• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Official A&E's "Intervention" Thread

I'm halfway through watching "Brad", and it talks about how he did two tours of duty in Iraq for the army.

They cut to this footage of him doing his thing in Iraq, giving a sort of report for the day. I'm trying to figure out if this is supposed to be legit footage or a recreation or what? It's filmed with a tv quality camera, not a hand camera. I mean is it common for soldiers to be giving a half assed report into a tv quality camera while they walk around Iraq? I'm not jumping to the conclusion it's fake but what the deal eh

Pengwin said:
coley was good cause you could see he honestly was a hard working man who loved his kids just had a problem with speed trying to get over his moms death. and it has a happy ending.

i can't remember the guys name but the one about the 4 star restaurant chef turned homeless heroin addict was good

the brother sister one joy (alcoholic) and jason (addicted to coke and alcohol) was very good, jason is probably one of my favorite people to have been on the show. he's a good example of how a really nice friendly person could have a huge struggle with addiction that they try and hide from their friends

a friend of mine grew up with Jason and Joy apparently they're both clean now :)

Random question, does anyone else get completely smashed while watching this show, just because it's so ironic?

I especially like getting shitfaced drunk while they're showing an alcoholic, it makes me giggle.

Lingering Grin said:
Random question, does anyone else get completely smashed while watching this show, just because it's so ironic?

I especially like getting shitfaced drunk while they're showing an alcoholic, it makes me giggle.

Yes, all the time, I get really baked or if I have some opiates its on:D

Lingering Grin said:

8)

Its not so humorous and ironic when you realize you could just as easily wind up like the people they're showing.

Yea, thats whats so funny about it. druggies got a fucked up sense of humor. i was addicted to oxys for a while and loved watchin pill head episodes . not cuz ha ha, youre there and i aint. more like ha ha, Im just as bad as you. but at least i aint about to get intervented on. but then i stopped watchin tv once i became a dope feen

Yea, it's not so much funny because of the person on the show, but more because of the show itself.

Watching anti-drug shows/movies while on drugs is funny. I mean come-on, who HASN'T watched Reefer Madness while completely stoned out of their mind lol

That shit's just funny...

Bardo5 said:
^^ is that the same episode as the meth-addicted artist?

no. Cristy (alcoholic meth girl had her own episode). Fabian was the meth-addicted artist that shared an episode with another meth addict, Dawn.

I totally just thought about that one lady that was homeless and addicted to meth. She would run around with this beaded thing on her head...
"Here puppy puppy..." -to thin air
"I'm sending smoke signals."
" It will return to which it came..."
She was crazy as hell. You got to kinda look and go jeez some of these ppl really did need help, no matter where it came from.

...maybe that was Dawn...

I think the Heroin chef addict was my favorite because he was a nice guy. I don't understand how most of the addicts on the show always have good veins after like 4 + years of shooting up and it's always in same spot. When anyone I know shoots up it's never as smooth and quick as them but maybe everyone I know is doing it wrong lol.

Well the guy from one of tonight's actually died from complications associated with damage to his liver from drinking, can't really fake that. I just can't believe the denial he was in, it was pretty unreal.

fake or not, it's about freakin time society brings up addiction out in the open,I am presently taking a US ADC counselor certification course to become one of those interventionist you see everyweek qnd help run a sober house and i can tell you there is no 2 addicts alike except that they all share the same common denominator: DENIAL!!!! Also,80 percent of addicts suffer from another underlying disorder such as depression,anxiety,bi-polar you name it, therefore it is impossible to gauge the accuracy of their addiction or is it physcological? Anyways if it were100 percent BS, some oscar winners are definetly missing the oscar award shows!!! boulonman

boulonman said:
fake or not, it's about freakin time society brings up addiction out in the open,I am presently taking a US ADC counselor certification course to become one of those interventionist you see everyweek qnd help run a sober house and i can tell you there is no 2 addicts alike except that they all share the same common denominator: DENIAL!!!! Also,80 percent of addicts suffer from another underlying disorder such as depression,anxiety,bi-polar you name it, therefore it is impossible to gauge the accuracy of their addiction or is it physcological? Anyways if it were100 percent BS, some oscar winners are definetly missing the oscar award shows!!! boulonman
Do you have a ba in psych? How are you getting the certification? I just am curious because I have thought of doing this.

OMG! I just saw the Cristy episode for the first time.... That fucking "song" that her dad wrote.... I'd turn to drugs if my dad was that lame...

"My Cristy
She's so witty
and pretty
sometimes misty...."

are you kidding me??!! LMAO!!!! What a tool....

lol out of all her fucked up problems, you're picking on the song?? ;)

she's def my all-time favorite, though... sorta looks like a dirty, more whoreish christina aguilera on... well... on meth.

I havent seen it in awhile, by choice mainly and work though. I just hate catching the one or two episodes where someone is banging something. (Oh I always seem to get them)

The most fucked up episode I remember was the meth/alcoholic/stripper. Who threw spaghetti on her sister, had a 40oz at her intervention and wrote an entire book of math equations to prove she could talk to god or something.

I've met some fucking nuts people in my travels, but she was baaaaad.

Naptown Wicked said:
OMG! I just saw the Cristy episode for the first time.... That fucking "song" that her dad wrote.... I'd turn to drugs if my dad was that lame...

"My Cristy
She's so witty
and pretty
sometimes misty...."

are you kidding me??!! LMAO!!!! What a tool....

no doubt, time to make a new song on how she's pretty on a pole with a meth pipe hanging out of her mouth while his work buddies yell, scream and throw dollar bills at her..:\

But the one after that on Tom the heroin addict, that was pretty sad really. Hard to see what those poor kids, all they really wanted was a dad.