Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Tripping Past 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
yin-yang-mandala-mg0-prints.jpg

That you reached 2100 by such philosophy is insulting! I mean I'm no ambassador for chess anymore I have my own mental issues.. I say when I want to chicken out on coordinating global efforts at fucking global goddamn survival, which apparently I cover NASA's blindspot's of, cuz mister chief scientist of climate moonshots ain't cogently responding anymore... But yeah, fuck me sideways.. I'm trying to get my credibility up, I've spent a week refreshing my maths from twenty years ago, which was doable cuz I did retain... but everything on top was just too much. But yeah at least I must challenge.

Our blunderfest was when I just went in blind after ten years break. Nowadays I can at least see stuff when looking at a position! At the time of our encounter I had to unpack the very packed away skills at every move, at every increment. I will still have to, but at least the basic skills are unpacked now.
You seem to have an attitude Chris.

I always express my opinion, and never hold back my justified anger at the ills of the world...

But I speak my clear open mind.

I do wonder if I am the "chief scientist" you point to?

Either way it's like rage been held back.

And tbf too lol, that post was verging on the limit of readability. ;)

That you reached 2100 by such philosophy is insulting!
2100 on lichess is still not very good, it's comparable to about 1800 on chess.com I think. It's still a blunderfest. And it's blitz =D so with good intuition and some tactical vision you can get pretty far. But beyond that it gets hard, 2100 is about top 8%, 2200 about top 4% and 2300 top 2% which is a massive difference in strength.

(I just wrote this in the Recovery thread, but I'm posting it here as well because I'm having a really rough day and I need to vent very badly...)

I'm making an all-out effort to get clean & sober again after my latest relapse/binge. I'm on my 1st day without alcohol, 4th day without Ativan and down to 2 tsp. of Red Vein Bali Kratom a day.

I know, I know... a couple days don't mean anything to most people, but to me they do. I've been up since 6:30am and these have been some of the longest 7 hours of my life. I'm just taking it one second at a time.

Whenever I'm sober, all of my lifelong issues come back to haunt me with a vengeance. My dad getting drunk and pushing me & my mom around when I was little. All the kids that bullied me in high school. The bosses that treated me like a piece of garbage. The women who cheated on me.

Sorry for the self-pity, but I'm just being honest. My anger and resentment are two of my biggest problems/triggers, along with my bipolar, anxiety/panic disorder, OCD and PTSD. Sometimes I think that if I could just forget everything that happened to me for the first 35 years of my life, I'd be just fine (I'm in my early 50's now).

Alright, enough venting. I'm sick of myself because real men don't complain about their problems; they just suck them up and put on a brave face. Oh well, I'm human. Shoot me.

Hoping for better days,
Dreamflyer
It's old advice but I always feel worthy of mention.

Explore Kava mainly? If only as a clean way-paving stepping stone.

Because it is no evil. Drop it like a hat any time plus truly loaded with preventative and curative medicinal constituents.

It is nowehere near well known of though, or tried doesn't work for all, but does for an equal proportion.

For many it worls wonders, fills unhealthy gaps without beong wrong or harmful, per se.

Good luck man. It's a brave effort, even tougher course you just need to hold.

It ain't easy gping climbing those assault course ropes.

(I just wrote this in the Recovery thread, but I'm posting it here as well because I'm having a really rough day and I need to vent very badly...)

I'm making an all-out effort to get clean & sober again after my latest relapse/binge. I'm on my 1st day without alcohol, 4th day without Ativan and down to 2 tsp. of Red Vein Bali Kratom a day.

I know, I know... a couple days don't mean anything to most people, but to me they do. I've been up since 6:30am and these have been some of the longest 7 hours of my life. I'm just taking it one second at a time.

Whenever I'm sober, all of my lifelong issues come back to haunt me with a vengeance. My dad getting drunk and pushing me & my mom around when I was little. All the kids that bullied me in high school. The bosses that treated me like a piece of garbage. The women who cheated on me.

Sorry for the self-pity, but I'm just being honest. My anger and resentment are two of my biggest problems/triggers, along with my bipolar, anxiety/panic disorder, OCD and PTSD. Sometimes I think that if I could just forget everything that happened to me for the first 35 years of my life, I'd be just fine (I'm in my early 50's now).

Alright, enough venting. I'm sick of myself because real men don't complain about their problems; they just suck them up and put on a brave face. Oh well, I'm human. Shoot me.

Hoping for better days,
Dreamflyer
Only weak men do NOT express their true heart and feelings, IMO.

"Real men"...such a farce lol.

Let it out. You are only human! Not just a (male) robot!

I agree 100% with AutoTripper... the whole idea "a real man is so damn toxic. Men experience emotions every bit as strongly as women... and yet our society traditionally tells men that they are weak for expressing them. Other than the "manly emotions" of course... anger, aggression, etc. Holding emotions in is so harmful to us. It makes me sad every time someone expresses that they grew up believing that they needed to be unemotional. It makes me thankful I wasn't raised that way... I was free to express emotions. Yet, I experienced ridicule from my peers as a kid for doing so, so I didn't in public, so I still experienced some of that societal toxicity, anyway. But surely so much less bad than getting that from my family.

Please, vent away, @Dreamflyer. <3 Absolutely no need to feel like you can't, or shouldn't, on here, at least.

So many folk try to define what a man should be. I never grew up with that. society is very toxic.

Picked a stomach virus most likely from eating fast food. Not food poisioning but some dirty bastard must of not washed his hands. Its pretty mild so far. I hope it goes away soon.

On another topic. I feel like my mental health is quickly recovering from ashwadngda induced depression. Starting to feel alive again

Only weak men do NOT express their true heart and feelings, IMO.

"Real men"...such a farce lol.

Let it out. You are only human! Not just a (male) robot!
All good points.. except the robot thing.

I recently discovered that I'm a robot after failing to identify all of the street signs in a CAPTCHA test. At first, I was heartbroken, but that made me realise; robots have feelings too.

We also tear up the fucking dance floor.

All good points.. except the robot thing.

I recently discovered that I'm a robot after failing to identify all of the street signs in a CAPTCHA test. At first, I was heartbroken, but that made me realise; robots have feelings too.

We also tear up the fucking dance floor.
Lol those tests, ARE unnecessarily let's say Testing IMO.

You need to look, be witful, at times it feels like rolling a dice.

I hate it when they thrust them upon me because you do need to concentrate and take firm notice.

Probably good training ironically for young entepreneuring bots! I like that conjugation too!

I am eternally entrepreneuring just in no business or financial sense.

Picked a stomach virus most likely from eating fast food. Not food poisioning but some dirty bastard must of not washed his hands. Its pretty mild so far. I hope it goes away soon.
Hope you're feeling better, my friend.

Lol, those CAPTCHA things drive me insane. I've had to do them 2 or 3 times because there would be one little piece of something that I couldn't even see in those stupid blurry little pics!

And the ones with distorted numbers and letters are even worse. Gotta love technology.

Darknet captchas were some of the most obnoxious things a couple years back, I checked again somewhat recently and most seem to be more reasonable now.
You could spend 5 minutes and still not be sure lol, took ages to load a new one as well.
I haven't had any issues with captchas recently though, it used to be a lot worse. Frustrating, but funny :)

Darknet captchas were some of the most obnoxious things a couple years back, I checked again somewhat recently and most seem to be more reasonable now.
You could spend 5 minutes and still not be sure lol, took ages to load a new one as well.
I haven't had any issues with captchas recently though, it used to be a lot worse. Frustrating, but funny :)
It's still miserable imo

I agree 100% with AutoTripper... the whole idea "a real man is so damn toxic. Men experience emotions every bit as strongly as women... and yet our society traditionally tells men that they are weak for expressing them. Other than the "manly emotions" of course... anger, aggression, etc. Holding emotions in is so harmful to us. It makes me sad every time someone expresses that they grew up believing that they needed to be unemotional. It makes me thankful I wasn't raised that way... I was free to express emotions. Yet, I experienced ridicule from my peers as a kid for doing so, so I didn't in public, so I still experienced some of that societal toxicity, anyway. But surely so much less bad than getting that from my family.

Please, vent away, @Dreamflyer. <3 Absolutely no need to feel like you can't, or shouldn't, on here, at least.

An interesting topic. I believe that while old school macho norms are limiting and pathological, there is some truth to the general notion that men's emotions are to be mastered and attenuated, while women are more unavoidably emotional as a healthy part of their nurturing development and have a natural privilege of vulnerability. We are an animal species with males evolved to take on warrior roles, to go on a quest and thrive in hardship. Women can be tough too, and men can be nurturing, but in general these are natural and healthy tendencies.

I think it's seldom as simple as whatever historical social reaction would have it be. It is easy to become imbalanced if using previous imbalance as an absolute justification.

In particular case of Dreamflyer's post i resoundingly agree that it was a good share and not a weakness.

I believe everyone should be able to master some of their emotions, as letting all of your emotions master you is detrimental to anyone's life, regardless of gender. I do have to see when any man grows to believe they have to stifle all of their "womanly" emotions, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.