• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenobarbital first time

Ah - OK. I didn't know ludes were SO short-acting?

So their IS some wiggle-room for altering the structure of Doriden....OK.

You see - you cannot get this from books ;-)

So that ethyl could be a 2-bromoallyl (like butallylol)?

You see, the patent only covers 2 compounds and nobody ever took it any further.

As I said - in S. Africa lude (pills of the freebase) sell for 25 to 60 rand ($3-$8) and people smoke them. I've seen people smoke 'de wit pip' (the white pipe) and fall unconscious and on coming round, smoke more!

Pills are used to limit cutting, But $3-$8 is a LOT for an African when average wage is $7000/year. It looks even more potent than crack. I think it's sedative/hypnotic effects go on for some hours, but people smoke them every 10 minutes!!!

So their IS some wiggle-room for altering the structure of Doriden....OK.

You see - you cannot get this from books ;-)

So that ethyl could be a 2-bromoallyl (like butallylol)?

You see, the patent only covers 2 compounds and nobody ever took it any further.

As I said - in S. Africa lude (pills of the freebase) sell for 25 to 60 rand ($3-$8) and people smoke them. I've seen people smoke 'de wit pip' (the white pipe) and fall unconscious and on coming round, smoke more!

Pills are used to limit cutting, But $3-$8 is a LOT for an African when average wage is $7000/year. It looks even more potent than crack. I think it's sedative/hypnotic effects go on for some hours, but people smoke them every 10 minutes!!!
The best part is a few hours AFAIR. Remember, I was a drunk.

I remember being affected 7 hours later still but by the time I got back on the bus to go home to my parents I was sober enough from a pill I took at 8:00AM that day. Alcohol may be a little shorter but drinking a 6 pack will affect a person for hours too. Going on memory, it was 40 years ago and I was much younger. A lude may destroy me now. lol

@JackARoe Butalbital ain't that bad, is it? Not as near good as a regular barb for sure, but not useless.
To be honest I never had straight butalbital. It was always those fioricets with caffeine. So I may not be a good judge of that barb. (been reading you for years brokedown palace! Always good to see you)

Last edited:
But as I said - you cannot READ this stuff.

I do know that oddly, ludes can cause seizures (and have). The way they act on the GABA receptor is crazy!

No recreational value whatsoever. Only really useful as an emergency med for profound Benzo dependence where seizures are a risk.

If you ramp the doses up or have a low tolerance expect a benedryl-esque sedation and a hard time getting out of the bed in the morning. Even valium or clonazepam is a better score than this