• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oral morphine nausea.

nznity

Bluelighter
Hey,
Ok so most of you know I used to inject morphine everyday for nearly a decade. I stopped iving 2 years ago but since I had that fatidical accident that left me disabled I've started using morphine again but this time for actual pain management and not to get high(well maybe I use it as an antidepressant aswell so I don't go fucking insane).
So it's been like 3 months since I've been using morphine orally, currently taking 90-150mg a day. Well the thing is I've been experiencing this continous nausea that lingers all fkn day and it's starting to get bloody annoying because my appetite is practically non existent and I feel awful most of the time. This never happened with IV morphine, in fact with iv the rush was beautiful, I'd get hungry and it'd fade into marvelous waves of pleasure.
Nowadays, I crush the pills with my teeth(which taste disgusting) and it comes up into a very itchy and a feeling as if I was seasick...nevertheless they are fucking awesome for pain so I don't wanna stop using them.

Ok so, to not extend this any longer my questions are:
Does anyone else experience this or has anyone experienced this before?
Is there any pill I could take maybe with the morphine to lessen this feeling/effect?
Maybe some antiemetic medication?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
fresh ginger is pretty potent antiemetic

weed always helped with my opioid nausea

opioids always made me nauseous no matter how much tolerance I had

Most OTC antihistamines or anticholinergics have significant antiemetic properties. I’d probably try meclizine. If symptoms persist you might consider speaking to your physician about something stronger like ondansetron.

Yeah nznity
orall morphine was always the hardest opiate on my gut too
I drank tons of ginger tea alongside ...

Most OTC antihistamines or anticholinergics have significant antiemetic properties. I’d probably try meclizine. If symptoms persist you might consider speaking to your physician about something stronger like ondansetron.
Errhm... I'm getting the pills from the black market xddd physicians only prescribe tramadol for acute pain here ( peru). Thry only prescribe oxy or morphine to ppl who have cancer. 🤦🏼
Although, I can get any antiemetic without prescription. Which one should I try? Ondansetron?

Yeah nznity
orall morphine was always the hardest opiate on my gut too
I drank tons of ginger tea alongside ...
Yeah, it's weird cause when I was iving morphine ampoules the effects were lush and I wouldn't get this constant nauseous feeling.

Ondansetron (Zofran) is prescription only, as is promethazine/phenergan, but antihistamines like diphenhydramine and meclizine or dimenhydrinate and the like are fairly efficacious antiemetics.

Yeah, it's weird cause when I was iving morphine ampoules the effects were lush and I wouldn't get this constant nauseous feeling.
Ur stomach is maybe sensitive to one of the fillers or binders in the morphine pills if ya felt ok on the injectable amps. Dunno but it's a possibility

Opiates bind to receptors in the gut as well as in the brain, and morphine is particularly notable for causing nausea. If you dose it IV or any non-oral route, it doesn't bind to the gut receptors. That's why it produces more nausea orally. Ginger can definitely help

Ondansetron should add to the sedation of the morphine the least compared to things like promethazine, domperidone, or antihistamines.

It has a similar mechanism of action to the chemicals in ginger, but stronger and better pharmacokinetic properties.

But it's really your call if you want to minimize or maximize sedation.

Ondansetron (Zofran) is prescription only, as is promethazine/phenergan, but antihistamines like diphenhydramine and meclizine or dimenhydrinate and the like are fairly efficacious antiemetics.
Not in peru xD I csn get lyrica, tramadol and benzodiazepines OTC here so I don't think it'd be a problem to get ondansetron otc aswell.

Yeah, as others have said, for prescriptions I'd shoot for zofran, diphenhydramine, or maybe hydroxyzine as they all help with nausea.

But when it comes to natural remedies, ginger is probably best, helps me out a lot.

Whattttttttt???!?!?!!!! You can get benzos over the counter?! What kind can you get?
Not just benzos...pregabalin and tramadol. If I want morphine or oxy I can get the pills delivered to my doorstep. Also morphine ampoules for injection, ketamine, midazolam and even pharma fentanyl....all of em pure pharmaceutical grade. The advantage of living in the 3rd world 😉.
P.S Alprazolam, clonazepam, bromazepam, flunitrazepam, lorazepam and ofc diazepam. Sigh*

Whattttttttt???!?!?!!!! You can get benzos over the counter?! What kind can you get?
I can buy a box of 200 alprazolam 0.5mg for less than *NO PRICING* but I like clonazepam more than it. 2mg clonaz Is sweet, I take from 4-8mg depending on the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can buy a box of 200 alprazolam 0.5mg for less than 5$ but I like clonazepam more than it. 2mg clonaz Is sweet, I take from 4-8mg depending on the day.
think i got you confused with someone that said dont take benzos, i thought you were broke, even NO PRICING is alot when you dont have money, trippy

Last edited:
think i got you confused with someone that said dont take benzos, i thought you were broke, even 4.99 is alot when you dont have money, trippy
Nobody should ever take benzos unless they really need to and I really effin DO. Trust me, I REALLY REALLY NEED THEM. xd

I can buy a box of 200 alprazolam 0.5mg for less than *NO PRICING* but I like clonazepam more than it. 2mg clonaz Is sweet, I take from 4-8mg depending on the day.
Don't forget, price discussion isn't something we do on Bluelight.

Morphine gives nausea often.like sideeffect for me too.that',s why some priscrebed alternatives like oxy or sort