• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

On the Demonisation of Methamphetamine on Bluelight

First responder to tweaker emergencies haha

I could have used you few years back when I was busy staying awake for days driving around town getting federal beefs on my record

I vividly recall the day they came for me

I was busy smoking meth when I heard a loud banging on the door

I of course assumed it was the postal service delivering more meth lol

So I quickly rushed down to the front door and opened it but there's 2 feds standing there

After a short and awkward silence they're like "we know who you are, you're under arrest"

After being yelled at to keep my hands visible at all times (whoops) the arresting officer was like "we're not going to cuff you, you're cool"

During the 'interview' the fed tried getting me to admit to all of the offences (there was a lot) but I thankfully shut my mouth so they only charged me with one incident

When I was being fingerprinted, he was polite enough to offer to call me a cab home or drive me himself, I chose the latter lol

Funny thing is I was clearly high as fuck during the entire process but they didn't release me with any "no drug use" condition

Probably were hoping I would keep getting high and do the same retarded shit again

I could not count the number of times I have interacted with the police while completely high or carrying a decent quantity of drugs. But thankfully I have never been arrested except for 1 stupid DUI charge where I wad stopped drinking hours previously but was still just over the limit when tested when driving off on the only road out of town.

Closest I came was in a raid on a dealer’s house where I managed to get my baggie up my ass about 30 seconds before the police came through the door. Fortunately we don’t have no-knock warrants around here.

It’s amazing how many people I know though who get charged mainly as a result of not just speaking and responding respectfully to the officers at the time. Being a dickhead = probably cause and usually results in an extended search or swab test of you, your car, or your house that could easily have been avoided.

My son had a fuck the cops attitude and within a couple of months of when he started smoking dope at 15 he had his first official warning from them. Within about a year he’d gotten the maximum possible two more and then gotten his first charge (which cost me something like $5k to fix). I gave him the benefit of my wisdom and even described the times I had (in my youth) avoided getting drugs charges. Wouldn’t listen.

The bizarre thing was the cops kinda liked him, saw his potential, let him skate a couple of times, tried to find diversion programs and training programs he could get into after school (like basketball coached by a fellow cop or driving lessons from another one)v - yet his response was always “cops are cunts”.

It’s amazing how many people I know though who DO NOT get charged mainly as a result of not just speaking and responding respectfully to the officers at the time. Being a dickhead = probably cause and usually results in an extended search or swab test of you, your car, or your house that could easily have been avoided.
Just an observation. Pretty sure you meant the above no? :unsure:

Just an observation. Pretty sure you meant the above no? :unsure:
No. It was tortured grammar on my part though. The point was I have often seen people charged simply because they were rude or abusive to cops when they were carrying drugs on them or even caught using drugs.

If they had acted politely the cops would have just given them the evil eye and moved on. But cause they acted like a dickhead the cops took it to the next level and decided they had ‘reasonable suspicion’ of a crime and proceeded to search the person, vehicle, or house.

Classic example I was in a house where someone made a noise complaint and the cops turned up and instead of just apologising amd turning down the music the house owner arced up about his cunt neughbour reporting him again and didn’t the cops have real crimes to investigate etc etc.

Next thing you know the cops are in the living room and he’s got a charge for possession of drug paraphanalia (ice pipe and scales and empty baggies). Which the cops would have known was in the house (becuase guy a known tweaker) and chosen to ignore until the guy was a dick.

Another time I was with a guy given a ‘move along order’ by the cops after an altercatoon with staff in a pub - which just means move 500 m (i think) away from the licenced premises we were in. He starts arguing his rights with the police and next thing he’s getting patted down only to reveal a few grams of ice in one sock and his pipe in the other.

Fucking numbskulls.

I’ve used meth on & off for a long time. I'd been mostly abstinent since 2013 when I picked it back up in 2018 (in order to meet the impossible demands of being a mother with a career in the US) and I used nearly every day until October 2019 when I became pregnant with my third child. I abstained until August 2020 and since then have used a quarter to half gram every day.

For 12 of the past 16 months, I worked for an anti-drug organization heading up a program at the local jail providing peer recovery support and case management services to people incarcerated there. I met with hundreds of people one-on-one in the jail and helped them access treatment (if that’s what they wanted) and overcome any barriers to recovery, from meeting their basic needs upon release to providing transportation to probation to getting them into sober living. In some cases, I was able to help them secure early release or court-ordered treatment as an alternative sentence. Over ¾ of my clients struggled with addiction to meth and the things I saw and heard… Truly, the ways in which meth addiction (and our criminal justice system’s response to it) destroys lives is innumerable.

There was a drug class operated by the church at the jail that was basically a joke. For a while there was a moral reconation therapy (MRT) program that flopped. And our local mental health system has run a program for years that employs case managers to coordinate treatment for folks at the jail, but despite the incredible need, participation had been low and their service uptake rate was less than 15% (less than 15% of those enrolled actually made it to treatment or engaged in community-based services). In our second month, we saw more of our clients enter treatment than they had the entire previous year, with a fraction of their manpower and resources.

Why? It was the peer support. As their peers who shared our own experiences and listened to theirs without judgement, clients generally felt they could be open/straight up with us, which positioned us to really understand where they were in order to meet them there, even the few who were disingenuous - gave me a trap house address in their reentry plan or asked me to contact the bondsman I know full-well has a meth habit on their behalf, etc. – we could recognize that and meet them where they were. I made sure every client knew that while I was confident in their ability to achieve the goals for recovery they’d set for themselves, our help wasn’t contingent on their sobriety. Those who weren’t ready to quit, I made sure they understood the risks of overdose when coming out of jail, had access to naloxone and fentanyl testing strips, knew how to have 100 syringes shipped to them for under $15, etc. We were overwhelmed by the response and had to hire several more peers.

I left the position recently to refocus my efforts on criminal justice reform, but the program is still going strong, wildly successful. I guess I was a bit longwinded getting to it, but my point is that what everyone is doing here is incredibly important and if the answer to every query about using meth safely is “don’t,” then people will just stop asking. I’m sure y’all know that folks who receive harm reduction services are more likely to engage in treatment and to stop using drugs, so if you’re hellbent on people not using meth in the long term and the only thing you have to say is “drugs are bad, mmkay”, best thing you could do, probably, is just keep it to yourself and defer to those able to respond constructively.

I’ve used meth on & off for a long time. I'd been mostly abstinent since 2013 when I picked it back up in 2018 (in order to meet the impossible demands of being a mother with a career in the US) and I used nearly every day until October 2019 when I became pregnant with my third child. I abstained until August 2020 and since then have used a quarter to half gram every day.

For 12 of the past 16 months, I worked for an anti-drug organization heading up a program at the local jail providing peer recovery support and case management services to people incarcerated there. I met with hundreds of people one-on-one in the jail and helped them access treatment (if that’s what they wanted) and overcome any barriers to recovery, from meeting their basic needs upon release to providing transportation to probation to getting them into sober living. In some cases, I was able to help them secure early release or court-ordered treatment as an alternative sentence. Over ¾ of my clients struggled with addiction to meth and the things I saw and heard… Truly, the ways in which meth addiction (and our criminal justice system’s response to it) destroys lives is innumerable.

There was a drug class operated by the church at the jail that was basically a joke. For a while there was a moral reconation therapy (MRT) program that flopped. And our local mental health system has run a program for years that employs case managers to coordinate treatment for folks at the jail, but despite the incredible need, participation had been low and their service uptake rate was less than 15% (less than 15% of those enrolled actually made it to treatment or engaged in community-based services). In our second month, we saw more of our clients enter treatment than they had the entire previous year, with a fraction of their manpower and resources.

Why? It was the peer support. As their peers who shared our own experiences and listened to theirs without judgement, clients generally felt they could be open/straight up with us, which positioned us to really understand where they were in order to meet them there, even the few who were disingenuous - gave me a trap house address in their reentry plan or asked me to contact the bondsman I know full-well has a meth habit on their behalf, etc. – we could recognize that and meet them where they were. I made sure every client knew that while I was confident in their ability to achieve the goals for recovery they’d set for themselves, our help wasn’t contingent on their sobriety. Those who weren’t ready to quit, I made sure they understood the risks of overdose when coming out of jail, had access to naloxone and fentanyl testing strips, knew how to have 100 syringes shipped to them for under $15, etc. We were overwhelmed by the response and had to hire several more peers.

I left the position recently to refocus my efforts on criminal justice reform, but the program is still going strong, wildly successful. I guess I was a bit longwinded getting to it, but my point is that what everyone is doing here is incredibly important and if the answer to every query about using meth safely is “don’t,” then people will just stop asking. I’m sure y’all know that folks who receive harm reduction services are more likely to engage in treatment and to stop using drugs, so if you’re hellbent on people not using meth in the long term and the only thing you have to say is “drugs are bad, mmkay”, best thing you could do, probably, is just keep it to yourself and defer to those able to respond constructively.
Outstanding first post! Welcome to Bluelight.

Bravo Ursus, if it wasn’t so late, I’d long wind you back with another goal story from another perspective.

Yey for you, I understand and condone your decision to medicate yourself as it obviously helped you & had a positive impact on your ability to work hard. I smoked about the same as you for years, but then I started low dose ingesting 40mg upon waking, maybe a top up at lunch. Had a few days off here & there, 1g lasted forever……no pipes in the house though!

Atm however, I am fucking not loving it,……..8 months ago informally diagnosed adhd so understood why I loved and was dependent on meth, but said okay I’ll stop till my formal diagnosis……fuck me, talk about inability to get going, be on top of housework, everything was hard, I was emotional, hated leaving tbe house, I wasn’t depressed, just didn’t/couldn’t get out of bed, bed was my office.

But one of the worst things was, my mind isn’t as calm, I have “outed myself” to a few people, my shrink, and a few friends to try to validate my shame and bring the secret part of me back. But that part that I hid, the meth part, well it kept the other part cool/functioning. Now that she’s out, it’s crazy, she’s the ( now diagnosed adhd) bit that I was always told, since day dot, especially by my parents, that waa too loud, talked too much, interrupted, lacked self control, gets carried away, impulsive, not at all malicious, but kinda naughty, bit funny naughty, actually fucking fabulously crazy funny naughty, like a bloody movie. Ahh I digress, but one story comes to mind when I was about 13, and I was showing a couple of friends at school my tae Kwon do prowess (not), just outside the staff room, on a 2story down pipe, well the whole fucking thing came crashing down, I swear I didn’t even kick it that hard, but well you can imagine big trouble, but fucking hilarious in hindsight.

So anyway, that’s the part that I think needed the meth, and bloody I can see why, she’s full on! So I’m like back together, so to speak, and out of the closet, so to speak again, but I fucking liked it better the other way, the old way. I thought that this was going to be really good, like a relief, free from shame & guilt. Anyway, no meth, stupid Vyvance prescribed which makes me more nervous and I feel like a underachieving over compensating dickhead with low self esteem!! Wtf?? Bizarre,

Ahh so I’d love to get some meth, I want to feel normal, but fuck it, surely I can keep dreaming about being prescribed desoxyn…..interesting after studying Psychedelic assisted therapy earlier in the year, and always loving taking drugs recreationally but not like social party scene, more like getting creative, taking portraits at my studio, people love having a sick shot of themselves, lots of crazy self portraits, music, dancing, doing house work in sergio Rossi high heels….and undies & singlet, journaling, the stories in my head, I blew my own mind sometimes, imagination, reality, I felt at home on drugs, but hey I worked really fucking hard and that kind of shit went with the territory in my industry. I also have been on a 30 year quest to help my alcoholic pot smoking addict bro who with his delusions of grandeur, is either in massive denial, or suffers from anosognosia! But it was to no avail, and I certainly learnt a lot about myself along the way. I’m doing assisted plant medicine therapy next week, fuck I don’t want to start that fucking game again, oh the $ & scoring, what a drag that is!

So my intention for the session is something like “come the fuck on, and please show me grace and calm please” …..haha, can’t wait to see what curve balls I’ll be thrown there, I often get a good laugh out of myself….., um but maybe it’s not funny really.

Fingers crossed I get something out of shutting of my default network. But back to you Ursus, I loved you post, and please have a pipe for me! Xx

I guess I was a bit longwinded
Oh, meth…

Seriously though, thank you for sharing that wonderful post and for being honest about your responsible, recreational drug-use as well as patterns of non-use. I love that you work professionally to help people with drug abuse issues and on justice system reform while at the same time being a good example of someone who uses drugs responsibly, like any adult human should if they decide to use drugs.

It’s gonna take a lot more of us stepping forward with this kind of candor while looking out for each other under public scrutiny, but the drug war won’t end until public opinion changes. When enough Americans demand an end to drug prohibition after seeing examples of responsible use and testimony of same, the tide will eventually change and this stupid-ass, so-called “war” can be over finally. Meanwhile…

if it wasn’t so late, I’d long wind you back with another goal story from another perspective. …
That was the short version? ;)

EDIT: btw, @Whatstheuse I’m just giving you a hard time out of a sense of camaraderie. I read your post and feel your pain, FWIW

What ROA did you usually use?

It’s gonna take a lot more of us stepping forward with this kind of candor while looking out for each other under public scrutiny, but the drug war won’t end until public opinion changes. When enough Americans demand an end to drug prohibition after seeing examples of responsible use and testimony of same, the tide will eventually change and this stupid-ass, so-called “war” can be over finally. Meanwhile…
I don’t think we can expect people who use drugs to out themselves publicly for the sake of stigma reduction as long as long as the risks include loss of liberty, parental rights, employment, etc. Much public stigma stems from (and is reinforced by) criminalization, but I don’t know about public stigma being the primary factor driving punitive drug policy. Despite the huge shift in public opinion on marijuana use, people are still being arrested for possession every day.

Just to decriminalize use in the US may take everyone who has a stake - leadership in corrections, criminal justice, behavioral health, public health, racial justice, etc. - doing the right thing and calling for drug policy based on evidence. Something else would need to take root to end prohibition altogether, I think, like a pervasive challenge to the idea that drug use is inherently amoral and should always be condemned. Policy makers and advocates can change the public's perceptions of drugs and people who use them by providing reliable and consistent information, but we don't have an abundance of that on drug use in the US, so I think the ball’s in the hands of researchers, academic institutions, and funders rn. I read an interesting article recently delving into that – Developing a Transformative Drug Policy Research Agenda in the United States (2019)

"What has been missing in the U.S. is a research agenda that attempts to address the systemic, fundamental fallacies of the prohibitionist framework. Despite the emergence of research contesting reductionist notions of drugs and people who use them—more broadly outside of the U.S. but also as a minority voice within U.S. research - dominant drug policy discourse in the U.S. continues to impede complex understanding of drug-related issues, perpetuating a research culture that confirms normative assumptions that drugs are a threat and precludes alternative knowledges and more holistic research programs. To make more effective interventions in the widespread effects of prohibitionist thinking, Taylor (2016) calls for a “collective action by critical scholars to contest these damaging processes,” for scholars to move forward with innovative research agendas and for scholars to “go public” even when they risk being “othered” and devalued."

This part highlights another reason why what’s going on at bluelight is so important:

"Too much drug research employs assumptions and thinking shaped by criminalization and stigma by researchers with little experience with drugs and/or exposure to people who use drugs. Research should involve stakeholders as investigators (people who use drugs, community members, etc.) across the spectrum from research design and data collection to analysis and dissemination of findings. Among the potential benefits of such inclusion are to identify areas for research unseen by people who do not use drugs, disabuse the research community of such mischaracterizations, and lift the silence on talking freely about illegal drug use practices—especially with regard to pleasure—and as a matter of social justice."

Last edited: