• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Welcome Not a jesus freak but thought there are some worthy words associated to him/her

According to the Evangelical conservative Christians, paradise will come after rapture around apocalypse time. Gotta get busy destroying the world to bring that about :(
I've started to read the book " Create Your Own Religion: A How-To Book Without Instructions by Daniele Bolelli" & in one part he quotes from some Texas Nutcases who openly said 9/11 was a Punishment from "God" for the sinful ways the USA had turned to.
firefly-speechless.gif

Also when I learned about Zoroastrianism & the stuff their texts said it's no wonder The Bible is just as fucked up & causes mental illness that is equal to The Quran.

A decent old school belief system imo (studied it decades ago) and full of natural "stuff" and common sense "if anyone still possesses this)....

ed
iirc the "wise men" were these zoastrians that trekked to jesus birth by following a star
Hhhhmmmm

The piece about the punishment for men who have sex with a woman on her period made me raise a eyebrow.

To drink the period blood for all eternity and only given a break from it every few thousand years was bad enough BUT in the downtime of drinking it you are made to cook & eat all your son's is a tad extreme in my view. YMMV........

I've started to read the book " Create Your Own Religion: A How-To Book Without Instructions by Daniele Bolelli" & in one part he quotes from some Texas Nutcases who openly said 9/11 was a Punishment from "God" for the sinful ways the USA had turned to.
firefly-speechless.gif

Also when I learned about Zoroastrianism & the stuff their texts said it's no wonder The Bible is just as fucked up & causes mental illness that is equal to The Quran.
Indeed. As someone who grew up in Texas as part of a Southern Baptist church, everything bad that happens is a punishment from god and everything fun is a sin.

So fucking glad I completely broke free from that when I left home after high school. Of course the emotional baggage and indoctrination took many more years to unravel.

Yeah I remember when some right-wing fundamentalists were saying AIDS was God's punishment for homosexuality. Yet the demographic with the lowest rates were lesbians.
I guess God likes watching girl-on-girl stuff too.

In my opinion, the new testament should have ended with the gospels, and thus should only consist of *Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Everything written after that is absolutely extraneous to the necessary theology of christianity. And christianity would be a nicer, gentler, more brotherly and magnanimous religion had it stopped there. Many of the remaining books simply introduce a bunch of unnecessary fine-print, opinions, rules, as well some bat-shit crazy stuff, like the fever-dream that is the book of revelation. I bet had jesus read the books that followed the gospels he wouldn't have especially appreciated all the content.

Of course, I am of the opinion that it is all mythology and superstition, but christianity (and the world it profoundly impacts) would have been better served if the new testament had ended after Jesus's demise. If jesus existed now he would quite promptly be pumped full of antipsychotics (much like anyone who claims to be the son of god -- because that's just crazy). But what he had to say was somewhat unique for that time and place, and the overall message of bible would have been much nicer had it stopped there.
He said that he was “a” son of God not “the” son of God, referencing Psalm says Alan Watts. Often mistranslated word that changes all meaning and reasonableness.

I believe Jesus was a Buddha (an enlightened being); one of many over the history of humankind.

Another modern day Biblical repeat has existed in a lot of recent choice points I see people presented with. Choice points being that one moment where you make a choice and live with that choice.

Pontius Pilate had a choice point. As the story goes, when Jesus was crucified Pontius Pilate needed it known in history that he did not agree with Jesus being crucified. He had said this man has done nothing wrong and I wash my hands of this. That is an incredible choice point that we all come too at times. You can probably watch all the choice points people are at and at times think that was a shitty choice. But as long as the choice was realized while still in the flesh and a person makes an authentic attempt to right a wrong then that is where the growth would be that we talk about. (called the Law Of Grace) Parents often teach their children a lot of these expected choice points. To be strong in the world while being a human. (at least I hope parents teach their kids this lol) To make damn right choices!! We ourselves rejoice when we see a wise child doing well. We give people Grace when they are authentic and trying.

I notice people thinking it is harmless to do shitty things other people out of cruelness. There have been a lot of choice points for people. They are very important. Pay attention. Your gut (heart) will tell you which way to go. Except for those times I have no idea what to do. lol But I do know I need to follow the Golden Rule.

I am not frigging coming back to this damn planet all. I will follow the rules of Gold!

Love one another......that is the whole of things.

The Kingdom has already come to many.
Some just have not found it yet.

Do not forget that Jesus is the ONLY Lord and SAVIOR
He saved me.
He saved a wretch like me.
Gave me a Heart of Flesh instead of a Heart of Stone.

I find it difficult to understand what the bible is saying most of the time because it's written to make the average person feel small because they can't grasp the language.
Anyway, after listening to lots of channelings of Jesus and asking for his guidance on a few occasions I totally understand what he was about.

Treating everyone the same.

I felt him with me once when I passed a homeless guy in Birmingham. I was in a rush and on the way to do some shopping, as I passed the homeless guy I thought I was doing him a favour by giving him £5, but looking back I wish I'd given him £50 or more. Anyone can end up homeless, I've nearly been there myself.

I felt him with me once when I passed a homeless guy in Birmingham. I was in a rush and on the way to do some shopping, as I passed the homeless guy I thought I was doing him a favour by giving him £5, but looking back I wish I'd given him £50 or more.
You live near Birmingham? Black Country Yam Yam myself ;)
Yeah I've gone begging before in Brum myself & had been there all day & only got a few quid, I was just about to jump the train back home & some random guy gave me a £10 note, it broke me & I nearly cried as I had no food or electric at the time hence why I was begging (I can't get caught shoplifting again or I get 6 months)