• Current Events, Politics & Science
    Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • Current Events & Politics Moderators: Nurse Ratched | Cheshire_Kat

Media Need help finding the official name for a media manipulation.

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
its not disinformation or misinformation.. but a media technique in which legitimate true news is purposely presented along side nonsense or highly questionable content, often in a discrediting manor.. awful font, terrible website.. in order to taint and discredit the true targeted concept to the land of conspiracy etc or worse.

Anybody know the "official name" for this manipulative media technique?

Robi

Bluelighter
im a stable vagenius, wish i could recall, not the martha mitchell effect, i will get back to you, its on the tip of my tongue

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
They were once referred to as Spin Masters. Always known as a very dishonourable profession. One of the worst known to humankind.

Snafu in the Void

Sr. Moderator: BDD, NMI, DC
Staff member
its not disinformation or misinformation.. but a media technique in which legitimate true news is purposely presented along side nonsense or highly questionable content, often in a discrediting manor.. awful font, terrible website.. in order to taint and discredit the true targeted concept to the land of conspiracy etc or worse.

Anybody know the "official name" for this manipulative media technique?

that's a technique used in false consciousness

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
Creating doubt without actually proving your claim usually gets powerful people out of otherwise illegal action's.

There are all kinda manipulative way's to do this. This was even part of my Dutch teacher's spearpoint's' recognizing manipulation. Obviously that was not in the official protocol about what should be teached, or in the final exam. But he found it very important.

That were some good teacher's on that school. They also had a table football in the basement and any school disco the teachers and principal got 'really'drunk while we were stoners.

jane douloureux

Bluelighter
If you don’t see that all news is equally manipulative, bc it’s all owned by the same four
You are not barred from getting your news outside of the us
this is another trumper MAGA statement that confuses the shit out of me

you go from country to country and look at everyone’s news esp countries like India that take an anti west sentiment you gather all the information and you see the themes

you don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

your acting like youre stuck with 4 news stations and don’t have independent news sources outside of the states

like your not

I don’t feel sorry for you with the internet at your fingertips that you just have news owned by the same four

thats being lazy

oh I forgot to say media manipulation is called propaganda
aka human nature

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
well said @jane douloureux

it's easier to assume somebody only gets their news from mainstream media and accuse them of being an unthinking liberal sheep - or whatever - than it is to engage with somebody civilly and discuss issues on their merits.

i've been told, so many times, that the news i'm reading is biased and manipulating me when those accusing me don't even know where i get my news...

alasdair

jane douloureux

Bluelighter
well said @jane douloureux

it's easier to assume somebody only gets their news from mainstream media and accuse them of being an unthinking liberal sheep - or whatever - than it is to engage with somebody civilly and discuss issues on their merits.

i've been told, so many times, that the news i'm reading is biased and manipulating me when those accusing me don't even know where i get my news...

alasdair
They make a lot of assumptions with zero information. A lot is projection and a lot is programming this is what you say to the libs!
its interesting because with anarchists, centrists or more left or libertarian people you get all these different reactions and responses but with MAGA trumper peeps they all talk like they have to pick from predictive text
they never switch it up and sometimes their answers don’t really match up with the questions asked or conversation because there was no MAGA approved cliche one liner approved for that moment in time so it throws them

Dropperneck

Bluelighter
It’s amazing to me, as a person that notices things. You guys aren’t even able to over come the cognitive dissonance to see that I’m simply pointing out a major flaw in the headline show piece from these ‘trials‘. Imagine if a person accused you of rape and the prosecutor never even reached out to you for your side. Its like that, but worse since the secret service agents even offered to testify after the propaganda event put out the dubious claim. The claim doesn’t even make sense either bc the beast has a division wall b/t the passenger area and driver compartment. This is just an extension of the blue anon stuff from impeachment’s over nonsense/Russia gate. The wing nuts in this country have truly become unhinged.

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter