• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs New stimulant, 4-Methylmethylphenidate (4-Me-TMP)

The para-methyl substitution in related chemical classes appears to push the effects profile towards serotonin release (methcathinone to 4-mmc for example, although a better comparison might be ethcathinone to 4-mec since 4-me-TMP is definitely no mephedrone). Drawing comparisons like this is inherently speculative - the SAR may not translate at all. The serotonin release, if there at all, is probably a fairly weak effect. 4-Me-TMP is unusual in some other ways - the binding data doesn't fit well with the potency and its potency (as measured in rats) is far more variable than any other phenidate, which is good reason to suspect that there's more going on with it than the reuptake inhibition that was measured. Serotonin release is known to dampen perceived DRI effects, which would be consistent with the known data. Until someone does the necessary research, we're not going to know very much.

I really doubt you can apply the amphetamine/cathinone SAR here since Phenidates are basically pure reuptake inhibitors.
Neither Pyrovalerone (i.e. 4-Methyl-alpha-PVP) nor MDPV (which has a freaking Methylenedioxy bridge) are serotonin releasing agents, so it seems extremely unlikely that 4-Methyl-TMP would be either.
From what I understand, the general rule is that the more steric bulk you add to an amphetamine/cathinone, the more its profile shifts from releasing agent to reuptake inhibitor, so I see little reason to assume that an extra Methyl would add to MPH's already near-nonexistent monoamine releasing qualities.

Hate to bump this. But am frustrated about how we are not on page 10+ on this miracle compound. It's the best phenidate to date, better than Methylphenidate even. As if i pushed methylphen that hard the sides would have been alot more extreme. This stimulant is so versatile, much more clear headed with much less peripheral stimulation allowing a focus unmatched by any other phenidate to this point. Is there possibly something dangerous about this that i am missing? I received only the usual negatives after a heavy binge but nothing out of particular. Unlike Ethylphenidate you don't seem to hit a cealing fearing where another dose may increase anxiety or possibly death. I felt completely safe completely immersed and this compound. I would in the future love to try Oral doses for motivational purposes and to get an idea on the duration of this beautiful phenidate. If anyone has has any reports which contradict mine, i'd love to hear it.

yeah, this stuff rocks. it's so smooth and fun. best functional yet euphoric RC stim i've had hands down. i'd say it's about on par with dexaphetamine.
only had the pellets, but i insufflated anyway and they definitely provide a rush.
eph was a load of shite in my opinion, 3fpm is too cloudy headed/mongy/feindish (though i only really bother vaping 3fpm). never tried methylphenidate but id like to now!

i wanna stock up before the imminent ban from the fun police.

do other people get their in brown, speckled pellets with 15mg doses. i snorted 22.5 mg this morning and i think i was quite noticably tweaked! maybe 15mg oral tomorrow before work instead or will the oral ba be poor??

You're talking about 4-Fluoromethylphenidate, not 4-Methylmethylphenidate.

just tried some of this. there is some obvious serotonergic activity. it's too strong to exercise on with DRI/SRI activity. but very, very nice. all-PVP sucks compared to this.

Eh no, there's various papers on it, no serotonergic affinity at all. Only the naphthidates (HDMP-28 and homologues) also act as SRIs.

I kind of get where hes coming from with the assumption of SERT activity though; this substance does seem to produce a unique calmness for being a straight stimulant. And I when I say calm, I mean totally breezy - this is the least jittery stimulant I think I have ever tried, even at high-end and repeated doses.

It certainly has a social aspect to it as well that may make it seem that way, but not the kind promoting a fuzzy, lovey, heartfelt desire to reach out to everyone and anyone you might come in contact with. Everything about this drug is extremely mild, which usually I would consider a bad thing. But in this case it is just mild enough to where I enjoy what it gives without much worry about what it takes - the comedown is easier than easy (though sleep is difficult without benzos). No real dysphoria to speak of, just a slight dip below baseline for a day or so after a decent amount was ingested (~300mg spaced over 2 days).

No muscle spasms or twitching, either, throughout the entirety of the duration. This is nice as much of the paranoia other stims give me these days comes from the worry the people might notice I'm on something - I'd imagine it's difficult for someone to tell just by observation with this one. %)

Also want to mention that this stuff burns pretty bad when insufflated, especially the first couple of times. Been a long time since I tried ethylphenidate, but I feel like this hits you just about as hard. And again, no real rush with this stuff, but the come up is more pleasant through this RoA.

Last edited:
80mg was very recreational, had a awesome time playing TF2 while listening to fast EDM.

Multitasking felt really easy, amazing focus.

Any reflections on 4-methyl-methylphenidate you can provide as a sort of retrospective?

(Note, I just acquired some, thus my interest.)

I'm hoping it will be more similar to MPH than 4F-MPH (which I think is ok, but not recreational like MPH proper).

It was fun and novel and what not, but I guess the more potent 4F-MPH is generally better.

These days (rather strict NPS blanket ban here in Germany) I'm back to mostly using good old eurospeed (dirt cheap amphetamine/caffeine), haven't really taken any RC stims in a few years.

It was fun and novel and what not, but I guess the more potent 4F-MPH is generally better.

These days (rather strict NPS blanket ban here in Germany) I'm back to mostly using good old eurospeed (dirt cheap amphetamine/caffeine), haven't really taken any RC stims in a few years.

Interesting.

Today I took a total of 180mg of 4-methyl-methylphenidate via a variety of ROA's but wasn't able to replicate the enjoyable effects of methylphenidate. I think the issue is the slowish onset (relative to methylphenidate and 4F-MPH).

Certainly cleaner and crisper feeling than 4F-MPH but unfortunately the mood lift wasn't any better. It seems like it's a functional stimulant, which is fine, but I hoped it had some of the fast/short acting qualities of MPH. Definitely still strongly stimulated, but never found it euphoric, just stimulating. It had a visual brightening effect that doesn't occur with 4F-MPH, an effect I associate with methylphenidate euphoria, except not the feeling. Which makes me feel like the ability to be enjoyable resides somewhere in this compound (in a way that 4F-MPH is unable) but I'm not so sure I'm willing to explore the doses necessary to get there. I'm sure I will of course because I now have a substantial amount of it and eventually will have to answer that question. I got a lot of work done and feel a great deal of residual stimulation from that 180mg but I never felt methylphenidate-like euphoria. Granted, methylphenidate isn't the most euphoric compound either, but it is more recreational than this stuff.

I wonder if 4F-EPH is recreational 🤔

Interesting.
What is distinctive about the euphoria of methylphenidate for you? And by which ROA(s) in particular?

My last experiences were several years ago and didn't leave me with a strong recollection, so I'm curious how you'd compare MPH with other stimulants. I've heard it likened to cocaine in terms of effects, but that might have been specific to the IV rush.

What is distinctive about the euphoria of methylphenidate for you? And by which ROA(s) in particular?

My last experiences were several years ago and didn't leave me with a strong recollection, so I'm curious how you'd compare MPH with other stimulants. I've heard it likened to cocaine in terms of effects, but that might have been specific to the IV rush.

Generally intranasally.

Methylphenidate more resembles a short acting and far more subdued version of MDPV than it does cocaine (although it does distantly resemble cocaine).

The euphoria isn't too pronounced but its short lived nature results in compulsive redosing. I used to time it and like clockwork i would feel an urge to redose 1 hour and 18 minutes after snorting 10mg of dextromethylphenidate (focalin). I used to abuse it and methylphenidate extensively.

I was hoping 4-methyl-methylphenidate would resemble mph more than 4f-mph but I think the issue is a pharmacokinetic one (ie, blood levels don't peak fast enough, at least for me).

Very interesting that Methylphenidate (d-threo-MPH) is the most euphoric compound from this class ….4F-MPH being 3.33 X more potent at inhibiting DAT doesn’t compare to Ritalin or Focalin

Isopropylphenidate I’ve used prior to my Ritalin script was very useful. Near identical DAT profile to Ritalin with only 1/3 the norepinephrine, better safety profile cardiovascular wise and slightly longer half-life and duration of action

d-threo-Ethylphenidate would be the only comparable chemical that could go head to head with Ritalin & Focalin, but RC from god knows where, 4 different stereoisomers of Ethylphenidate, MPH, IPH, 4F-MPH, etc know way of knowing what your stuff consists of

In Canada, we don’t have Focalin (dextro methylphenidate) only Ritalin/Biphentin/Concerta, Vyvanse, Adderall XR & Dexedrine

To optimize the euphoric properties of Methylphenidate its best taking with a light meal (ham/egg/toast/orange juice) which speeds absorption….MOST importantly co-ingested with ethanol / alcohol

Consuming ethanol with Ritalin 30min before or after increases d-MPH levels by 40%, which effectively turns your Ritalin into Focalin in the bloodstream. It also producing the inactive metabolite l-Ethylphenidate (not d-Ethylphenidate) and Ritalinic acid

I have 10 grams of Isopropylphenidate and 10 grams of 4F-MPH (which I haven’t tried yet). Isopropylphenidate is a very useful Ritalin substitute with a good safety profile and longer duration of action.

I just love my Ritalin so much lol….always taken orally after breakfast in morning with Methadone 80mg and 3oz. Jin cocktail 🍸 my mornings are Sooooo freaking nice before leaving for work….watching cool music videos on 65” 4K tv browsing BlueLight forums while my cocktail is peaking Ha ha ha, jump in my ride and spark a Belmont with a small traveller in the cup holder taking side streets to work.

I need my Ritalin dosage changed to 20mg IR tablets X 3 daily (60mg day) which I’d still blow through before months end. Think I’d need 80mg daily, most docs rarely go over the glass ceiling of 60/80mg daily….but 100mg daily wouldn’t be totally unheard of, accounting for patient body weight, cardio scans, length of treatment (tolerance), tolerability of said dosage, benefits, etc

Very interesting that Methylphenidate (d-threo-MPH) is the most euphoric compound from this class ….4F-MPH being 3.33 X more potent at inhibiting DAT doesn’t compare to Ritalin or Focalin

A lot of people myself included, found ethyphenidate to be the most euphoric/recreational, moreso than methylphenidate.

What a simple but excellent design idea. It will increase serotonin release/serotonin reuptake more than plain methylphenidate. I think the reason it's only just surfaced is that ritalinic acid used to be available commercially VERY cheaply so ethylphenidate & isopropylphenidate would be the next obvious steps (just dehydrate with a different alcohol).. I am going to guess that it's very much like methadrone/pyrophenidone_.

Now, this is also important because it begs the question 'will other ring substitutions give Ritalin derivatives 5HT2a affinity?' because if so, Sasha's Pihkal & Tihkal might need a third volume - Pheikal (Phenyl piperidine ester IHKAL DMBPMM (2-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromobenzyl)-6-(2-methoxyphenyl)piperidine) suggests that it is so.

I've tried p-Me Aminorex and that is a serotonin releaser/serotonin reuptake inhibitor BUT it will not fit into the 5HTaa receptor. Believe me, we tried.