Need to know what instrument they're playing.

Ok, I just found out it's a Puerto Rican cuatro, thanks everyone, for helping
I think I'm going to buy one, there's another cool instrument on the second verse in the middle, but they don't show it :(

Ok, I just found out it's a Puerto Rican cuatro, thanks everyone, for helping
I think I'm going to buy one, there's another cool instrument on the second verse in the middle, but they don't show it :(
Origins and tunings ...
The Cuatro Guitar is named after the number of strings or courses of strings 4 or 8 but also sometimes has 5 or 10 strings.
It is an ancient instrument that has many names.
It originated in Spain and was carried the world over by it's sailors. Originally it had 4 or 8 strings (arranged in 4 sets of 2 strings) but is sometimes applied to 10 string versions.
In England it was known as the Lute.

They are tuned in 4ths: B E A D G with the coursed string versions having the second (smaller) string of the course tuned 1 octave above the other: BB EE AA DD GG

If you are looking for how to play scales or chords then you can use the mandolin, lute or ukulele forms for scales and chords.

If one learns one instrument they can play the entire family of them. Good luck !

Last edited:
I'm not exactly a musical instrument expert, but my best guess is that it might be a 10-string acoustic guitar. I've only recently started diving into the world of musical instruments myself. Currently, I'm learning to play the concertina, and I'm absolutely loving the process! By the way, thanks for sharing that video, the track is really amazing!

Maybe you will like this article about the concertina.:https://medium.com/@cassidybole0712/learning-the-concertina-a-beginners-guide-and-tips-a4a038a57c8e