your loss this is a very Insidious disease and I hear that it takes just half a second of being within 1 meter of somebody who isn't even experiencing symptoms to get it.

I've heard other things such as people unable to trace the contact of the original Source in rural communities and that makes me think there's probably mosquito bird or Surface disease vectors that people are not considering it's also possible that the non-symptomatic positive status may be longer than 14 days.

It's quite tragic because I've seen videos of elderly people who are a lot braver than people younger than them who do not wish for their daily lives to change because they've lived a great life and don't fear dying and they're quite happy when they say this and it always makes me sad because I'm right there too but I fear for their well-being especially when people are that good at heart.

I've been doing everything I can to self quarantine and I hope the community does their part no matter where you are on planet Earth right now to help prevent this disease from spreading to other people's family members who are more likely to die of this disease than I am.

If you feel compelled to hang out with other people minimize how many people you hang out with stay in touch with them make sure everybody you've been hanging out with isn't experiencing symptoms and if you plan on seeing any elderly family members self quarantine for at least 2 weeks and keep in mind the hand washing and disinfection protocols.

My worst fear isn't that I'll die of covid-19. I may accidentally non-symptomatically spread it within the community leading to other people's deaths.

And because there's no real way to know the overall impact I would feel very guilty and I do hope everybody is staying safe staying smart and staying in contact with the people they've been hanging out with and plan to hang out with.

My more successful role model family members of mine who have passed away prior to this outbreak always donated to food banks as well. I'm sure that your father was an amazing person and I'm hoping that you had a great time knowing them in their 80 years and I hope they lived their life to the fullest and got to do everything they wanted to in life.

Specifically I hope that they weren't in a lot of pain towards the end or we're in any distress because I know that can be very hard to deal with in a grief situation. <3

I feel that this virus is Cumulative, the more exposure the worst it gets??

Sorry for your loss mate.

From what I know, what you're thinking of probably relates to viral load. This means that people who are exposed to higher levels of the virus have more severe outcomes.

For example, if an infected person were to cough in your face you'd be infected with a higher viral load than if that person coughed beside you in a lift. I mean that's a really crude way of explaining it, but I hope you know what I mean.

What's got me tripping (I mean I'm not actually overly anxious or anything) is not the fatality rate but the incidence of long-term lung tissue damage caused by this piece of shit virus.

Dying is one thing, living with reduced lung capacity for the rest of your life which would quite possibly leave you more susceptible to worse outcomes in cases of future respiratory infection is another story altogether.

The young, as you say, are not immune.

I just quite smoking 6 months ago....I'll be fucked if I feel like ending up with lung tissue damage caused by bat soup.

Sorry for your loss mate.

From what I know, what you're thinking of probably relates to viral load. This means that people who are exposed to higher levels of the virus have more severe outcomes.

For example, if an infected person were to cough in your face you'd be infected with a higher viral load than if that person coughed beside you in a lift. I mean that's a really crude way of explaining it, but I hope you know what I mean.

What's got me tripping (I mean I'm not actually overly anxious or anything) is not the fatality rate but the incidence of long-term lung tissue damage caused by this piece of shit virus.

Dying is one thing, living with reduced lung capacity for the rest of your life which would quite possibly leave you more susceptible to worse outcomes in cases of future respiratory infection is another story altogether.

The young, as you say, are not immune.

I just quite smoking 6 months ago....I'll be fucked if I feel like ending up with lung tissue damage caused by bat soup.
Oh that's just something you're saying I'm not trying to be glib but so many millions of people live in convoluted overcrowded overpopulated cities with terrible air quality the worst ones are all in China.

Los Angeles has air quality that is like 4 cigarettes a day.

People know driving gasoline consuming vehicles and even fully electric vehicles contributes to air pollution. The brake pedals every car uses turns into ultra fine particulate matter which is extremely bad for your lungs.

You're going to have an impacted lung capability slowly over time no matter what.

My lung capacity seems fine but I do use marijuana concentrates and smoke marijuana.