• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabapentin is quite nice, pregabalin is basically better in every way though. There is a lot of cross-tolerance between pregabalin, gabapentin and phenibut, but especially gabapentin and pregabalin. I'd take a break or you'll start to not be able to feel it at all. I usually leave at least 3 or 4 days between dosing either of those. Tolerance builds faster than with any other type of drug I can think of, even faster than with psychedelics.

Lyrica/pregabalin is my favorite of the three as well.

Gabapentin is quite nice, pregabalin is basically better in every way though. There is a lot of cross-tolerance between pregabalin, gabapentin and phenibut, but especially gabapentin and pregabalin. I'd take a break or you'll start to not be able to feel it at all. I usually leave at least 3 or 4 days between dosing either of those. Tolerance builds faster than with any other type of drug I can think of, even faster than with psychedelics.

Lyrica/pregabalin is my favorite of the three as well.
I've definitely noticed tolerance with Phenibut, but I've done it more this year than ever before. Had like a 3 week span where I used it everyday, and then a couple times did it everyday for a week or two. I seemed to be reaching for it a lot less lately, as I sort of stopped enjoying it as much. I ran out of the Pregabalin yesterday, but it's one I could see having a problem with using too often if there wasn't tolerance.

Actually a few days ago I took 25ug of LSD and then 450mg of Pregabalin, which was the highest I've went with it. Had a lot of nervous energy and a bit of paranoia about the seizure horror stories for about an hour on the Pregabalin come-up, but that was probably from the L. Ended up being a good time but I'm not sure I'd mix Pregabalin with a full dose of psychs, Phenibut feels way more comfy for that.

Phenibut causes less rapid tolerance buildup than pregabalin and gabapentin do, and it is only partially cross-tolerant. Probably the reason is because phenibut, besides being a gabapentinoid, is also a GABA-B agonist so it only shares one mechanism of action. And other GABA-B agonists like GHB do not develop tolerance as rapidly as gabapentin and friends, either.

Pregabalin is rather trippy in its own way, it gets quite wonky at higher doses. When I take 400mg or more without tolerance, I get pretty strong CEVs, a strange sort that begins as extremely rapidly firing colors and shapes that will quickly resolve into dreamlike scenes. I haven't ever combined it with psychedelics but I can see how it might not be a guaranteed good time. Phenibut, on the other hand, is like one of the best things ever to combine with psychedelics. It doesn't dampen the trip at all but just helps to bring out all of the positive, euphoric aspects of the psychedelic, and also reduces bodyload and increases comfort and ease.

I guess the GABA-B activity could explain it, but it's odd because I found Baclofen strangely dysphoric at 20mg, and it doesn't seem like most people enjoy it. Phenibut is a lot weaker at GABA-B though, so maybe the very low amount of GABA-B activity positively colors the experience.

I had the most horrific dream last night

I was going somewhere and i got pulled over. They knew what they were looking for and found the blotters I had planned to take. From there they got a warrant and search my house - finding the rest of my stash.

For some reason they went through it to catalogue everything in front of me.

I awoke before processing ... lol unnerving

Tried Gabapentin for the first time today. Been spacing out 400mg doses every 30-45 minutes, up to 2800mg currently. It's pretty chill, took the dog for a walk and ended up having some way longer conversations with strangers than normal. Not sure how much cross-tolerance is affecting it, as I did Lyrica a few times over the past week and I think I took some Phenibut one day as well. Really need to chill on these substances but they're so damn cozy, I think Lyrica might be my favorite though, for me it's more stimulating and clear headed than the others so I feel like I can be somewhat productive when I'm on it.
I prefer Gabapentin to Lyrica but I am a bit odd. I feel like Gabapentin is more sedating and I enjoy the visual it produces more than that of lyrica. I still rank this class highly and put it above other things like opioids. It's the perfect drug to combine with music. The CEVs it produces are really unique and colorful. I compare it to finger paintings.

Be careful about taking the dogs for a walk on a high dose. If you space out doses like that and keep going for long enough at some point it'll hit you very hard and you'll be unable to walk. Even when I'm expecting it to happen it always manages to surprise me. One moment you just feel very relaxed and the next you're so sloppy you can't even stumble to bed without holding on to something.

Even at lower/social doses it gets me very unbalanced. I took some Gabapentin or Lyrica once and went to my friend's house. Sat around on the couch smoking weed and talking with them for a few hours. When I stood up to leave I almost fell over and had to catch myself with the coffee table. Blew my cover and everyone knew I was fucked up. Such a strange drug. I don't know why it ruins coordination in the legs like that. I can sit down all day on the stuff playing video games that require expert precision. But as soon as I attempt to walk it's like I'm on ungodly amounts of alcohol. I've even tested my ability to drive (not on public roads) while in that state. As long as I'm sitting down I'm good. Doesn't matter how hard I push the car I don't lose my ability to control it. But if I open the door and attempt to walk away from the car it ain't happening without help.

TFW after 20+ years of anticipation, you are finally going to get a chance to try aMT on the weekend only to realize that the anti-inflammatory supplement you've been taking interacts with it. It might clear my system by then if I stop taking it now, but it might not. I'm not impatient enough to risk having a bad time with a legendary molecule, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to whine about it. 😅

TFW after 20+ years of anticipation, you are finally going to get a chance to try aMT on the weekend only to realize that the anti-inflammatory supplement you've been taking interacts with it. It might clear my system by then if I stop taking it now, but it might not. I'm not impatient enough to risk having a bad time with a legendary molecule, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to whine about it. 😅
That's a bummer. You're still gonna have a chance to try it here soon though, right?
I feel like Gabapentin is more sedating and I enjoy the visual it produces more than that of lyrica.
I noticed that with Gabapentin right away, it's much more cloudy-headed and driving seemed like a bad idea. Lyrica was so clear-headed I spent the entire day on it reading journal articles, and there's no way I would have been able to do that on Gabapentin. I noticed that I was a bit uncoordinated on Gabapentin as well, especially while I was standing up. That was a bit odd, since Phenibut in particular seems to make me more coordinated.

I keep thinking that I need to explore Lyrica. It'd be a good idea for me to cycle some of my gabaergics more, but there aren't many that I like or can tolerate anymore. Alcohol and kava kava are complete non-starters.

And yeah, I might be able to next weekend depending on how many days I want to spend visiting out of state relatives. After that, my schedule is gonna make it tough until the new year. No worries, really, I'm just excited.

I noticed that with Gabapentin right away, it's much more cloudy-headed and driving seemed like a bad idea. Lyrica was so clear-headed I spent the entire day on it reading journal articles, and there's no way I would have been able to do that on Gabapentin. I noticed that I was a bit uncoordinated on Gabapentin as well, especially while I was standing up. That was a bit odd, since Phenibut in particular seems to make me more coordinated.
Be careful, the same effect can happen with both lyrica and phenibut. Phenibut can get me so wonky without tolerance that I might as well be piss drunk.

I got into some phenibut faa about an hour ago. Really love the stuff. Snorting it actually works. Only did it once for shits and giggles and was pleasantly surprised. My main issue with phenibut these days is the effects on my GI track.

Gabapentin is definitely more drug-like than Phenibut IME. Much more wobbly and inebriating, and weirdly enough, psychedelic. I've experienced changes in my visual field as well as bodily sensations that remind me of psychedelics on Gabapentin, whereas Phenibut is just an amazing mood booster, music enhancer, and super subtle though noticeable inhibiton reducer.

Be careful, the same effect can happen with both lyrica and phenibut. Phenibut can get me so wonky without tolerance that I might as well be piss drunk.

I got into some phenibut faa about an hour ago. Really love the stuff. Snorting it actually works. Only did it once for shits and giggles and was pleasantly surprised. My main issue with phenibut these days is the effects on my GI track.
Wait wait wait, you snorted the FAA? It's not very water soluble, is it? You don't just end up Seth hundreds of milligrams of flour in your sinuses??

I guess the GABA-B activity could explain it, but it's odd because I found Baclofen strangely dysphoric at 20mg, and it doesn't seem like most people enjoy it. Phenibut is a lot weaker at GABA-B though, so maybe the very low amount of GABA-B activity positively colors the experience.

Yeah it seems like pure GABA-B agonists aren't much fun. Though I have talked to people who love baclofen. GHB also hits the GHB receptor subtype and releases a flood of dopamine as a result so it's not a pure GABA-B agonist. Phenibut in large part is a voltage-dependent calcium ion channel blocker like gabapentin and pregabalin so I think that's where most of its recreational potential comes from. But it definitely does both

I was curious enough to try insufflating phenibut FAA anyway just for kicks, mostly because I'm more sensitive to phenibut than anyone I know. Got a nasal cavity full of dry powder. 2/10. Would not recommend. 😅😄

Wait wait wait, you snorted the FAA? It's not very water soluble, is it? You don't just end up Seth hundreds of milligrams of flour in your sinuses??
I sure did. I found a bunch of reports that less material could get you further through that route. Plus I was hoping to avoid the effects on my GI track. The faa isn't as bad as the hcl but I still have to go first thing when I wake up. I don't know why but phenibut works as a stool softener. If you're shitting hard bricks due to eating a bunch of kratom daily you can add a gram or so of phenibut faa and turn it back into poop. If you aren't taking opioids or a bunch of fiber it'll turn everything into liquid.

I'm not proud of it but I spent many years snorting combination opioids like hydrocodone/tylenol. Never understood why but people here have always snorted those low miligram opioids with 5-10mg of an opioid combined with many grams of filler/paracetamol. The culture here is so strange people will split those types of pills on 6+ heads so everyone isn't even getting a miligram. I assumed it was like that everywhere until I started to travel in my late teens. I don't do that anymore but all the years of putting that shit up my nose means taking up large amounts of powder doesn't bother me. I don't snort drugs very often anymore though. I don't want to do further damage to my sinuses.

The phenibut faa was pretty effective when I tried it through that route. I think I snorted about 100mg and it was comparable to 500-600mg orally. I did run water behind it after an hour or so. Duration was reduced to just a few hours. I don't think it's worth it to repeat. Phenibut is so cheap I'm not concerned about stretching my supply with non-oral routes. Oral dosing lasts all day and well into the next as long as I keep it to once a week.

I used to plug phenibut HCL back ion the day. Not pleasant (boy does it burn), but it halves the dose and makes it come up a lot faster.

I used to plug phenibut HCL back ion the day. Not pleasant (boy does it burn), but it halves the dose and makes it come up a lot faster.
My starfish is terrified after neglecting to dilute MDMA enough before plugging it. I don't think I'd ever attempt phenibut hcl after shitting blood from the MDMA (I put about 80mg or so in 1ml). If I hadn't been rolling hard when I shit out that blood I would have been freaked. It burned really really badly but somehow I managed to hold it in for an hour before giving up.

How much did you dilute phenibut when you plugged it? I imagine it would take many ml's to even get it to a point where it'd be bearable.

I was cleaning out my fridge today to get rid of all the expired food I bought before getting high and totally forgot about eating. Anyway, hidden up the back I found a shot glass wrapped in about 20 layers of aluminium foil. When I unwrapped it there was about 1 cm of orange juice in the bottom and at least 50 or more soggy LSD blotters all clumped together.

This solves a bit of the mystery of what happened 6 days ago when I emptied out all my vodka/LSD infusions. Seems like I drank the vodka with orange juice but could not or did not also chew all the paper at the time but was clear headed enough to save them (before totally forgetting).

I’m kind of tempted to take them tonight. After 6 days a solid dose of LSD should hit me ok. However, in the past I’ve been wiped out by 700 ug after a 6 day tolerance break and rendered unable to walk temporarily. In this case, there is no way way of knowing how much of the LSD leached out of the blotters into the vodka and has already been consumed and how much there might still be in the soggy paper and remnant orange juice.

I’m sure a dose of anything less than about 500 ug would not be worth the bother but I’m not up to being totally incapacitated tonight. There are other people in the house tonight and while tripping quietly in my bedroom after about 10 PM would be doable I do need to be able to deal with anything that might cause them to need me. Like the clog making a fuss to go outside at 3 AM.

Don’t want to waste them though….

I love it. How many can you take to have something like euphoria?

Status
Not open for further replies.