• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy and Hydrocodone

Sydney Carton

Bluelighter
Good evening fellow intoxicant users,

I have a 10mg script for oxy. I run out because I take too many on weekends. I bought hydrochodone to help withdrawals. That'll work, right? Both opiates? Also, for future reference, can you take oxy and hydro at same time?

Thanks and may your pursuit of happiness be fruitful
Sydney

Yes hydrocodone should stop withdrawals completely be aware that oxy is about 1.5x more potent than hydrocodone so you may have to adjust your dose. It's fine to take them together if you don't exceed a total opiate dose that is safe for your tolerance, but there's no benefit to mixing them either.

Also be careful of your APAP intake because besides the very rare exceptions hydrocodone pills always have some amount of acetaminophen in them. APAP poisoning is a painful way to die and I don't think there is an antidote so don't take more than 3000-4000mg of APAP per 24 hours.

I was an oxy/hydro addict for a few years. I used them interchangeably, but I MUCH preferred oxy for its more energizing properties. Also my oxy connect was acetaminophen-free, whereas the hydros were 10/325s.
But to prevent WDs, they were pretty much 1:1 and reliable.

but I MUCH preferred oxy for its more energizing properties. Also my oxy connect was acetaminophen-free, whereas the hydros were 10/325s.
Interesting, I keep reading about the oxys being more stimulating than other opioids. I never had access to it (besides some truly overpriced deep web offers), just know morphine and methadone from the prescription opioids and indeed did I miss energizing properties when using them for days in a row.

Hydro always makes me want to clean the kitchen or something, while oxy makes me want to lay on the couch feeling good with heavy eyes. I only use either one half a dozen times a year tho, so my tolerance is low.

be careful with oxycodone...it's a fake opiate. narcan won't bring you back if you take too much. and as someone else said, be careful with the acetaminophen. there's usually 325mg in EACH oxy and hydro. which means taking 3 puts you at the maximum you can take at one time. and taking 12 in a day would be the maximum allowance of acetaminophen per day. acetaminophen poisoning is NO joke. I've been hospitalized for it before. it wrecks your body. luckily, I had no permanent liver damage. but some people aren't so lucky.
good luck :)

be careful with oxycodone...it's a fake opiate. narcan won't bring you back if you take too much. and as someone else said, be careful with the acetaminophen. there's usually 325mg in EACH oxy and hydro. which means taking 3 puts you at the maximum you can take at one time. and taking 12 in a day would be the maximum allowance of acetaminophen per day. acetaminophen poisoning is NO joke. I've been hospitalized for it before. it wrecks your body. luckily, I had no permanent liver damage. but some people aren't so lucky.
wtf are you talking about? oxycodone is not a "fake opiate" it's a synthetic opioid like dilaudid or any other number of compounds. it's effects are mediated by activity at the mu opioid receptor. Narcan ABSOLUTELY will work in the case of an oxycodone overdose. see this paper, which clearly states that oxycodone causes "naloxone responsive coma" : https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23023890/

Oxycodone is not a fake opiate it's a semi-synthetic opioid made from Thebaine and so is hydrocodone, hydromorpone, and oxymorphone.

wtf are you talking about? oxycodone is not a "fake opiate" it's a synthetic opioid like dilaudid or any other number of compounds. it's effects are mediated by activity at the mu opioid receptor. Narcan ABSOLUTELY will work in the case of an oxycodone overdose. see this paper, which clearly states that oxycodone causes "naloxone responsive coma" : https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23023890/
Well, you didn’t have to be so rude. I wasn’t saying this maliciously. I had the wrong information. Someone told me narcan won’t work with oxycodone. I guess she knew someone it didn’t work on, but there must have been more to it.
You certainly don’t have to be a dick about it.

okay okay.........it's all good. Right?

Oxy isn't fake and yes narcan will reverse an overdose.

Just because it is a synthetic ( man made in a lab instead of naturally from the poppy ) doesn't mean it isn't a real opioid and the only thing narcan needs triple the dose for is fentanyl. Maybe a quadruple dose. Fent's a bitch to OD on but all the other popular opioids will respond to usually one narcan dose if the OD hasn't progressed beyond 4 minutes .

Well, you didn’t have to be so rude. I wasn’t saying this maliciously. I had the wrong information. Someone told me narcan won’t work with oxycodone. I guess she knew someone it didn’t work on, but there must have been more to it.
You certainly don’t have to be a dick about it.
sorry wasn't meant to be rude. i was just shocked.

Someone told me narcan won’t work with oxycodone.
maybe they were trying to say pressed oxy, aka fentanyl, can be resistant to narcan in high doses?

I've certainly heard of cases of people who had taken massive doses of fent and needed several doses of narcan to be revived, and even then they can overdose again 2 hours later when the narcan wears off (it has a very short half life).

The LD50 of oxycodone is quite high relative to other opioids

Narcan is generally effective for all opioids.

Yes. One Opioid can substitute for another pretty easily. When I say "Opioid", I'm referring to any drug that is an Opioid Receptor Agonist like Morphine, Heroin, Hydrocodone, Oxycodone and so on. The phrase "horse of a different color" has always come to mind for me. They're all horses and they're all pretty much the same at the end of the day. There are slightly different characteristics of each that give them their own unique subjective effects, but no junkie is going to complain seriously about getting Morphine instead of Heroin provided the dose conversion is correct.

For most folks the proportions are:

Hydrocodone (Vicodin; Lortab) is 66% or 2/3 the strength of Oxycodone (Oxycontin; Percocet) so for example:

30mg of Hydrocodone is equivalent to 20mg of Oxycodone

if your opiate pills don’t contain acetaminophen or paracetamol will the damage your kidneys/liver????

It's my understanding that acetaminophen is highly toxic to the liver but the opioids themselves are relatively benign (except for being addictive, of course).

Please correct me if I'm wrong
That’s what i thought my self i just can not get any information on this hence why i have posted a few times for a codeine expert to give me info haha, i take codeine phosphate 60 mg everyday the strongest dose of the instant release available and have been for about a year or so and started to get some aches and pains down the side of my stomach so was worrying, but i know they contain nothing other than codeine so was just wondering what this would be and i don’t want to stop because of this as i like the buzz but just wanted to clarify if i am doing any harm in this, where as if they contained paracetamol it would most deffintly be toxic

Oxycodone is not a fake opiate it's a semi-synthetic opioid made from Thebaine and so is hydrocodone, hydromorpone, and oxymorphone.
Oxy isn't fake and yes narcan will reverse an overdose.

Just because it is a synthetic ( man made in a lab instead of naturally from the poppy ) doesn't mean it isn't a real opioid and the only thing narcan needs triple the dose for is fentanyl.
Fun fact. Oxycodone isn't exclusively semi synthetic, man made opioid. It is also found in nectar of Broad-leaved helleborine (E. helleborine).

Broad-leaved helleborine (E. helleborine) is a common species in Europe and temperate Asia and has been introduced into the eastern United States.

Quote from Encyclopaedia Britannica(link above):
"E. helleborine is a common species in Europe and temperate Asia and has been introduced into the eastern United States. Its flowers are green, whitish green, or reddish purple, and its nectar contains trace amounts of naturally occurring oxycodone."

It may not be found in Papaver somniferum, commonly known as the opium poppy but oxycodone is perfectly natural opioid. I learn something every day...😀