View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Tripping Past 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it was great, I kinda have that "I love life" afterglow that a good psychedelic experience can bring out, I guess compounded by the fun I had at the festival. It was my first time seeing live music since before the pandemic. I really needed that. Omicron is starting to make its rounds here, but given that we have a really high vaccination rate, even though the covid numbers are gong up again, hospitalizations and deaths remain low. I really hope things start going back to normal soon.

I like DOC, but not as much as DOB which is what my DOB turned out to be (mfs) I knew it wasn't DOB when tripping on it but somehow never realized that it was actually DOC.

One of these days I'll take 12-14mg of 2C-E like not so old times, really miss tripping.
That's shitty the sent you mislabeled drugs :(

God, I really do need to revisit 2C-E again. I keep meaning too, but the last couple of times were SO intense emotionally, that I never feel ready hahaha. I guess you are never ready. I'd like to make it a solo trip, I prefered it that way with 2C-E since it brought up really intense introspection. I will try to make it happen this April, when Autumn arrives here. I feel like it's a good season for a deep, therapeutic trip. The season of transformation and changing leaves.

Yeah, it was great, I kinda have that "I love life" afterglow that a good psychedelic experience can bring out, I guess compounded by the fun I had at the festival. It was my first time seeing live music since before the pandemic. I really needed that. Omicron is starting to make its rounds here, but given that we have a really high vaccination rate, even though the covid numbers are gong up again, hospitalizations and deaths remain low. I really hope things start going back to normal soon.

Shit's fucked here from Omicron. My girlfriend is deathly afraid even though we're both vaxxed and boosted and it's hard to get her to feel comfortable with me doing anything with anybody... I can barely get to band practice once in a while. The vaccine doesn't seem to do much against it unfortunately, but fortunately it seems more mild for most. She thinks she's going to get long covid if she gets covid. She has a bunch of chronic inflammation issues so I get it, but basically she's as scared as the beginning of the pandemic and it's really fucking my shit up.

Yeah, that sucks, I remember you wrote about that in the past. I mean is understandable, and it's great to take protective measures. But I also guess sometimes too much is too much, and tt is also understandable that many of us have the feeling that we can't stay quarantined forever. You can take some measures to make socializing safer, specially being responsible and noticing the people you share with about any related symptoms you may be feeling, so we can have a better traceability of the virus.

I can say that if the numbers we have here are anything to go by, the vaccine really seems to lower the impact of the virus. It doesn't seem to stop omicron from spreading, but the severity of the cases seems to be really lowered. We have an unusual situation because we reached a really high vaccination rate, many people here have their third dose and all, and from what I've seen on the news, in countries where people seem more resistant to take the vaccine, Omicron has been giving a harder time. Well, I shouldn't speak too soon, since the first Omicron cases here arrived in mid december, but the situation doesn't seem too bad yet. We have high positivity numbers again, but the death and hospitalization rates are the lowest since the first "peak" of the pandemic in 2020.

Sorry to talk about that here though, lol, I know it's a shitty and rehashed topic.

I'm just very happy to have seen live music and attended a festival for the first time since march 2020 :D

That's shitty the sent you mislabeled drugs :(

God, I really do need to revisit 2C-E again. I keep meaning too, but the last couple of times were SO intense emotionally, that I never feel ready hahaha. I guess you are never ready. I'd like to make it a solo trip, I prefered it that way with 2C-E since it brought up really intense introspection. I will try to make it happen this April, when Autumn arrives here. I feel like it's a good season for a deep, therapeutic trip. The season of transformation and changing leaves.
Dude, I fucking love DOC 🔥❤️

Have only done it a couple times now, but have come to the conclusion that it's one of my new faves.

You may have read what I wrote about it the other day, can't remember where I posted it, might've been right here. But I had such deep, comforting revelations on it that felt so amazing and comforting. It really is a beautiful substance, I am definitely interested in trying some more DOx substances.

Yeah, I read your post earlier today ! I wouldn't say it's a new fave, only because with that duration I can't see myself coming back to it very often. But I totally agree that it's a top tier psychedelic, very euphoric and energetic but not jiterry at all. Probably the perfect drug for a multi-day music festival.

Yeah, I read your post earlier today ! I wouldn't say it's a new fave, only because with that duration I can't see myself coming back to it very often. But I totally agree that it's a top tier psychedelic, very euphoric and energetic but not jiterry at all. Probably the perfect drug for a multi-day music festival.
Yeah, absolutely. Honestly the duration didn't bother me. At no point did it feel like it "lingered", like LSD sometimes feels like to me. Didn't really feel too much more dragged out than an acid trip, and sleep was easily enough found by popping 100ng quetiapine and 1.2g gabapentin, like usual.

I think I'll definitely be enjoying this somewhat regularly. I think it could be cool in a small dose to simply enhance a long work day or something. I might try that at some point. But I think I'll shoot for 3mg next.

edit: I cleaned up, and expanded on the following scribbles as an official trip report here

So I took some of those mushrooms that I found. They are probably Panaeolus cyanescens or something in that genus - not Psilocybe. Tiny little guys, and they tasted so different from cubensis etc that I didn't eat them all in one go, I got a little worried that I had mis-identified them. Horrible taste. Not very many - maybe 8, about the size of an enoki mushroom.

Went for a surf and by the time I got to the water I could feel that typical coming-up-on-mushrooms wobble and slight malaise - suddenly thought I was so thirsty and like I had to poop, which was inconvenient given that I was going into the ocean. Luckily, as these feelings usually are on the comeup, they vanished once I ignored them and got distracted with the activity of surfing.

I was in the water right at dawn, and the water was glassy and so beautiful, with the sun coming up on the horizon on a clear day. I got a little hypnotized just watching the water for a bit before I snapped out of it and got into the objective of actually catching waves. It ended up being one of my best surf sessions ever. The waves were small, but so clean and glassy and peeling so nicely as the tide was dropping and exposing the swell to shallower reef. I felt that I had enhanced harmony with the waves, and better ability to foresee how the waves would break and get myself into the correct spot on the wave. For anyone who has surfed before, you know it can be a game of inches getting into the right part of the wave for that perfect takeoff. It reminded me of how you hear about hunters in the jungle taking small doses of psychedelics to enhance their ability to read the forest and see the animals. My surfing felt more free and light and open and unconstrained than normal, I felt light on my feet and more skilled at riding in harmony with the wave and with my whole body. This probably all sounds a bit cliche but I reckon you guys will know what I'm talking about.

The water was glassy and the conditions were perfect, and almost empty of other surfers. All this might be the real reason that I had a great session. I can't discount the possibility that the mushrooms I had were mis-identified and that the whole thing wasn't placebo. I wasn't overtly tripping. This was probably something like an equivalent 0.3-0.5g dose of dried cubensis, so on the light-threshold end of the spectrum, if not placebo entirely. It's a bit hard to gauge, because being so engaged in surfing, which is already an altered state of mind (something like playing music, or being absorbed in a story, or sex), there isn't a reference point for baseline, except to compare other surf sessions. Anyways, this was the most fun I've had in a while, the most flow, the most in-tune I've probably ever experienced in surfing. I couldn't stop and ended up surfing for 3.5h, which is a good 1.5h longer than I normally try to stay out for. So if this was placebo, I'll take it!

Hmm this has ended up being a bit of a TR, maybe I'll clean it up and repost in the mushrooms thread, or I think there's a sports+psychedelics thread somewhere.

Last edited:
Sorry to talk about that here though, lol, I know it's a shitty and rehashed topic.

I'm just very happy to have seen live music and attended a festival for the first time since march 2020 :D
I’ve been back to live music. My home music festival shoe fest picked back up this year and it was so amazing. I’ve been to a few shows now. Love it

All this DOC talk is making me miss the times when it was available but I wasn't experienced enough to appreciate it. Dang I want to go hiking on DOC too. Maybe I should get some DOM instead and experience the serenity, tranquility, peace instead.

Yeah I fomo over DOC a lot too. I remember when it was crazy cheap on a US site, like pennies for a dose, multi-lifetime supply could be had for a few 10s or 100 or something. I never ordered any because it had to cross international lines and was banned in my constituency, so I felt nervous about the legality. Probably made the right call, but probably could have gotten away with it. Anyways, the one that got away. 2C-P always seemed like it could fill that niche pretty closely, so I was satisfied with acquiring that one, but I'd love to hear if anyone can comment on how those two compare because I don't really know.

God, I really do need to revisit 2C-E again. I keep meaning too, but the last couple of times were SO intense emotionally, that I never feel ready hahaha.
I feel that, deeply, lol.

All this DOC talk is making me miss the times when it was available but I wasn't experienced enough to appreciate it. Dang I want to go hiking on DOC too. Maybe I should get some DOM instead and experience the serenity, tranquility, peace instead.
Me too, really excited about finally trying it. Just waiting for it to get a bit warmer outside and will probably start with a 2mg blotter.

DOM is great too, had a very introspective and profound first trip on it in November.

Last edited:
Yeah I fomo over DOC a lot too. I remember when it was crazy cheap on a US site, like pennies for a dose, multi-lifetime supply could be had for a few 10s or 100 or something. I never ordered any because it had to cross international lines and was banned in my constituency, so I felt nervous about the legality. Probably made the right call, but probably could have gotten away with it. Anyways, the one that got away. 2C-P always seemed like it could fill that niche pretty closely, so I was satisfied with acquiring that one, but I'd love to hear if anyone can comment on how those two compare because I don't really know.
Hate to break it to you but you missed out, they hardly compare imo, both in purpose and actual effects. The amphetamine changes a lot.
2C-P is kinda like DOPr minus the amphetamine.

Hahahah yeah well.....

I'm feeling like über shit hence the dryness. Got Moderna booster yesterday, fever and headaches all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.