• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

No, you don’t “sweat out” toxins.

WishfulThinkin

Bluelighter

Can You Sweat Toxins out of Your Body?​

Did you know your body has its own air conditioning system when it becomes too hot? It’s called sweating. Your body releases water on your skin, which then evaporates in order to cool down to the normal temperature of 98.6 degrees.

Sweat is 99% water combined with a small amount of salt, proteins, carbohydrates and urea, says UAMS family medicine physician Dr. Charles Smith. Therefore, sweat is not made up of toxins from your body, and the belief that sweat can cleanse the body is a myth.

“You cannot sweat toxins out of the body,” Dr. Smith says. “Toxins such as mercury, alcohol and most drugs are eliminated by your liver, intestines or kidneys.”
Some people have even participated in something called a “sweat lodge.” Some Native American cultures still use the lodge as a very important purification ceremony. However, Dr. Smith warns that these can become dangerous and sometimes result in injury or, in severe cases, death.

“By forcing your body to perspire through heat exposure or heavy exercise, you can cause your kidneys to save water and actually hang on to any toxins that may be circulating in your system,” he says.

Posted by UAMS Health on March 8, 2019

Filed Under: Medical Myths

————————————

I know most of y’all may know this by now. But there’s still this pervasive idea that when a person does meth (or other drugs), that they sweat the toxins out of their body. I used to think that myself and would be super paranoid that I smelled like meth when I didn’t. Now don’t get me wrong, you may smell bad lol...but it’s not cause you’re sweating out meth/meth toxins. It’s more likely just because you’ve been sweating and haven’t showered or brushed your teeth in 3 days. Then again, you may not even smell at all. Maybe you just need a sandwich and a nap. Psychosis is a mfer! :p

You sweat out drugs, just not in relevant enough amounts to count as a primary way of excretion. Police is abusing this to check if you've dabbled with something they don't want you to, by swishing a swab over your steering wheel or hands and putting that into some crazily oversensitive detector (at least in the EU, cutting edge tech, saw in a documentary). Even your hair continues miniscule yet detectable amounts of anything you decide to put into your system. They can and will detect LSD in your hair. Also Mephedrone users reportedly smelled weird even when I'd attribute that to impurities, not the meow itself. Psychosis leads to all sorts of weird stuff but this doc seriously needs to spend some time with an alcohol addict.

yeah and also you cannot shit out the toxins either. all those crappy detoxes that are advertised all over are all bunch of crap. quite LITERALLY in fact, bunch of SHIT!
what logic does it make to get rid of toxins by putting more in there?? not sure people realize this but a lot of those powders with all those suspicious herbs contain natural and also man made toxins. then you shit your guts out and you are suddenly all clean?? lol!!
anyone heard of toxins accumulating in tissues, organs and bones?? man, im gonna go on whole rampage after companies doing such shitty detox scams.
LOOK if you really want to get rid of toxins what ya gotta do is just eat less, and draw blood weekly. the less you eat the less toxins you will consume. and the more blood you get out weekly, the more your body rejuvenates. its simple as that folks!

Can You Sweat Toxins out of Your Body?​

Did you know your body has its own air conditioning system when it becomes too hot? It’s called sweating. Your body releases water on your skin, which then evaporates in order to cool down to the normal temperature of 98.6 degrees.

Sweat is 99% water combined with a small amount of salt, proteins, carbohydrates and urea, says UAMS family medicine physician Dr. Charles Smith. Therefore, sweat is not made up of toxins from your body, and the belief that sweat can cleanse the body is a myth.

“You cannot sweat toxins out of the body,” Dr. Smith says. “Toxins such as mercury, alcohol and most drugs are eliminated by your liver, intestines or kidneys.”
Some people have even participated in something called a “sweat lodge.” Some Native American cultures still use the lodge as a very important purification ceremony. However, Dr. Smith warns that these can become dangerous and sometimes result in injury or, in severe cases, death.

“By forcing your body to perspire through heat exposure or heavy exercise, you can cause your kidneys to save water and actually hang on to any toxins that may be circulating in your system,” he says.

Posted by UAMS Health on March 8, 2019

Filed Under: Medical Myths

————————————

I know most of y’all may know this by now. But there’s still this pervasive idea that when a person does meth (or other drugs), that they sweat the toxins out of their body. I used to think that myself and would be super paranoid that I smelled like meth when I didn’t. Now don’t get me wrong, you may smell bad lol...but it’s not cause you’re sweating out meth/meth toxins. It’s more likely just because you’ve been sweating and haven’t showered or brushed your teeth in 3 days. Then again, you may not even smell at all. Maybe you just need a sandwich and a nap. Psychosis is a mfer! :p
I did not know this! Omg such a helpful article! I just started working out again and thought differently, so I really thank you for posting this!! ^^ it set me straight in the facts <3

Well thats not entirely true all sorts of things are detectable in the sweat. If i were to eat 10 grams of arsenic i can guarantee you could detect it in my sweat 😓

you can detect a lot of heavy metals and toxins in hair too. so what, cutting off your hair will remove the toxins? cmon now...

you can detect a lot of heavy metals and toxins in hair too. so what, cutting off your hair will remove the toxins? cmon now...

Well if they are detectable then you can sweat toxins out, technically. Not in any amount to "detoxify", these sort of detoxification approaches don't make sense anyhow.

The title of this thread is, "No, you don’t “sweat out” toxins". But the answer is yes you do, in trace amounts. So what?

What's the deal with this forum lately 🤯 The should have retained the original name of this forum, "Advanced Drug Discussion" it seemed to raise the bar abit.

Well if they are detectable then you can sweat toxins out, technically. Not in any amount to "detoxify", these sort of detoxification approaches don't make sense anyhow.
The title of this thread is, "No, you don’t “sweat out” toxins". But the answer is yes you do, in trace amounts. So what?

What's the deal with this forum lately 🤯 The should have retained the original name of this forum, "Advanced Drug Discussion" it seemed to raise the bar abit.
Hey hey hey.. this is something I’ve been looking into for a minute because it affects me directly. So if what this guy is saying is wrong or inaccurate, just show me the research. I don’t mean that in a pissy way. I would really like to know the truth.

So far what I’ve gathered is that main function of perspiration is temperature control (of course); even though it’s part of the “excretory” system. Our sweat, which is odorless, is like 99% water. But it also has things like salt, ammonia, urea, and other proteins. The odor we smell is a byproduct of those things mixing with the bacteria on our skin. So according to all of this... no, when I do meth I’m not going to “sweat it out”. Most of that is going to be excreted through my urine and poop. For the most part, my sweat is just water. (TMI but when I’ve been on a binge, I *definitely* smell it in my pee.)

Now I’m sure doing drugs has some effect on these mechanisms. I just haven’t found exactly what that is yet. I’m thinking that meth, for example, may increase or chemically alter the ammonia or urea. Or maybe it changes the makeup of the water. I don’t know. But I’d be happy to check out any articles you may have.

What toxins do we sweat out and how?

yeah and also you cannot shit out the toxins either. all those crappy detoxes that are advertised all over are all bunch of crap. quite LITERALLY in fact, bunch of SHIT!
what logic does it make to get rid of toxins by putting more in there?? not sure people realize this but a lot of those powders with all those suspicious herbs contain natural and also man made toxins. then you shit your guts out and you are suddenly all clean?? lol!!
anyone heard of toxins accumulating in tissues, organs and bones?? man, im gonna go on whole rampage after companies doing such shitty detox scams.
LOOK if you really want to get rid of toxins what ya gotta do is just eat less, and draw blood weekly. the less you eat the less toxins you will consume. and the more blood you get out weekly, the more your body rejuvenates. its simple as that folks!
Irrespective of claims made by cleanse products pretty sure GI tract is third major route the body uses to eliminate drug metabolites (especially if drugs were taken orally) after kidneys & skin (your body's largest organ of elimination acts as a supplemental filter to the kidneys for removing wastes from the blood) which may be causing the confusion addressed by OP since sweat glands permeate through layers of dead skin cells picking up trace amounts of toxins then detectable in perspiration.

Last edited:
Go on a methamphetamine bender, and in 2 days you will smell foul (putresciney). Go on an MDMA bender, and in 2 days you will smell like hyper rotten mangoes. Go on a GHB bender, and in 2 days you will smell, um, 'indolic.' Here used as a euphemism for 'like shit.'

We used to go to saunas and steam rooms. I always felt confident toxins are automatically removed by pronounced sweating.

No evidence for that, but it always resonated with me. I’m open to being wrong.

After heavy sweating, the skin feels remarkable cleaner too.

Oil pulling ideally with coconut oil, is a very powerful detoxification method with wide systemic benefits, it decongest the upper respiratory tract, literally draws all toxins out of the mouth, teeth and gums, plus fundamentally it’s primary detox route, the artery under tough all bodily blood flows through there in 20 minutes.

The swishing action of the oil pulling Activates an enzyme which very effectively drawers toxins out of the blood vessel.

This stuff is really powerful and based in ancient Indian Ayurvedic culture. It definitely works because after you have finished the oil pulling you are advised to spit the thinned out toxin full oil Into the toilet rather than the sink because of the amount of toxins and microbes it contains and I can tell you that the odour in your mouth after oil pulling can be absolutely horrendously toxic which indicates effectiveness.

I have been loyal pulling for decades and unquestionably there are phenomenal benefits to it especially to maintaining optimum oral health even drawing out cavities from teeth and gums.

But it’s also a booster of metabolism and many other bodily functions and is especially good for the skin in an anti ageing sense too.

Oil pulling ideally with coconut oil, is a very powerful detoxification method with wide systemic benefits, it decongest the upper respiratory tract, literally draws all toxins out of the mouth, teeth and gums, plus fundamentally it’s primary detox route, the artery under tough all bodily blood flows through there in 20 minutes.

The swishing action of the oil pulling Activates an enzyme which very effectively drawers toxins out of the blood vessel.

This stuff is really powerful and based in ancient Indian Ayurvedic culture. It definitely works because after you have finished the oil pulling you are advised to spit the thinned out toxin full oil Into the toilet rather than the sink because of the amount of toxins and microbes it contains and I can tell you that the odour in your mouth after oil pulling can be absolutely horrendously toxic which indicates effectiveness.

I have been loyal pulling for decades and unquestionably there are phenomenal benefits to it especially to maintaining optimum oral health even drawing out cavities from teeth and gums.

But it’s also a booster of metabolism and many other bodily functions and is especially good for the skin in an anti ageing sense too.
I'm D !

Last edited:
The smell from meth users is likely an increase in urea output, hence the “piss” smell often described.

-GC

The smell from meth users is likely an increase in urea output, hence the “piss” smell often described.

-GC
Urea is super elixir stuff you know, so unbeknown. Like, the very top super Beaty model skin creams, at least….used, to be made from urea.

I practiced urine therapy 2010 to 2012.

Amazing. Like medication for the mind, remarkably potentiating for LSD trips too.

Just 28 ml midstream morning urine plus massaging rest into face and neck.

The first urine is full of hormones and reingesting them saves lots bodily energy and has remarkably positive effects on energy levels, state of mind and consciousness plus immune and skin health.

And it so used to add an extra special element and longevity to my LSD trips then I swear.

-GC
So haha, meth users Could fund their habit by selling their extra urea output to the top skin care companies lol!😀