• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc paws

Probably a stupid question: does loperamide at low doses help with PAWS??
Probably no, at low dosages it acts only on peripheral opioid receptors as it gets actively pumped out of the brain and PAWS is happening there, not in the body. I can only recommend to use memantine or another dissociative to restore equilibrium in the brain. Memantine is additionally a dopamine D2 agonist and has a very clean profile overall but it can be hard to get. DXM (dextromethorphan) can also work at low dosages like 100mg/d but it comes with more of a bodyload.

Alternatively you might give pregabalin/gabapentin a try but be warned that they are bitches about tolerance and will get you hooked if used continuously.

OxyContin/Dilaudid/Heroin (short acting opioids) I was fully outta the woods after 2 weeks / 14 days ….physically. Mentally it’s a different story.

Methadone 80mg for 15 years is going to be a freakin nightmare to come off of…..but due to a medical condition I will probably be on Methadone for many, many more years.

I’ve heard you can reduce 5mg a week until you’re down to 20-30mg than it’s only 1mg per week dose reduction until down to 5-10mg. The last few mg jumping off are tough I’ve heard from a lot of people.

I’d do 0.5mg a week near the end if I had to