• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Negative health effects from your drug use?

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Anyone noticed drugs affecting their general health in anyway? So far ive been quite lucky not noticed anything but i have tended to stick with psychedelics. I did once flake out in a field after taking too much ghb but thats about it. Woke up in hospital having a brainscan and a doctor said "do you take any illegal drugs?" ( i said "No, never")

I've noticed that after several days on meth I get red patches around my mouth and nose that then go dry and flaky. They'll fester a bit if left alone but clear up immediately with prednisolone cream. I don't know if they are from the smoking/smoke/heat or the actual drug. I usually get them really early and they don't become a problem.

Does make me wonder about what's going on inside where I can't see though.

I also have had major trouble at tyhe doctor's when s/he tries to take blood. Damn near impossible to get a needle into a vein in my arms. And I haven't actually shot up for over 6 months.

Besides that my health seems to have been improving since switching mainly to psychadelics. My memory is a lot better and so are my overall energy and emotional levels.

I used to get dry, flaky and festering bits on meth too - but that was usually on my bellend from pulling my plonker for ten hours 😁

Cigarettes (which I quit) caused me very palpable problems with my lungs. Amphetamines always worsened dermatitis. What benzodiazepines have done to me after 20 years on them I can only imagine... But these are two very feelable negative health effects from drug use that I can connect with drug with no suspicion.

It seems like I’m always in pain..or better yet, just sore af for no apparent reason. I have a lot less energy than I did before o started using daily.

crack was probably the worst for me:
psychosis wasn't fun
my psoriasis deteriorated into open sores all over my body
hair was like straw, matted all the time
bodyweight fell to seriously low bmi- i'm bingeing supersize vs superskinny and i was lower than all the superskinnies, and am quite tall too
couldn't physically eat a meal because my body was so unused to eating
destroyed teeth, £1000s of dental surgrery needed to fix
my skin way grey
i needed 6 lots of antibiotics in one year cos my immune system was just fucked

those are just what i know about, but the damage to my heart and lungs is probably worse than the relatively superficial/reversible stuff mentioned above

somehow drinking 100s of units of alcohol per week for at least a year, plus benzos for 6 years, didn't destroy my liver, for which i was thankful

It seems like I’m always in pain..or better yet, just sore af for no apparent reason. I have a lot less energy than I did before o started using daily.

taking drugs daily will batter you. if you're using opiates then it will decrease your tolerance to pain.

once i'd healed enough to be able to sleep well naturally, i had a lot more energy when i was not using anything at all.

psychosis wasn't fun
my psoriasis deteriorated into open sores all over my body
hair was like straw, matted all the time
bodyweight fell to seriously low bmi- i'm bingeing supersize vs superskinny and i was lower than all the superskinnies, and am quite tall too
my skin way grey
i needed 6 lots of antibiotics in one year cos my immune system was just fucked

those are just what i know about, but the damage to my heart and lungs is probably worse than the relatively superficial/reversible stuff mentioned above

somehow drinking 100s of units of alcohol per week for at least a year, plus benzos for 6 years, didn't destroy my liver, for which i was thankful

But apart from that you feel fine 😀

Snorting drugs in general seems to really clog up my nose.

This is the season that everything blossom's so that also play's a role, hayfever. But the snorting def worsen's it

I used to get dry, flaky and festering bits on meth too - but that was usually on my bellend from pulling my plonker for ten hours 😁
I discovered coconut oil before I discovered meth sex. So I never broke my bell end.

psychosis wasn't fun
I forgot about that. Amps certainly were factor when I haven't slept for almost a week (maybe micro-naps that I wasn't aware of), which lead into stimulant induced psychosis.

Thank you for reminding me the stuff I have "forgot" (suppressed would be the better term) to mention. I am still repairing my teeth that were heavily damaged before I turned 20. I will have to get implants in the Fall and that will cost me even more money. And I spent a lot. I have left ~30% of my teeth (others are ceramic or not in my mouth at all) and not a single one without filling. Amphetamines will ruin ones body much more faster than any other drug if you are addicted and are eating and sleeping only when you're body collapses. But even then you are eating just because you want to use more amphetamines (sulphate, cocaine, mdma) and without food you can't use them cause you actually need some food to live (and you need to be alive to take stimulants).

When I look back at my childhood/adolescence (ages 14-20) I am constantly amazed and thankful that I am even living. Let alone that I have made it through the other side, am fairly imployable, have my own flat, wife, beautiful child and as of last year - no debt.

Thank you Life! 🙏

When I look back at my childhood/adolescence (ages 14-20) I am constantly amazed and thankful that I am even living. Let alone that I have made it through the other side, am fairly imployable, have my own flat, wife, beautiful child and as of last year - no debt.

Thank you Life! 🙏
i feel exactly the same... except no child yet and a lot of debt still. but i'm thankful to have the life i have now

I have chronic pain, so I combat that with lots of the chronic

I had a helio bacteria infestation causing stomach ulcers some years ago that was likely exacerbated by my drinking and at the time I drank much more neat whiskey than today, and I have borderline chronic gas/gerd like symptoms that I had self medicated for using ezomeprazole for half a decade or so but which I now control through diet, meal sizing and farting like a thunder god for 12 hours a day, which again is probably partly to do with boozehound life

I have a deviated septum from too many sherberts up there over the years also combined with genetics, which costs me my sense of smell, although that has been improving very recently for no particular reason

And, I have done my knee and lost various patches of skin over the years of drunken motorcycle riding at all hours of the day and night, but that shit heals pretty fast