Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • Current Events & Politics Moderators: deficiT | CFC

Global Politics Pelosi visits Taiwan

Cream Gravy?

Sr. Moderator: F&TV, PD
Staff member
I support recognition of Taiwan's independence. It's about damn time we told them Reds to fuck off and let people have their freedom. They're getting mega angsty and have been flouting international law for decades now.

Buzz Lightbeer

Moderator: PD
Staff member
I support recognition of Taiwan's independence. It's about damn time we told them Reds to fuck off and let people have their freedom. They're getting mega angsty and have been flouting international law for decades now.
US hasn't?
I would rather have shitty and paranoid superpowers sit around a table than taunt each other constantly.

There is a large group in Washington that wants war with China, sooner than later, there's definitely one in China as well but probably not so soon.

Buzz Lightbeer

Staff member
Lol fair enough. I just have great contempt for any power that tries to overshadow Team America World Police. Especially ones that have such authoritarian governments.
I'd rather everyone just fucked off and stopped.
We in EU (the regular man & woman) just keep getting fucked over constantly, it's unbelievable. Inflation, energy prices, the Euro losing value... And now they're for sure gonna start decoupling economically from China (it seems like in the long run, war is likely), leading to all sorts of setbacks.

Cream Gravy?

Staff member
We in EU (the regular man & woman) just keep getting fucked over constantly, it's unbelievable. Inflation, energy prices, the Euro losing value... And now they're for sure gonna start decoupling economically from China (it seems like in the long run, war is likely), leading to all sorts of setbacks.
Same in the U.S.

But China does seem to have aggressive imperialistic attitudes. It's not enough to oppress their own people, in Xinjiang and Tibet and Hong Kong; no, they want to oppress the world, in favor of the Han race. Yes U.S. involvement in international affairs has been murky, but I feel it's nothing compared with what China is trying to do in the 21st century.

Buzz Lightbeer

Staff member
no, they want to oppress the world, in favor of the Han race.
Any evidence of this? It's a superpower trying to establish dominance. Like every superpower ever.
US involvement in international affairs has been "murky" but what China has done has been much worse? =D I'm gonna need specifics here cause the death tolls say otherwise man.

It's war speak to me. Another way to spend your tax dollars.

Cream Gravy?

Staff member
I'm gonna need specifics here cause the death tolls say otherwise man.
We can't be sure how many of China's people they've killed themselves. We barely have info about Xinjiang but we know for sure they have labor camps there. I'm 100% certain if China hasn't passed us, they will within a few years.
but what China has done has been much worse?
In some ways yes; sure the U.S. fucked the natives, that's well known. But otherwise we've had no mass killing programs within our borders. China has several... in the 21st century. They have the knowledge to know they're wrongdoings and they ignore it, something that wouldn't happen in 21st century U.S.

Cream Gravy?

Staff member
Any evidence of this?
To be honest, I'm too lazy to look up Han Chinese promotion, but it's real. I studied it at university, it's very real. Being a card carrying Han makes you leaps and bounds above say, Manchurians.

They have 50+ races recognized in China. Only one gets favored...

Buzz Lightbeer

Staff member
Big talk!

But still, this is not about this. It's about doing what's best for all us little people. War is not in our interest.
The war hawks will disagree and will do anything to convince you that it is in the coming years (and in the past years).

Cream Gravy?

Staff member
I guess I just feel for the people of Taiwan. They don’t want to be a part of China and I’d hate for the world to let them down, let them be invaded and murdered and enslaved by the CCP. There’s no reason for China to want them in their fold other than to normalize the idea that the CCP is carrying out the wishes of the people.

The CCP promised Hong Kong 50 years of peaceful transition. They got less than 25. What was once the busiest trading hub in the world is now a ghost of a city.

Nid Styles

Bluelighter
This better not be a scam, so she can ride in a private plane and have a security detail.

Snafu in the Void

Sr. Moderator: BDD, NMI, DC
Staff member
4Th Of July Usa GIF by Mental Barf