• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need help quitting pressed oxy

Rickthesizzler

Greenlighter
I’ve been taking pressed oxy for 2 years need help detoxing I can’t take enough time off without losing my job. Please any methods, experiences, or techniques? Any little thing helps I take about 10-15 through out the day and I know they are fentanyl positive

I’ve been taking pressed oxy for 2 years need help detoxing I can’t take enough time off without losing my job. Please any methods, experiences, or techniques? Any little thing helps I take about 10-15 through out the day and I know they are fentanyl positive
Hi and welcome to Bluelight! I'm glad you found us. There are a LOT of threads about getting clean off opiates, particularly fentanyl pills at the moment due to the market being flooded with fentanyl in recent years. So if/when you have the time, have a browse through this forum (Health & Recovery) and also The Dark Side, and have a read of similar threads.

Do you think you have the willpower to taper down your usage over a period of weeks? If you can't get any time off work this method would be ideal. You'd still have some uncomfortable withdrawals but it should be manageable, and you should be able to work.

Hi and welcome to Bluelight! I'm glad you found us. There are a LOT of threads about getting clean off opiates, particularly fentanyl pills at the moment due to the market being flooded with fentanyl in recent years. So if/when you have the time, have a browse through this forum (Health & Recovery) and also The Dark Side, and have a read of similar threads.

Do you think you have the willpower to taper down your usage over a period of weeks? If you can't get any time off work this method would be ideal. You'd still have some uncomfortable withdrawals but it should be manageable, and you should be able to work.
Yes can you please tell me the method

Yes can you please tell me the method
Sorry for the late reply.

There honestly isn't one particular method, there are lots of ways to do it. The ideal way is to taper down your total daily dose by a comfortable amount each day. You will still experience SOME withdrawals but if you're tough and committed to sticking to your taper plan, you can get through the withdrawals. With this method, it will take longer for you to be completely clean, but it will overall be easier.

There are "comfort medications" that you can get to help ease the withdrawals. Some include loperamide, ibuprofen, clonidine, valium, gabapentin, alcohol. Would you have access to any of those? Loperamide and ibuprofen are over-the-counter at a drug store, alcohol is of course easily accessible, but the other 3 you would need a script from a doctor.

You can also of course go cold turkey. You will have very uncomfortable withdrawals and it will be tough. But the withdrawals will ease dramatically after about 5-6 days, and will gradually go away after a couple of weeks. With the amount you've been taking, I would not recommend doing it this way, as it will be too rough and you are more at risk of going back on the pills.

Start at as low a dose as you can manage. You said you take 10-15 so maybe start at 9? Take that for as many days it takes to get used to the lower level (3-5 days). Than drop again to 7 or 8 and just keep repeating until you get down to one a day. Then jump off.

It's not a rigid timeline, so if you need to slow down here and there do so. Just try not to go back up once you've gone down.

If you can get ahold of a benzo, like valium or Xanax, you can take it for a couple days after transitioning to each lower dose. But don't take it for more than two days per week as they are just as addictive. Many people get a benzo addiction using them for opiate withdrawal.

As long as you have the discipline, you can do it this way.

This seems true, I am overwhelmingly uncomfortable right now 🤔
But supply is not endless. So what’s the best way to actually stop using opiates and stay stopped IYE?

Secondarily, Is life worth living?

I found taking benzos (like Valium etc) to help with withdrawal didn’t help, I don’t know if I just don’t understand it? It didn’t stop the shakes, the muscle pains, help me sleep or not go mad.. I also don’t understand benzo addiction, I can easily access most benzodiazepines, but I found alone or combined, benzos don’t do what opiates do, and when combined it also killed the euphoria from Oxycodone - I guess if I took enough benzodiazepines with opiates like oxy that stimulate, I could sleep.. but that is known to cause problems including death (not waking up again) ☠️ so I guess I don’t understand benzos, or only get relief from opiates? If I could switch from opiates to benzos I’d be much better off 🤔

But supply is not endless. So what’s the best way to actually stop using opiates and stay stopped IYE?

life is def worth living, heard gabapentin helps, and tramadol

I found taking benzos (like Valium etc) to help with withdrawal didn’t help, I don’t know if I just don’t understand it? It didn’t stop the shakes, the muscle pains, help me sleep or not go mad.. I also don’t understand benzo addiction, I can easily access most benzodiazepines, but I found alone or combined, benzos don’t do what opiates do, and when combined it also killed the euphoria from Oxycodone - I guess if I took enough benzodiazepines with opiates like oxy that stimulate, I could sleep.. but that is known to cause problems including death (not waking up again) ☠️ so I guess I don’t understand benzos, or only get relief from opiates? If I could switch from opiates to benzos I’d be much better off 🤔
Oh yeah for sure it's much better to have withdrawal psychosis and seizures

life IS worth living but it takes a long time for your brain to heal from long term opiate abuse.

mine still isn't fully healed partly cos i keep fucking with my opioid receptors, which sets them back. but, my mood started to improve significantly after a few months. ngl those months were hard. and its very up and down, sometimes you feel like you're back at square one and doubt the worth of all the work you've put in.

i couldn't quit opiates without going to rehab. but people have. you need to get as much help as possible, therapy, drugs services (mind did loads of groups that were actually useful), NA/SMART/some sort of peer support, find every avenue for help in your area and take it, and do what they say. i was ready to admit that my brain was fucked and none of my own ideas were good for anything apart from killing me so for the first time in my life i just did what i was fucking told by people who i trusted knew how to recover from addiction.

benzos don’t do what opiates do,
yes, they are an entirely different class of drugs.
If I could switch from opiates to benzos I’d be much better off 🤔
having been addicted to both, i would say you would not. i didn't get as out of control with benzos as i did with heroin but i've seen people who have and its just as messy, tragic, and destructive. plus their withdrawal can kill you. its easy to cross addict when you're trying to quit a drug, but its not worth it, you're not really recovering if you do that.

I meant I have easy access to excessive amounts of benzodiazepines, but not opiates, yet never found a use for the benzodiazepines, I’ve trialled a few things but I may only like opiates (or previously, booze).

Sorry for the late reply.

There honestly isn't one particular method, there are lots of ways to do it. The ideal way is to taper down your total daily dose by a comfortable amount each day. You will still experience SOME withdrawals but if you're tough and committed to sticking to your taper plan, you can get through the withdrawals. With this method, it will take longer for you to be completely clean, but it will overall be easier.

There are "comfort medications" that you can get to help ease the withdrawals. Some include loperamide, ibuprofen, clonidine, valium, gabapentin, alcohol. Would you have access to any of those? Loperamide and ibuprofen are over-the-counter at a drug store, alcohol is of course easily accessible, but the other 3 you would need a script from a doctor.

You can also of course go cold turkey. You will have very uncomfortable withdrawals and it will be tough. But the withdrawals will ease dramatically after about 5-6 days, and will gradually go away after a couple of weeks. With the amount you've been taking, I would not recommend doing it this way, as it will be too rough and you are more at risk of going back on the pills.
This is the closest response I've seen anywhere that may be able to help me. Thanks so much for posting! I'm ready to taper off my 120mg a day OXY habit. I've already tapered off the fentanyl that was lacing the previous pills. I'm now just on regular oxycodone that comes in a box with all the instructions. I have everything there to help me, I just don't know how much to take and what kind of time frame I should be looking at. Anything you can help me with to create a realistic schedule would be so unbelievably appreciated. I have pregab, gabapentin, valium, xanax, DHC, Tramadol and a shit ton of it. I'm determined to kick this. Big love to you. Hope you're well.

This is the closest response I've seen anywhere that may be able to help me. Thanks so much for posting! I'm ready to taper off my 120mg a day OXY habit. I've already tapered off the fentanyl that was lacing the previous pills. I'm now just on regular oxycodone that comes in a box with all the instructions. I have everything there to help me, I just don't know how much to take and what kind of time frame I should be looking at. Anything you can help me with to create a realistic schedule would be so unbelievably appreciated. I have pregab, gabapentin, valium, xanax, DHC, Tramadol and a shit ton of it. I'm determined to kick this. Big love to you. Hope you're well.
You're so welcome, I'm so glad it helped!
I apologise for another slow reply to your post. I have a newborn baby so I often get distracted from replying! 🥴🤪😄 But I've been thinking of you and your situation. I actually just pulled over in my car so I can reply cos otherwise I might forget again!! 🤣

So basically it depends on how much you're willing to tolerate the withdrawals, i.e. what is your threshold for discomfort. If you are willing and able to cope with some moderate aches and pains, stomach cramps, diarrhoea, difficulty sleeping, then you could opt for a fast taper over perhaps 7-10 days. Are you still at 120mg a day? If so, simply start by reducing your daily dose by 10mg each day. It's gonna SUCK but you can do it. You will need some meds to help you such as loperamide for the stomach cramps and diarrhoea, and something to help you sleep (lots of things to choose from there). Also get some foods that are really easy to eat such as soup and bread, yoghurt etc, and water, gatorade, juice.

If you don't think you can do a fast taper (no judgement, it's not for everyone, and hey you might still have commitments like work or parenting which you can't afford to do whilst in bad withdrawals), a slower more comfortable taper might be better for you. It's the same process just drawn out over a longer period of time. You drop your dose when you feel comfortable doing so.

Either method requires strong willpower on your part, in order to stick to the plan of reducing your dose and not going back up to 120mg. It's hard, but you've said you really want to do it, and the desire to get clean is half the battle won already, I reckon 🙂

I can't recall if someone addressed this earlier in the thread but do your pressed oxys contain fentanyl? Yes, no, or not sure?

You're so welcome, I'm so glad it helped!
I apologise for another slow reply to your post. I have a newborn baby so I often get distracted from replying! 🥴🤪😄 But I've been thinking of you and your situation. I actually just pulled over in my car so I can reply cos otherwise I might forget again!! 🤣

So basically it depends on how much you're willing to tolerate the withdrawals, i.e. what is your threshold for discomfort. If you are willing and able to cope with some moderate aches and pains, stomach cramps, diarrhoea, difficulty sleeping, then you could opt for a fast taper over perhaps 7-10 days. Are you still at 120mg a day? If so, simply start by reducing your daily dose by 10mg each day. It's gonna SUCK but you can do it. You will need some meds to help you such as loperamide for the stomach cramps and diarrhoea, and something to help you sleep (lots of things to choose from there). Also get some foods that are really easy to eat such as soup and bread, yoghurt etc, and water, gatorade, juice.

If you don't think you can do a fast taper (no judgement, it's not for everyone, and hey you might still have commitments like work or parenting which you can't afford to do whilst in bad withdrawals), a slower more comfortable taper might be better for you. It's the same process just drawn out over a longer period of time. You drop your dose when you feel comfortable doing so.

Either method requires strong willpower on your part, in order to stick to the plan of reducing your dose and not going back up to 120mg. It's hard, but you've said you really want to do it, and the desire to get clean is half the battle won already, I reckon 🙂

I can't recall if someone addressed this earlier in the thread but do your pressed oxys contain fentanyl? Yes, no, or not sure?
What an absolute star you are! Not just for pulling over and replying but for replying in depth with genuine care and concern for a stranger. Your reply will not be in vein. Yes I'm pretty sure the oxy pills I was taking were laced with Fentanyl. For 2 reasons, firstly I'm going to pretty much assume that all blue Oxy's that are sold without the packaging contain fentanyl after all the reading I've done, secondly I was going to try and go onto Subs for the first time in my life. I had given 36 hours before my first sub dose but unfortunately.....BAM....straight into precipitated withdrawels. The subs knocked any and all remaining product straight off my receptors. Anyone who's done this will know this is no minor event or experience. 3 days of a living nightmare and luckily the postman dropped off a bag of oxy. Anyway due to what happened im assuming there was still fentanyl lingering about in my body. Now I've managed to taper off the blue oxy 30's on to Sandoz 40mg's. Unfortunately they're extended release which is a total bummer but I have 30 of them to do a long taper. I've been snorting them though as the extended release is such a drag. I've bought some cola and lime juice in an attempt to strengthen the hit but not sure if this is such a good idea. I'm down to 100mg of the extended oxy but on top of that ive been taking 900g of gabapentin every 2nd day and alternating DHC and tramadol every day. Been trying to use the Gabapentin as a potentiator for the replacement opiates but it doesn't seem to be doing much. I have Pregabalin there too which i still haven't taken yet. I'm not looking for complete sobriety i don't think. Just to have some control and have something there to to take the edge off intead of getting a hit, drug holidays's and switching things up to reduce the chance of addiction. I've always been an alcoholic and moved up to 1 litre of Vodka a day during lockdown, it was 2 months before my fiance made me get help and open up to my nearest ane dearest. Now I just drink on a Saturday and Sunday but stay away from the spirits, i have full control of that now and will never go back. But it was during the same period that the Oxy's became not so recreational and once in a blue moon any more. I'm always needing something it seems. 😑 Thanks so much for your time and for sharing your informed view on things in an effort to help me 💙. It makes me feel good to know your answers may help other people too. I'm all alone in this, not even my Fiance knows. Who knows absolutely everything else about me. None of my best friends know. or Mother or Father. Everyone helped me through the last time with the Alcohol and i don't want to put people through that again. My family were worried sick. I don't want people to be worried about me again, it's not fair on them. Plus they have no idea about opiates and doubt they'd be of much help other than moral support. If anything they'd just be more worried this time. If you have any adivce about how to use these remaining extended release oxy's effectively and responsibly and what i could do/dosage with the gaba, pregab, tramadol and DHC that woukd be an incredible help. Thanks so much for being an awesome person. X

Last edited:
What an absolute star you are! Not just for pulling over and replying but for replying in depth with genuine care and concern for a stranger. Your reply will not be in vein. Yes I'm pretty sure the oxy pills I was taking were laced with Fentanyl. For 2 reasons, firstly I'm going to pretty much assume that all blue Oxy's that are sold without the packaging contain fentanyl after all the reading I've done, secondly I was going to try and go onto Subs for the first time in my life. I had given 36 hours before my first sub dose but unfortunately.....BAM....straight into precipitated withdrawels. The subs knocked any and all remaining product straight off my receptors. Anyone who's done this will know this is no minor event or experience. 3 days of a living nightmare and luckily the postman dropped off a bag of oxy. Anyway due to what happened im assuming there was still fentanyl lingering about in my body. Now I've managed to taper off the blue oxy 30's on to Sandoz 40mg's. Unfortunately they're extended release which is a total bummer but I have 30 of them to do a long taper. I've been snorting them though as the extended release is such a drag. I've bought some cola and lime juice in an attempt to strengthen the hit but not sure if this is such a good idea. I'm down to 100mg of the extended oxy but on top of that ive been taking 900g of gabapentin every 2nd day and alternating DHC and tramadol every day. Been trying to use the Gabapentin as a potentiator for the replacement opiates but it doesn't seem to be doing much. I have Pregabalin there too which i still haven't taken yet. I'm not looking for complete sobriety i don't think. Just to have some control and have something there to to take the edge off intead of getting a hit, drug holidays's and switching things up to reduce the chance of addiction. I've always been an alcoholic and moved up to 1 litre of Vodka a day during lockdown, it was 2 months before my fiance made me get help and open up to my nearest ane dearest. Now I just drink on a Saturday and Sunday but stay away from the spirits, i have full control of that now and will never go back. But it was during the same period that the Oxy's became not so recreational and once in a blue moon any more. I'm always needing something it seems. 😑 Thanks so much for your time and for sharing your informed view on things in an effort to help me 💙. It makes me feel good to know your answers may help other people too. I'm all alone in this, not even my Fiance knows. Who knows absolutely everything else about me. None of my best friends know. or Mother or Father. Everyone helped me through the last time with the Alcohol and i don't want to put people through that again. My family were worried sick. I don't want people to be worried about me again, it's not fair on them. Plus they have no idea about opiates and doubt they'd be of much help other than moral support. If anything they'd just be more worried this time. If you have any adivce about how to use these remaining extended release oxy's effectively and responsibly and what i could do/dosage with the gaba, pregab, tramadol and DHC that woukd be an incredible help. Thanks so much for being an awesome person. X
Damn dude, your story is crazy asf haha. Good luck on getting clean.you are almost there..
You can do it. 💯😝🤙