⫸STICKY⫷ "name changes: a one time perk for a $25 donation" thread

This question has been asked countless times, and the answer has been and will continue to be the same.

Here is a variation of the answer to this same question:

We also do not change names for Bluelighters. Staff/crew members are allowed one name change.

=======================

UPDATE per the a 'thank you' perk for donators - account name change

I donated to MAPS through the Bluelight link in order to get my 1 name change (and support the cause), but I never got the email that you said they send afterwards that I'm supposed to forward to you guys with the new name that I want? Does it take a really long time to receive the email or something? What should I do? I really want my name changed. Thank you.

I donated to MAPS through the Bluelight link in order to get my 1 name change

From the Announcement and OP of this thread:

UPDATE per the a 'thank you' perk for donators - account name change

following the launch of the donations portal (see: Introducing Bluelight's Donations Portal!), we're pleased to announce that those donating to bluelight now receive a one-time account name change as a thank you.

if you would like to take advantage of this perk, simply forward the receipt email you receive from maps to [email protected], along with the new name you are requesting. the abandoned accounts policy (see: change to the terms of the blua: abandoned accounts) will apply.

there's no donation minimum - donate what you can afford - but we think $25 seems about right.

The process is not that we send YOU an email, but that YOU email the ADMIN a copy of the receipt (how else do we know which account the donation goes towards?). I checked the admin email and don't see any such emails to us.

From the Announcement and OP of this thread:

The process is not that we send YOU an email, but that YOU email the ADMIN a copy of the receipt (how else do we know which account the donation goes towards?). I checked the admin email and don't see any such emails to us.

No, I get that. The post said to email the Donation Receipt email from Maps to you guys, that I was supposed to get after donating to them. Never got the receipt email from MAPS after I donated to them though so I'm unsure what to do now. Do I email MAPS somehow and ask for a receipt? It's been hours and I still haven't gotten the receipt email.

Well, fear not, we'll get this sorted. Please give me a bit o'time to check a few things, please.

For sure, thank you! I have a screen shot of the screen that popped up after I donated thanking me for my donation if that might help?

^welcome to email that to our gmail and your name change request and we should be able to sort this :) email in my sig.

^welcome to email that to our gmail and your name change request and we should be able to sort this :) email in my sig.

Thank you very much! I just emailed it to you. I appreciate it dude, sorry for the inconvenience. I'll think longer before I make a permanent decision next time lol, this damn Gabapentin has me so impulsive and stupid.

I need to make a donation apparently. My name is absurd, I know. Sorry. Also the formatting makes it even worse. I think I was drinking when I signed up. I'm not new to the forum. I want to get my shit in order here though.

Perhaps I can endure this absurdity for the time being.

Don't worry man, mine makes the board want to throw me under a fast moving train; obv I'm really cautious on BL meetups

I've said before, I think it's an awesome name. I just saw the typo, I guess to shorten it? Still, I love it. Up to you, though. Honestly, though, people often end up going by nicknames most days. For example, I'm simply TLB; you could be Prof or ProfH (don't go for PHD, there's some bad juju on that one around here); and leet goes by leet. Whatever works for you.

MEGA "we do not delete accounts" thread

It truly sucks that it takes so much effort to ditch Bluelight. I think there is tons of useful information here, it's a valuable resource, but I'm sick of people making you say things I did not say. Of people shutting down threads with one arbitrary click. Leaving you wondering just what you d or were trying to say in the first place.

One time I asked a question and was actually told by a mod to "Go google it"... What's the point of being in a forum if I'm told to go find my own answers?

But I did heed that advice. I always do my own research now and I actually think I'm able to get better answers on my own, ones that are more well rounded, have more complexity. And I don't need to tailor my curiosity to suit the standards of others. It's happened one too many times that I was made to feel that I was saying something pointless or illicit. Pursuing that noble need of this forum to be about "harm reduction," it ignores potentially valuable content. You often get "We can't possibly answer that, there's no point in discussing that!" when yes, maybe there is a relevant discussion there even if there are some caveats.

Anyway, as indicated by the FAQS, I sent a PM to a Mod asking kindly to assist me in deleting some of my posts in threads that are closed or archived.... I did not receive a reply. Let me know if there is an Admin or someone else who can help me. Again, I'm asking nicely.

I feel ya... not all the Moderators are that bad though some good ones here.

I need to make a donation apparently. My name is absurd, I know. Sorry. Also the formatting makes it even worse. I think I was drinking when I signed up. I'm not new to the forum. I want to get my shit in order here though.

Your name is pretty groovy tbh.

In contrast, my name is internationally-banned toxic pollution. Go me!