Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • Current Events & Politics Moderators: Nurse Ratched | Cheshire_Kat

Environment Our planet is damaged beyond repair v. Let's destroy another one

Jerry Atrick

Sr. Moderator: TDS
Staff member
Litter, garbage, trash- whatever you want to call it, has already been found on Mars. Do you Elon Musk types really believe we as the human species should be wasting our time trying to inhabit another planet when we can't even take care of our own? Do we really believe the results will be any different?

mars-trash.jpg

mars-trash2.jpg

6am-64-14m

Moderator: H&R
Staff member
Do we really believe the results will be any different?
Not a Musker but in my opinion, observation and experience? Human destroys everyything they touch all the while believing they are progressing. Talk about delusional.
We should keep our viral asses put and die in our filth and diseases. Just my opinion.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
I'm torn, personally. On the one hand, there is nothing more fascinating and exciting that I can think of than exploring space and other planets. If we could find another habitable planet, I would give almost anything to be able to see it, or at least see pictures. Finding other life in the universe and seeing it and comparing and contrasting it to Earth life is 100% the most cool and amazing thing I can think of.

On the other hand, it would be tragedy to unleash humans on another planet so we could fuck it up and pillage it like we have this one.

Shady's Fox

Bluelighter
Palm trees & sea, just walkin along the beach.
if you think about it we flipped everything over like ok voyager 1/2 are the bravest thing humanity ever and will ever do but we contaminated the space and i dont wanna hear about nasa deep soemhow powder inside but isn't powder or it was decontamined before bro this shit fired up from here ok

i've also read somewhere that the 3rd earth pole is melting and by 2030'ish, the est/west gonna run into water issues.

Jerry Atrick

Staff member
Not a Musker but in my opinion, observation and experience? Human destroys everyything they touch all the while believing they are progressing. Talk about delusional.
We should keep our viral asses put and die in our filth and diseases. Just my opinion.
Agreed. I should have worded it differently because one doesn't have to be a Musker to see the excitement of inhabiting another planet. But yes, delusional.

Last edited:

Jerry Atrick

Staff member
I'm torn, personally. On the one hand, there is nothing more fascinating and exciting that I can think of than exploring space and other planets. If we could find another habitable planet, I would give almost anything to be able to see it, or at least see pictures. Finding other life in the universe and seeing it and comparing and contrasting it to Earth life is 100% the most cool and amazing thing I can think of.

On the other hand, it would be tragedy to unleash humans on another planet so we could fuck it up and pillage it like we have this one.
I see what you are saying about the fascinating aspects of exploring the Final Frontier of outer space. While I believe there is other life out there, I can't help but also believe they may not be benevolent toward our species so I'd rather keep them at arm's length. IOW let them come to us rather than us going to find them. lol

My main issue is that people like Musk and Bezos and the Virgin guy all have hard ons for space yet could do so many good things for Mother Earth with the money they are spending, and getting from the gov't, for their hobbies and that it sickens me. I think Bezos recently got a $10B subsidy for his space project as if he can't afford to pay for it himself. Think of how much good just $10B could do if it was directed toward world hunger, homelessness, or other green investments.

There are so many moderate bipartisan politicians who balk at finding the money to pay for things like universal healthcare or absolving student debt but they don't bat an eyelash at spending our tax dollars on _____________ fill in the blank.

xaddictx

Bluelighter

Mother Earth is going to slowly turn on us for what we're doing to her. Shes gonna rid us like a dog shakes off water.

Neuroborean

Bluelighter
There's different types of biological interactions in Nature, it's quite clear that we are not in the "healthy and good for the other" types of interactions,
we are more similar to parasites or even worse parasitoids.. than anything else, but well, it happens because the Elites are parasitic... not necessarily because we are this or that.
We could perfectly be mutualists, evolve to be that, wouldn't be difficult with the proper societal and environmental conscience
I don't think we should even dare to go outside of Earth till we found the way to be mutualists.

Jerry Atrick

Staff member
There's different types of biological interactions in Nature, it's quite clear that we are not in the "healthy and good for the other" types of interactions,
we are more similar to parasites or even worse parasitoids.. than anything else, but well, it happens because the Elites are parasitic... not necessarily because we are this or that.
We could perfectly be mutualists, evolve to be that, wouldn't be difficult with the proper societal and environmental conscience
I don't think we should even dare to go outside of Earth till we found the way to be mutualists.
matrix-human-cancer.gif

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Spending quadrillions to navigate a super uninhabitable void, in order to reach a distant uninhabitable location, while watching our paradise get flushed.

I mean what’s idiot crazy about that plan.. I know there has always been criticism to “big ideas”. The thing is most of them have been right.

Let’s all figure all the ways to right the earth and start wandering that way if possible.

Last edited:

Mjäll

Bluelighter
I must say i'm not a fan of absurd anti-human attitudes among humans.

We are part of it like the rest. Just a more complex interaction. The unknown always looms. Now we're part of it.

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
Spending quadrillions to navigate a super uninhabitable void, in order to reach a distant uninhabitable location, while watching our paradise get flushed.

I mean what’s idiot crazy about that plan.. I know there has always been criticism to “big ideas”. The thing is most of them have been right.

Let’s all figure all the ways to right the earth and start wandering that way if possible.
Space is a sham, the governments know it, other that having the ability to attack from high up the whole “ space” thing is essentially a money printing plant, but that money not be used for the people obviously

Mjäll

Bluelighter
We are a cancer on the earth, be real

Real is what i was being. Real is being on one's own team and not pretending to empathize with the whole world just to vent some angst from a superior angle.

Using hyperbolic metaphors does not build your case. Humanity for sure has certain similarities with cancer in the severity of our disruptive activity. However, the only reason we care for earth and other species is because our own survival depends on it. Demonizing ourselves can only serve to further hate and discord. It is defeatism.

A very absurd and flimsy position to take.

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
Real is what i was being. Real is being on one's own team and not pretending to empathize with the whole world just to vent some angst.

Using hyperbolic metaphors does not build your case. Humanity for sure has certain similarities with cancer in the severity of our disruptive activity. However, the only reason we care for earth and other species is because our own survival depends on it. Demonizing ourselves can only serve to further hate and discord. It is defeatism.

A very absurd and flimsy position to take.
It’s the truth, when you step away from your “team” it’s pretty clear cut

Mjäll

Bluelighter
It’s the truth, when you step away from your “team” it’s pretty clear cut

What do you hope to achieve by speaking ill about humans, to humans? It will not solve anything.

Everyone knows the environmental problem. Adding an anti-human sentiment is simply a case of exploiting a dire situation to proclaim some grander truth for oneself. We don't need this self-loathing in order to gain the global perspective. It is simply knowledge.

Humanity has great capacity for beauty and if humanity wasn't around there would be no one to harbour absurd anti-human sentiments either.

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
What do you hope to achieve by speaking ill about humans, to humans? It will not solve anything.

Everyone knows the environmental problem. Adding an anti-human sentiment is simply a case of exploiting a dire situation to proclaim some grander truth for oneself. We don't need this self-loathing in order to gain the global perspective. It is simply knowledge.

Humanity has great capacity for beauty and if humanity wasn't around there would be no one to harbour absurd anti-human sentiments either.
I don’t understand your point m, your saying humans are a cancer but just don’t say it out loud ? Seems like a pretty silly position to take

Mjäll

Bluelighter
I don’t understand your point m, your saying humans are a cancer but just don’t say it out loud ? Seems like a pretty silly position to take

No i never said humans are a cancer.

I partially ceded your point, looking for a constructive discourse. You're clearly not interested, just as might be expected of an anti-human human.

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
No i never said humans are a cancer.

I partially ceded your point, looking for a constructive discourse. You're clearly not interested, just as might be expected of an anti-human human.
I’m not anti human, I just choose to see the world and humanity for what it is…