• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Dangers

Magic812

Greenlighter
So I've been on Phenibut daily for around a month now, and just wanted to point out that this shit is more dangerous than the warning label on the jar.. Around two months ago I started using it 2 or 3 times a week and it's turned into a new daily habit, The warning label on the jar DOES say to only use twice a week at the most and just says may cause sedation, difficulty driving and operating heavy machinery etc. (Pretty much just makes it sound like a good time imo) but about the second week of me using it before it turned into a daily habit I dosed around 4 or 5 grams thinking that if 2 Grams fucked me up more has to be better but I was so wrong, It ended with me jerking (Like seizures/tremors but not grand mal), Faceplanting randomly (On the toilet or while trying to light a cigarette or get something to eat), And nonstop vomiting for 3 days to the point that I couldn't hold ANYTHING down not even water or any fluids I honestly thought I was going to possibly die and I'm a veteran drug user like done everything I can think of since I was 11.. Also was hallucinating when I first woke up from that OD and didn't know where I was or why my wife was standing over me trying to take care of me I just kept asking how she got in here(For some reason I thought I was still in prison or a hospital), I just want to warn people who think this shit is "safe" to be responsible with it and respect it even tho it feels mild it still has the potential turn into a very bad experience... I'm currently starting to taper down and then use some gabapentin to jump off after I get down to under a G if phen a day, Also want to add it has the worst rebound effect I've EVER experienced like made me feel dead inside to where I didn't enjoy ANYTHING and was the worst depression I've ever had and that's an understatement, I don't know how I let this shit spiral out of control I'm usually alot more responsible but I just want people to know this stuff is still a real drug and hasn't been studied that much In the doses most people take recreationally please remember to respect this substance..

Last edited:
Yeah, a lot of people mistakenly think that just because it's legal means it's relatively safe.

I have also experienced very long, dangerous blackouts. Other extreme side effects including psychosis and hallucinations. One time I was conscious but unable to remember my name or where I was or anything, complete memory loss yet I was totally conscious. Scared the shit out of my family. Really nasty stuff when abused in high dose or daily. It's one of the few drugs that made my "never again" list. I try to warn people about it now.

It's really not a very recreational or good drug to begin with, which tends to make people take it too far chasing the minimal high it does provide.

So I've been on Phenibut daily for around a month now, and just wanted to point out that this shit is more dangerous than the warning label on the jar.. Around two months ago I started using it 2 or 3 times a week and it's turned into a new daily habit, The warning label on the jar DOES say to only use twice a week at the most and just says may cause sedation, difficulty driving and operating heavy machinery etc. (Pretty much just makes it sound like a good time imo) but about the second week of me using it before it turned into a daily habit I dosed around 4 or 5 grams thinking that if 2 Grams fucked me up more has to be better but I was so wrong, It ended with me jerking (Like seizures/tremors but not grand mal), Faceplanting randomly (On the toilet or while trying to light a cigarette or get something to eat), And nonstop vomiting for 3 days to the point that I couldn't hold ANYTHING down not even water or any fluids I honestly thought I was going to possibly die and I'm a veteran drug user like done everything I can think of since I was 11.. Also was hallucinating when I first woke up from that OD and didn't know where I was or why my wife was standing over me trying to take care of me I just kept asking how she got in here(For some reason I thought I was still in prison or a hospital), I just want to warn people who think this shit is "safe" to be responsible with it and respect it even tho it feels mild it still has the potential turn into a very bad experience... I'm currently starting to taper down and then use some gabapentin to jump off after I get down to under a G if phen a day, Also want to add it has the worst rebound effect I've EVER experienced like made me feel dead inside to where I didn't enjoy ANYTHING and was the worst depression I've ever had and that's an understatement, I don't know how I let this shit spiral out of control I'm usually alot more responsible but I just want people to know this stuff is still a real drug and hasn't been studied that much In the doses most people take recreationally please remember to respect this substance..

Those 4-5 grams you overdosed on is what I've been taking every night for the past 6 years.

Not trying to minimize your experience however. Phenibut isn't a nutritional supplement, yet it is sold as one (it even comes with a scoop, like a nutritional supplement).

Recently I cut my dose dramatically and am down to 2g/night. Would like to cut it further. Never liked phenibut, I just got stuck on it.

If you've only been on phenibut for a month I would taper very quickly. Don't recommend dragging it out as you'll only worsen the issue. And watch out for the gabapentin too. I feel like the withdrawal from gabapentin produces a type of insomnia that is more severe than what occurs from phenibut withdrawal.

I tried it twice and threw it out, it sucked so bad.

Those 4-5 grams you overdosed on is what I've been taking every night for the past 6 years.

Not trying to minimize your experience however. Phenibut isn't a nutritional supplement, yet it is sold as one (it even comes with a scoop, like a nutritional supplement).

Recently I cut my dose dramatically and am down to 2g/night. Would like to cut it further. Never liked phenibut, I just got stuck on it.

If you've only been on phenibut for a month I would taper very quickly. Don't recommend dragging it out as you'll only worsen the issue. And watch out for the gabapentin too. I feel like the withdrawal from gabapentin produces a type of insomnia that is more severe than what occurs from phenibut withdrawal.
I know it's not a nutritional supplement it's a Gabapentoid used in Russia but I think the doses there are a lot lower and it hasn't been studied that much. I assumed just assumed when I got it that it was safeish because I can eat like 30 Gabapentin or Lyricas and just be fucked up but not feel like I'm dieing, I know phenibut is a GABA-B Agonist and works kinda different though then other gabapentoids.. I'm not even sure how much I took that day I OD'd because I was redosing over and over kinda recklessly and don't have scales I was just using the little orange scoop it came with. My whole body was tingling and I couldn't walk and kept vomiting for about two days straight and everytime I would nod out I would wake up gasping for air I don't think it was respiratory depression though it was weird as fuck, I initially bought it just to use for anxiety because it's so easy to get but it's not even helping me like it did at first.

in Russia but I think the doses there are a lot lower

IIRC doses were in the range of 50mg - 150mg for the most part.

I used at 50mg/day for a while as an antidepressant, it was modestly effective. But bear in mind I don't use GABA drugs habitually and have comparably low tolerance.

yeah ill come back to this but dose is dif between life and death (in its many forms)
i need time to think

Thanks for letting us know.

Find another thing bro. Yeah I haven´t used such heavy as you but the little I did I felt how caustic and toxic it was. Much more than most normal drugs or even RCs.

Phenibut has been pretty much a miracle drug for me. I've been dealing with this bizarre stomach condition for almost 3 years now and it's the only consistent solution I've found. Without it, the only foods I can tolerate are unseasoned rice and chicken. If I deviate outside of that I get stomach pain and a persistent feeling of needing to burp that culminates in spasms throughout my GI tract. Phenibut blocks both the pain and spasms almost entirely, to the point that I can eat almost anything I want. It's really quite remarkable.

The downside is that there is a very real brain fog that persists for a few days after a single dose. At this point I'm taking it almost everyday and the brain fog has pretty much killed my appetite for any form of learning.

On the bright side it makes me much more sociable and I actually enjoy talking to new people while I'm on it. It calms my nerves and I feel much more in control no matter what the situation is. It still makes music and sex better as well, although I suspect it might be starting to hurt my sex drive a little.

I've been able to keep my doses low thankfully (maxing out around 1.1g of FAA/day), so when I do come off it there's a few rough days but nothing crazy. I'm heading into uncharted territory for myself though. Although I've had a few times over the past couple years where I did it for a week or two on end, the past month I've probably used it more than I've ever used it in a single month. And I'm really considering just taking it daily at this point. As much as the downsides suck, being unable to enjoy food is so much worse.

Really my biggest concern is how safe it is to work out on, because I'm at the gym basically everyday. I lift on it and play full-court basketball. Generally it feels safe and I get a bit overheated, but nothing crazy. Every now and then though I get a bit of chest pain, which is the reason for my concern. Phenibut has given me musculoskeletal pain in other regions before so perhaps that's all it is. Or maybe it's just referred pain from my stomach.

Phenibut is amazing used sparingly

Starting out using 500mg - 750mg was euphoric and relaxing. I used only once every week, usually a Saturday or Sunday. 10 to 15 years later I use 2 grams. Most ever was 2.5g. Usually a gram in morning, another gram at noon, and half gram around 3pm

Takes 3 hours to notice onset, lasting all day…with an afterglow the next day.

Interesting, I’ve noticed when I take Phenibut 2g, then next day my Ritalin 30mg IR hits MUCH stronger…much more pleasurable indeed.

I like to give close friends and family a gram of Phenibut who could benefit from it…and it’s always a hit lol, I warn them of the dangers (tolerance & withdrawal) and caution only use once weekly, at absolute max once every 3-4 days.

After 10 plus years of usage I don’t get the same “magic” I initially got, sadly ….as of with all my favourite drugs.

Last edited: