• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: mal3volent | birdup
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Covid-19 Outbreak of new SARS-like coronavirus (Covid-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
this seems like a non sequitor - i wonder if a post was removed.

what on earth are you talking about?

alasdair
It was a response to the Wizard’s apparent assertion that no stray flock will actually need rounding up because we will inevitably all succumb eventually by not making the right decisions now or in time.

I may very well have missed the actual meaning but it was very sarcastic and patronising I would argue in tone and prose, so I was admittedly reading between lines a bit there. That’s just what it appeared to mean, having observed a growing contempt for and fury with those who still say no from the member recently too.

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
to me, your 'might happen' talk of concentration camps for unvaxxed/antivax citizens is irresponsible fear-mongering.

alasdair
Well, okay, but come on. Are you really saying that remark is going to actually instil fear into anyone? I mean, what level of influence at all do I personally have here? Not much not any really.

Now I’ll admit, I’m not proud of how I have conducted myself on occasions recently.

There’s no excuse. But making people afraid is not something I aspire to truthfully.
It is not at all off the cards in terms of probability and possibility, eventually, for that sector of society to be completely excluded from, blocked access to all aspects of modern society.

One shift at a time. Things have moved very quickly. Stigma has been driven in an unexpected but not really I guess way for me personally.

And there is seemingly growing hatred, objection to, and distaste towards….

It’s growing increasingly popular, again it seems, to strongly support the notion of denying unvaxxed Covid patients into hospitals.

Which I don’t object to actually. Because I’ve no faith in the hospital’s way of treating it. I can honestly do a far better job at home, as I did, and many like minded people just not on this forum are too.

But the anger in some now, the protest and demand. I do envisage potentially, as incrementally lawful access to society is reduced, to the furthest extreme.

Well that is a pretty extreme scenario, who nobody would have envisaged before all this, well many would, likely did, but that’s a separate matter.

So where does it stop? Okay I used an unpopular and extreme example. Because that would be the potential end line.

It concerns me that the unjabbed have not stopped loving their fellow human being, regardless of jab status, but there is a cultural fear and actual hate as result of anger towards the non compilers. This concerns me, it could, would surely grow.

Especially if the eventually excluded outsiders were really painted as the greatest, number one, and only real threat to life and society, beyond Climate Change, going forward.

I wish I had more faith in people’s humanity. This is what I’m reacting to, the scorn, protest, growing outright condemnation. Hence me going over.

I am sorry for nerves which were touched.

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
well, things are both absolute and relative.

i think we should try to stick to facts where possible. this is not a left/right, vax/antivax issue for me - people across the spectrum of this issue are misrepresenting, misinforming, inflaming and so on.

i'd ask you to consider what's the contribution to the dialog of a statement suggesting that the government might round up the unvaccinated and put them on concentration camps? if you have evidence to suggest it will happen, present it.

you've told us, on more than one occasion, that the truth is important to you. how do you reconcile these two?

It concerns me that the unjabbed have not stopped loving their fellow human being, regardless of jab status

not my experience at all. i've seen vitriol, from unvaccinated people, in the direction of the vaccinated. it goes both ways.

alasdair

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
I can actually accept that. Except I’ve seen it more as criticism, and indeed mockery, neither I support or have intentionally projected.

But not exactly hatred, nor the same manner of fear at all either if any actually.

Personally, I’ve no negative emotions to anybody in relation to their societal class ranking.

I used that term, because this is a crux aspect of it to me. The willing to be jabbed are not seen as a lower class within the structure of society, nor are likely to be, in terms of rights and plain human worth.

But this is the precise angle I see the potential danger developing, a lower class of citizens, which if firmly established and identified, may well lead to further stigmatising, outcasting, complete lack of care for with full belief it’s fair and humane.

I’m not an extremist touting for extremist ideologies. I oppose them. Hence my objection to the hatred and gross divide on both sides I’ll admit, because I still treat my friends, neighbours and all with the same respect and care I always have.

I can’t argue this with you. I don’t intend to annoy, aggravate, infuriate. I care again, about all people. I do care about the truth. I will not, again not, stand by and repeat any single thing I know to be a lie.

I won’t save face one bit if you get me, I’ll come clean the moment I discoverI was very wrong on whatever in question.

I hope to on time, to whatever degree I can. The fullest would be my wish.

I’m just arguing for my own seen good cause. I’m not nearly alone on that.

I’m just antagonisingly vocal and loudmouth, in the wrong crowd essentially.

I will really try and stay out of here for my own better mental health and the appreciation of many I’m sure, but you have all been decent and cool and polite as I’ve tried to be mostly myself.

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
@cduggles sorry I am still having glitches with text being deleted when I leave a page, not every time though.

I’m pretty stoned and overtired, so I posted that above I was going to add something else I am quite excited about actually but couldn’t recount my message atm so…

Drugs for the times- END times lol (not seriously, I hope, but I’ll take what comes).

LSD is heading out fast right now for me, but here a more appropriate candidate, for “these” times at least:

Plus @cduggles I am sorry my off key connotating remark grated on you, to put it one way. I’ll say that genuinely but no more on it.

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
I won’t save face one bit if you get me, I’ll come clean the moment I discoverI was very wrong on whatever in question.

the government is not herding the unvaccinated into concentration camps. you are wrong.

but they might you say?

ok, here's an experiment.

i think you might be a pedophile. obviously that means you might not be. but you might be.

i'll stop thinking you might be a pedophile, and i'll come clean, the moment i discover i was wrong...

:(

alasdair

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
the government is not herding the unvaccinated into concentration camps. you are wrong.

but they might you say?

ok, here's an experiment.

i think you might be a pedophile. obviously that means you might not be. but you might be.

i'll stop thinking you might be a pedophile, and i'll come clean, the moment i discover i was wrong...

:(

alasdair
I’m not speaking though about current, ongoing practise, at all, and I really hope not ever.

It was more along the lines of conceived worst case possibility.

You will likely be able to come back at me whatever I verbalise on this now for sure, and don’t take that wrong, I appreciate where you are coming from always and feel no bother or offence.

I’m not trying to win this argument. I just made that reference, ill advised in retrospect, I’ve tried to answer why. If I’m guilty, I’m guilty.

Kaden_Nite

Bluelight Crew
Opinion: Channel 9 News is sensationalist and unprofessional in their finger pointing.

New South Wales (Australian state) government didn't do enough to contain a small outbreak, now they are going over the top in trying to contain what has become a large outbreak.

That guy coughing covid all over the place deserves a lot more than a fine though. Some people are sick in more ways than one.

6am-64-14m

Bluelight Crew
I dont even think we talkin about the pretzel anymore we done steered to the politics of all this bullshit. Yeah, I get that it is potentially deadly but gotdam how much fuckin drama gotta be built on this? MFs on both side pushing as hard as they can with all te resources they can gather and we stuck in the middle looking confused as fuck waiting on that bullet to the dome.
We are fucked, brothers and sisters! Unless you release all mobile devices from any and all security locks and ship them to me next day air for safe keeping we are DOOOOOOMED!

after remittence of tax title fees services digital or analog format kinkos or ups black sabbath or ravel we got you!

Status
Not open for further replies.