• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pill snorters...have you had lung problems?

wait, I thought this was essentially a myth? can you link those papers?

exactly

plus it's a waste anyways, powder falls out of your nose, creates all this mucous which blocks it from proper absorption

Identification at autopsy of pulverized pills in lungs of a first-time methadone user​

Henry J Carson, Bradley L Feickert
Journal of forensic and legal medicine 16 (8), 494-496, 2009

Here's one but is it that hard to beleieve that fine dust inhaled makes it to the lungs? It's the basis of known diseases like silicosis or asbestos poisoning.

Someone snorting multiple times a day for years amd years is going to get some of that dust in their lungs

Identification at autopsy of pulverized pills in lungs of a first-time methadone user​

Henry J Carson, Bradley L Feickert
Journal of forensic and legal medicine 16 (8), 494-496, 2009

Here's one but is it that hard to beleieve that fine dust inhaled makes it to the lungs? It's the basis of known diseases like silicosis or asbestos poisoning.

Someone snorting multiple times a day for years amd years is going to get some of that dust in their lungs
That’s interesting. So, did the snorting actually kill him or was it an overdose?

If anything, I guess it’s evidence that the particles do enter the lungs. I think if you ar experiencing any lung issues at all, you should either back off of the intranasal use or find a safer way to do it. Even being extra careful can’t ensure that nothing enters the lungs. But there are safer ways to go about it if you want to continue.

That’s interesting. So, did the snorting actually kill him or was it an overdose?
... "The cause of death was ruled drug interactions with cerebral and pulmonary edema, the manner of death accidental. "

... "Blood toxicology was positive for tetrahydrocannabinol, sertraline, nicotine, and methadone. "

idk kinda vague, blamed on drug interaction... yet, those 4 drugs I've basically commonly used myself... Weed, tobacco, SSRI and opioid.

I didn't even know they made methadone pills... thought it was mostly liquid

I'm continuing to read it, looking for the connection to lung fluids to the drugs

... "The cause of death was ruled drug interactions with cerebral and pulmonary edema, the manner of death accidental. "
... "Blood toxicology was positive for tetrahydrocannabinol, sertraline, nicotine, and methadone. "

idk kinda vague, blamed on drug interaction... yet, those 4 drugs I've basically commonly used myself...

Damn, only 25 years old. That’s a fucking awful way to go out.

I realize that about cysts. Odds are that mine is a congenital cyst that has been there forever. Lung cysts are different than typical cysts in that they are filled with air so they can look similar to lung damage. They actually used the word emphysema to describe it on my CT scan, but they are calling it congenital lobar emphysema which is different than COPD.

My concern was that the pulmonologist misdiagnosed it as a cyst when it could potentially be a Bulla that formed due to my drug use. I’m not a doctor though so I just have to trust his diagnosis for now. I do worry about it though.

There is examples in medical literature of people acquiring lung disease from long term insufflation, it is rare but it can happen and I believe COPD can happen fairly easily from too much dust/excipients entering the lungs over time. I don’t mean to fear monger, I just think people should know that this is a possibility so they can make an educated choice regarding their preferred ROA’s. Lung issues cause a great deal of suffering that I don’t wish anyone to experience.

I hope the doctor is right regarding my lung findings. I have two small kids and I am really scared that I caused this. In the slight chance that this is related to my actions, snorting the pills is in no way worth it to me and I believe others would feel the same if they caused any kind of damage. I just think it’s good to be aware and take breaks often. Maybe try to find a way to avoid powder making its way into the lungs altogether. If I had known about the potential for harm to my lungs, I would have been so much more careful. I just wasn’t aware and maybe that was dumb of me.

No you're right. There are certainly risks.

I hope I didn't come off as condescending. I thought I'd give you a little hope though. As if it is congenital, it's most likely benign and you'll be alright.

I have a cyst in my throat/neck that I've had since I was young and a few in a few other places.

People can definitely acquire lung disease through snorting.
The best thing to do is look up your brand of pill online or in the pamplet and see if there any dangerous fillers, like talc, etc..
And to make sure you only snort enough to enter the sinus cavity.

Hopefully all is well. Best of luck to you! And Merry Christmas to everyone! (who celebrates here)
Cheers!

No you're right. There are certainly risks.

I hope I didn't come off as condescending. I thought I'd give you a little hope though. As if it is congenital, it's most likely benign and you'll be alright.

I have a cyst in my throat/neck that I've had since I was young and a few in a few other places.

People can definitely acquire lung disease through snorting.
The best thing to do is look up your brand of pill online or in the pamplet and see if there any dangerous fillers, like talc, etc..
And to make sure you only snort enough to enter the sinus cavity.

Hopefully all is well. Best of luck to you! And Merry Christmas to everyone! (who celebrates here)
Cheers!
No, it’s okay, your comment did give me hope and I hope you’re right about this being a congenital thing. I have yet to come across anything resembling a pulmonary cyst as a result of drug use. So hopefully it’s not that. I hate that I have to sit and question it though.

If it hadn’t been for my history I wouldn’t be so anxious about the findings and I would trust the doc more. It did get me to quit using my pills that way though which has been super difficult but worth it.

Take care and Merry Christmas to you as well.

I personally have been snorting 40mg oxy, cocaine, h, clonazepam and am 27 and have no damage. I think the damage comes when you snort a v v fine powder that can get into your lungs as a. "dust"
I have never had the privilege of an Oxy

idk kinda vague, blamed on drug interaction... yet, those 4 drugs I've basically commonly used myself... Weed, tobacco, SSRI and opioid.

I didn't even know they made methadone pills... thought it was mostly liquid

I'm continuing to read it, looking for the connection to lung fluids to the drugs
I've had 5-10mg rectangular methadone pills.

Ironically, they look very similar to some sertraline pills.

Cerebral and pulmonary edema sound like what would happen after some one's been oxygen deprived.

I wonder if the person had no tolerance (I didn't read the article) and the sertaline some how potentiated their methadone?

Idk. I can't see snorting a methadone pill killing a 25 year old through "lung damage". I know 40+ year olds who've been snorting drugs longer than that. lol

Dust makes it into our lungs every day. There's no way around breathing in dust unless you wanna wear a respirator. So while yes, small powders will go into the lung, if that powder is water soluable, then it should just be able to absorbed into the lung or coughed back up. The main issue would be is if any of the fillers in your pills are toxic or won't be absorbed (like talc).

I've had 5-10mg rectangular methadone pills.

Ironically, they look very similar to some sertraline pills.

Cerebral and pulmonary edema sound like what would happen after some one's been oxygen deprived.

I wonder if the person had no tolerance (I didn't read the article) and the sertaline some how potentiated their methadone?

Idk. I can't see snorting a methadone pill killing a 25 year old through "lung damage". I know 40+ year olds who've been snorting drugs longer than that. lol

Dust makes it into our lungs every day. There's no way around breathing in dust unless you wanna wear a respirator. So while yes, small powders will go into the lung, if that powder is water soluable, then it should just be able to absorbed into the lung or coughed back up. The main issue would be is if any of the fillers in your pills are toxic or won't be absorbed (like talc).
I think the article said that he was a “first time user”. And I agree, I don’t think this happened due to snorting specifically, I think the fluid was a result of the drug interactions maybe causing respiratory depression. They probably just happened to find leftover traces of pill powder in his lungs because he had just snorted them before his death.

Every example I have found of snorting causing damage has been due to talc inhalation. I’ve yet to see that with anything else in all my research and I have done a lot of research due to my anxiety.

It seems talc is particularly damaging when inhaled. I’ve even seen examples of women getting talcosis due to using makeup powder with talc. They use it daily in high school and then get talcosis later in their 30’s or 40’s. It’s bad stuff, so that would probably be one to avoid. The other fillers, I have only ever heard of them causing damage when used IV.

Buprenorphine does contain insoluble fillers but a very small amount. Things like microcrystalline cellulose, starch and crospovidone. It seems that these fillers do the most damage when used intravenously.

Do you know anyone who has snorted daily for years straight? I guess that’s the big question, if doing it every single day over the course of years can cause this kind of damage.

I think the article said that he was a “first time user”. And I agree, I don’t think this happened due to snorting specifically, I think the fluid was a result of the drug interactions maybe causing respiratory depression. They probably just happened to find leftover traces of pill powder in his lungs because he had just snorted them before his death.

Every example I have found of snorting causing damage has been due to talc inhalation. I’ve yet to see that with anything else in all my research and I have done a lot of research due to my anxiety.

It seems talc is particularly damaging when inhaled. I’ve even seen examples of women getting talcosis due to using makeup powder with talc. They use it daily in high school and then get talcosis later in their 30’s or 40’s. It’s bad stuff, so that would probably be one to avoid. The other fillers, I have only ever heard of them causing damage when used IV.

Buprenorphine does contain insoluble fillers but a very small amount. Things like microcrystalline cellulose, starch and crospovidone. It seems that these fillers do the most damage when used intravenously.

Do you know anyone who has snorted daily for years straight? I guess that’s the big question, if doing it every single day over the course of years can cause this kind of damage.
Aaah okay, that makes sense (about the article). I'll bet he took a big dose with little tolerance. Usually people with a tolerance to opioids can handle such combos.
The cerebral and pulmonary edema sound like what happens due to respiratory depression for sure. Makes you wonder though, if he snorted enough to OD, he had to of snorted a shit ton of powder.

Yeah talc is the big one. I've stupidly snorted pills with talc in them before, but not enough times to do serious damage (I hope).
I have been doing drugs on & off for 20 years and during that period, there were times I snorted pills daily for atleast 5 years straight.

My sinuses were okay under a cat scan. But I haven't had my lungs looked at, so I can't say there's damage there or not.
I wouldn't be a great candidate because I've also been a cigarette smoke for almost 20 years. And I also use to do inhalants as a teenager. And smoke meth.
And I'm still a chain smoker today & smoke lots of wax. My lungs do feel like shit, but I attribute it to the all the cigarettes & wax, as even when I was younger and would smoke too many cigarettes or too much weed, I'd wake up with a little bit of chest pain & coughing the next morning.

I have a friend who also snorted drugs with me on the daily for a good 3 years and she seems to be alright.
Other than that, everyone else I know mostly just have just done it off and on for years and years, but not many have ever gone daily for years at a time.

Luckily I had enough sense to ponder this topic years and years ago due to my use and came to the conclusion that the real damage is from stuff with talc and possibly a few more fillers in them. This is when I began to research the makers & brands of pills & then look in their ingredients list & make sure there was no talc. And I also tried to consciously make sure I snorted anything in a way that it just sits in my sinus cavity.

I've also snorted many mystery powders with my heroin over the years as well.
Where I use to live, people cut the heroin with either benadryl or lactose. For the most part tho, I had a decent dealer who who would just give me straight rocks at
the time.

IV buprenorphine is also bad because the citric acid & artificial flavor attracts bacteria. I have stupidly injected pills in my 20's when I didn't know any better. But only a handful of times.

I do have a lot of health issues, but in the past year, I've had bloodwork cleared, a catscan on my head cleared & a catscan on my neck cleared. And a physical to boot. And all doctors said I was just fine. So I assume the health issues I deal with now are depression related or there is some other underlining cause they haven't discovered yet.

As far as my lungs go though, I'd say I'm alright and would prolly be better off if I didn't inhale so much smoke all the time.

I found plugging to be an alternative route at times, that works just as good, but can be a bit of a hassle. lol
Another good tip for avoiding nasal damage (rather than lung) if you snort is to make sure you get a nasal saline spray and clean your sinuses out really good. Doing this before and after snorting can help keep from tearing up your nose. And a general rule I've noticed is that if the drug burns when you snort it, it's going to do damage (infection, cuts, etc..) but if it does not burn, there isn't the same amount of damage being done.

Aaah okay, that makes sense (about the article). I'll bet he took a big dose with little tolerance. Usually people with a tolerance to opioids can handle such combos.
The cerebral and pulmonary edema sound like what happens due to respiratory depression for sure. Makes you wonder though, if he snorted enough to OD, he had to of snorted a shit ton of powder.

Yeah talc is the big one. I've stupidly snorted pills with talc in them before, but not enough times to do serious damage (I hope).
I have been doing drugs on & off for 20 years and during that period, there were times I snorted pills daily for atleast 5 years straight.

My sinuses were okay under a cat scan. But I haven't had my lungs looked at, so I can't say there's damage there or not.
I wouldn't be a great candidate because I've also been a cigarette smoke for almost 20 years. And I also use to do inhalants as a teenager. And smoke meth.
And I'm still a chain smoker today & smoke lots of wax. My lungs do feel like shit, but I attribute it to the all the cigarettes & wax, as even when I was younger and would smoke too many cigarettes or too much weed, I'd wake up with a little bit of chest pain & coughing the next morning.

I have a friend who also snorted drugs with me on the daily for a good 3 years and she seems to be alright.
Other than that, everyone else I know mostly just have just done it off and on for years and years, but not many have ever gone daily for years at a time.

Luckily I had enough sense to ponder this topic years and years ago due to my use and came to the conclusion that the real damage is from stuff with talc and possibly a few more fillers in them. This is when I began to research the makers & brands of pills & then look in their ingredients list & make sure there was no talc. And I also tried to consciously make sure I snorted anything in a way that it just sits in my sinus cavity.

I've also snorted many mystery powders with my heroin over the years as well.
Where I use to live, people cut the heroin with either benadryl or lactose. For the most part tho, I had a decent dealer who who would just give me straight rocks at
the time.

IV buprenorphine is also bad because the citric acid & artificial flavor attracts bacteria. I have stupidly injected pills in my 20's when I didn't know any better. But only a handful of times.

I do have a lot of health issues, but in the past year, I've had bloodwork cleared, a catscan on my head cleared & a catscan on my neck cleared. And a physical to boot. And all doctors said I was just fine. So I assume the health issues I deal with now are depression related or there is some other underlining cause they haven't discovered yet.

As far as my lungs go though, I'd say I'm alright and would prolly be better off if I didn't inhale so much smoke all the time.

I found plugging to be an alternative route at times, that works just as good, but can be a bit of a hassle. lol
Another good tip for avoiding nasal damage (rather than lung) if you snort is to make sure you get a nasal saline spray and clean your sinuses out really good. Doing this before and after snorting can help keep from tearing up your nose. And a general rule I've noticed is that if the drug burns when you snort it, it's going to do damage (infection, cuts, etc..) but if it does not burn, there isn't the same amount of damage being done.
That’s all really reassuring to know. I snorted my subs for all that time. I would occasionally run out and be forced to take breaks every so often but for the most part, it was a daily thing.

As far as my lung health, honestly, I can’t even remember the last time I got sick with any kind of cold or anything. Never had any sinus issues or anything so I felt confident that I wasn’t doing any harm. I quit smoking when I had my kids and don’t plan to ever start again. The thought of them having to see me die from cigarettes is enough to never touch them again but my husband smokes still, I understand how hard it is to stop. Damn near impossible, and I still crave cigarettes regularly.

Hopefully I am alright. They are going to do regular scans over the next two years to track things and if they remain stable, it’s all good. Otherwise, they will do surgery and cut the cyst out. I asked my pulmonologist over and over again if this was drug related and he was adamant that it’s not, so he’s probably right.

I’m happy I stumbled across this site. Because when you google snorting damage you don’t find a single word about the lungs mentioned. All you see is stuff about the nasal cavity.

That’s good practice to check the pill ingredients and avoid talc or other harmful fillers. I’m glad I know now. I never even knew about how bad it was to IV them. I knew it was super bad for the veins but I didn’t know about causing embolized fillers to get lodged in the lungs. Hopefully that’s more well known now than it was when I was using around 10 years ago. Maybe they should be sharing that info at needle exchanges or something.
I’ve read stories of people shooting pills for just a few weeks or months and they get serious, fatal lung disease. They just didn’t know. It’s really tragic to read about.

That’s all really reassuring to know. I snorted my subs for all that time. I would occasionally run out and be forced to take breaks every so often but for the most part, it was a daily thing.

As far as my lung health, honestly, I can’t even remember the last time I got sick with any kind of cold or anything. Never had any sinus issues or anything so I felt confident that I wasn’t doing any harm. I quit smoking when I had my kids and don’t plan to ever start again. The thought of them having to see me die from cigarettes is enough to never touch them again but my husband smokes still, I understand how hard it is to stop. Damn near impossible, and I still crave cigarettes regularly.

Hopefully I am alright. They are going to do regular scans over the next two years to track things and if they remain stable, it’s all good. Otherwise, they will do surgery and cut the cyst out. I asked my pulmonologist over and over again if this was drug related and he was adamant that it’s not, so he’s probably right.

I’m happy I stumbled across this site. Because when you google snorting damage you don’t find a single word about the lungs mentioned. All you see is stuff about the nasal cavity.

That’s good practice to check the pill ingredients and avoid talc or other harmful fillers. I’m glad I know now. I never even knew about how bad it was to IV them. I knew it was super bad for the veins but I didn’t know about causing embolized fillers to get lodged in the lungs. Hopefully that’s more well known now than it was when I was using around 10 years ago. Maybe they should be sharing that info at needle exchanges or something.
I’ve read stories of people shooting pills for just a few weeks or months and they get serious, fatal lung disease. They just didn’t know. It’s really tragic to read about.
Unfortunately society still hasn't progressed when it comes to drugs.

I bet they still use D.A.R.E. in schools. lol

I'm very thankful for bluelight. It's taught me a lot over the years. There needs to be more harm reduction discussion and less stigma and criminalization.
This is a great site for learning how to stay safe. I've run into a few knucklhead moderator/staff members on here, but I just ignore them. I try to remember why I joined here and it was because I believed in treating drug users with dignity and respect and helping people learn the best ways to be safe if they're gonna use.

I think most sub pills aren't too dangerous to the lungs. Although I have lost a lot of faith in our institutions over the past few years and who knows what 'mystery' substances might be in our medicines. For the most part, the sub pills are designed to be sublingual. So I'd imagine they would put minimal amount of fillers that won't leave behind a bunch of gunk. Your lungs are similar to your mucous membranes. So they can absorbed liquid/powder I would imagine. And what it doesn't filter likely would get coated with mucus and coughed up (just my speculation though).

I think you'll be alright. :) Especially if it was mostly bupe. It may have not been the intranasal drug use that caused it, but there's no harm in giving your nose a break anyway. :p My partner has pretty big cysts on his back and on his arms and one by his breast. I feel bad for him cause they cause him pain but he's had no luck in getting any doctors to remove them as they consider them "cosmetic".

My cysts act up some times and scare me. They'll get a little tender, swollen and puffy. But then it always goes away after awhile.

If the cyst isn't impacting your breathing or anything, I think you'll be okay. :) Most people can live with cysts or have them removed (depending on where they are I guess).

My mother had one lung (the other one collapsed) and she was a rabid smoker up until the day she passed. She did have COPD and did a lot of coughing. She ended up with leukemia too & beat it once and was on her way to beating it again. Unfortunately in the end, it was unchecked constipation that got her (of all things).

She passed on Mothers Day last year & her birthday is right after Christmas. Going to see her headstone for her birthday.
I've been dealing with severe depression for over a year. Well actually my whole life, but it has come back and with a vengeance.
I feel like I can't get up anymore or do anything. Everything feels pointless or feels like it takes more effort than it should. I can barely speak some days. When I do try to get active, my entire body aches & hurts. Bad enough that it brings tears to my eyes even some times. All I feel like doing is sleeping. I recently asked my doctor for help with a stimulant, but she refused. Actually she said yes but then picked one my insurance wouldn't cover and refused to change it to one that they would. It really hurt me because I know a stimulant would help (i've had plenty of experience with prescribed meds & all others) and I had been sitting here thinking I would get one for a few weeks and then finally get told "no sorry" right before the holidays. It's hard to carry on feeling this way everyday.

Anyways, I don't want to get too sappy and carried away on here. lol
I appreciate the conversation though.
It's good to do research if you're going to use.
I think it's unfortunate that society can't let people use & have things in place to educate people on how to use correctly & safely.
There would be less deaths, crime, etc.. if there wasn't a war on people.

I totally understand your worries OP. I'm wishing you all the best! Everything will be alright. :)

Unfortunately society still hasn't progressed when it comes to drugs.

I bet they still use D.A.R.E. in schools. lol

I'm very thankful for bluelight. It's taught me a lot over the years. There needs to be more harm reduction discussion and less stigma and criminalization.
This is a great site for learning how to stay safe. I've run into a few knucklhead moderator/staff members on here, but I just ignore them. I try to remember why I joined here and it was because I believed in treating drug users with dignity and respect and helping people learn the best ways to be safe if they're gonna use.

I think most sub pills aren't too dangerous to the lungs. Although I have lost a lot of faith in our institutions over the past few years and who knows what 'mystery' substances might be in our medicines. For the most part, the sub pills are designed to be sublingual. So I'd imagine they would put minimal amount of fillers that won't leave behind a bunch of gunk. Your lungs are similar to your mucous membranes. So they can absorbed liquid/powder I would imagine. And what it doesn't filter likely would get coated with mucus and coughed up (just my speculation though).

I think you'll be alright. :) Especially if it was mostly bupe. It may have not been the intranasal drug use that caused it, but there's no harm in giving your nose a break anyway. :p My partner has pretty big cysts on his back and on his arms and one by his breast. I feel bad for him cause they cause him pain but he's had no luck in getting any doctors to remove them as they consider them "cosmetic".

My cysts act up some times and scare me. They'll get a little tender, swollen and puffy. But then it always goes away after awhile.

If the cyst isn't impacting your breathing or anything, I think you'll be okay. :) Most people can live with cysts or have them removed (depending on where they are I guess).

My mother had one lung (the other one collapsed) and she was a rabid smoker up until the day she passed. She did have COPD and did a lot of coughing. She ended up with leukemia too & beat it once and was on her way to beating it again. Unfortunately in the end, it was unchecked constipation that got her (of all things).

She passed on Mothers Day last year & her birthday is right after Christmas. Going to see her headstone for her birthday.
I've been dealing with severe depression for over a year. Well actually my whole life, but it has come back and with a vengeance.
I feel like I can't get up anymore or do anything. Everything feels pointless or feels like it takes more effort than it should. I can barely speak some days. When I do try to get active, my entire body aches & hurts. Bad enough that it brings tears to my eyes even some times. All I feel like doing is sleeping. I recently asked my doctor for help with a stimulant, but she refused. Actually she said yes but then picked one my insurance wouldn't cover and refused to change it to one that they would. It really hurt me because I know a stimulant would help (i've had plenty of experience with prescribed meds & all others) and I had been sitting here thinking I would get one for a few weeks and then finally get told "no sorry" right before the holidays. It's hard to carry on feeling this way everyday.

Anyways, I don't want to get too sappy and carried away on here. lol
I appreciate the conversation though.
It's good to do research if you're going to use.
I think it's unfortunate that society can't let people use & have things in place to educate people on how to use correctly & safely.
There would be less deaths, crime, etc.. if there wasn't a war on people.

I totally understand your worries OP. I'm wishing you all the best! Everything will be alright. :)
I totally remember D.A.R.E. I had one of their t-shirts that my police officer family member gave to me as a kid and I held onto it, so many people wanted that shirt when I got older. It became somewhat of a collectors item in party circles in my early 20’s. Super funny.

I agree about harm reduction 100%. I lost someone really special to me last year right before Christmas, not because of an overdose or anything but because of overzealous cops treating an addict like he was worthless. It’s a long story but it’s totally relevant to what you mentioned about not stigmatizing addicts. The way we treat and view addicts causes so much more harm then the things we’re addicted to or use for whatever reason.

Sorry about your mom, that’s really hard. Mother’s Day wasn’t all that long ago so that’s still really fresh. I’m so sorry. Hopefully going to visit her headstone will bring a little peace to you on that day.

I’m also sorry to hear about your depression. I get it. I live with anxiety that can be pretty debilitating on some days. I’m trying to avoid medication for it because I know how hard it is to get off of them and I really don’t need another med but it gets tempting on days when it’s really bad. Buprenorphine helps enough for now though. Im weaning off of them though and I worry about how bad the anxiety will get once I get to a much lower dose and eventually quit. At that point, meds might be necessary.

I fully believe that if medication makes your life better than it’s worth it. Stress, anxiety and depression is not good for the body, mind or soul and sometimes medication is the only way to get it under control and that’s okay. I hope you are able to get that worked out with your doctor or another doctor. That’s shitty that they wouldn’t fix the issue for you and they are just leaving you to suffer during the holidays. Are you able to find another doc willing to help?

Sending good thoughts your way.

I totally remember D.A.R.E. I had one of their t-shirts that my police officer family member gave to me as a kid and I held onto it, so many people wanted that shirt when I got older. It became somewhat of a collectors item in party circles in my early 20’s. Super funny.

I agree about harm reduction 100%. I lost someone really special to me last year right before Christmas, not because of an overdose or anything but because of overzealous cops treating an addict like he was worthless. It’s a long story but it’s totally relevant to what you mentioned about not stigmatizing addicts. The way we treat and view addicts causes so much more harm then the things we’re addicted to or use for whatever reason.

Sorry about your mom, that’s really hard. Mother’s Day wasn’t all that long ago so that’s still really fresh. I’m so sorry. Hopefully going to visit her headstone will bring a little peace to you on that day.

I’m also sorry to hear about your depression. I get it. I live with anxiety that can be pretty debilitating on some days. I’m trying to avoid medication for it because I know how hard it is to get off of them and I really don’t need another med but it gets tempting on days when it’s really bad. Buprenorphine helps enough for now though. Im weaning off of them though and I worry about how bad the anxiety will get once I get to a much lower dose and eventually quit. At that point, meds might be necessary.

I fully believe that if medication makes your life better than it’s worth it. Stress, anxiety and depression is not good for the body, mind or soul and sometimes medication is the only way to get it under control and that’s okay. I hope you are able to get that worked out with your doctor or another doctor. That’s shitty that they wouldn’t fix the issue for you and they are just leaving you to suffer during the holidays. Are you able to find another doc willing to help?

Sending good thoughts your way.
I did set up another appointment with a regular doctor, just to establish a GP and it got scheduled for early January but of course the next day they called and had to reschedule because he was "going to be out of the office". And it got rescheduled for the end of January now. I was kinda looking forward to seeing a new doctor and seeing what they have to say. I've been getting this a lot lately though whenever I call, the whole "the doctors are out of the office" or "the doctor's on vacation". Same with the nurses. Then it's phone tag for days just to get somebody to ask my doctor a question for me. I went two weeks sitting here thinking I would get on a new med only to be told 'too bad'. I almost quit treatment right then and there.

I agree with 100% of everything you've said. I've known so many addicts. It's human nature IMO at this point to be addicted to something. I think it's ridiculous that people can drink themselves to death, but if I want to nod out on my couch or smoke a bowl of some good bud, it's a "criminal act". It's aggravating and can be traumatizing the way you get treated. I've been there before too.

I'm on many meds myself. I've always received amazing antidepressant effects from opioids, especially heroin & in my early days, stuff like tramadol. I was the type that would do a bump of heroin and actually feel like getting up and cleaning my whole house... and enjoying it too!!! lol I miss those days.

Ironic to say that I think I was happier in my 20's when I was doing drugs, versus today being on bupe & benzos. Bupe was great at relieving my depression at first, but after about a year, it sort of started to go downhill. I think because it is a partial agonist & has a ceiling effect that once you're tolerant to it's max effects, the antidepressant relief no longer comes. Although it has kept me from going back to drinking alcohol at least. And it does stop me from doing self harm (cutting, hurting myself, etc..) during my episodes. But it no longer helps with my mood, my pain or my energy. But I also don't think it'd be wise for me to go through withdrawal either. I think switching to a better opioid or getting on a stimulant would work better for me. But doctors seem to think they know me better than I know myself. lol

I as well have anxiety and panic attacks. The rebound anxiety coming off of benzos is horrible. I've never really found benzos to be much "fun", but they're a life safer when I'm having a panic attack where it feels like I'm gonna die.

Society (in the US anyway) really needs to start looking at drugs and the people who use them and why they use them a whole lot differently if we want anything to change. Unfortunately I rarely see anyone talk about it. And I wish there was something I could do to help, myself. Cause the quality of people's lives are at stake here.
It's a really sad situation. I am really sorry to hear you lost some one that way too. I can't believe that. I've been in situations similar. They will treat you like garbage. They don't care.

If you google "died of heroin withdrawal in jail" on google. You'll find article after article of POS cops locking people up and letting them withdrawal with no medical help and dying. It's astonishing. It makes me so sad.

I truly appreciate the conversation Littlewing907. :)
Feel free to hit me up any time if you need anyone to talk to.

It's documented in the scientific literature that snorting pharmaceutical pills damages the lungs since youre inhaling filler into your lungs also.

Has anyone had such issues? I think I damaged a new organ to add to my list. I was having lung pain after snorting pills and it just feels harder to breathe now. Or I may have damaged my nasal passage making it narrow is kind of how it feels. Also there are fleeting pinpoint pains in the lungs sometimes.

At the same time I can go out and swim laps pretty hard for 30 minutes to the point of my body overheating and feel normal while doing it and even after...but the tightness seems to return.

Taking opioids or benzos even orally seems to make the feeling vanish...making me hope this is a symtom of withdrawal and anxiety and chest tightness rather than straight up lung damage.

I've used maybe 15 to 20 boxes (50 chargers of nitrous) over the last year and that seems to really fuck my lungs and breathing up too after.

Plenty of weed smoking also although that doesn't seem to directly cause pain when I do it.

Wanna just take lots of opioids to not feel the pain so I can stop panicking and also feel high and forget about it.

Addiction is hell. I hate this lifestyle so fucking much. I've been trying to get completely clean for a couple years to no avail.
Ive been snortin pills for over 20 years with a few years of non use in between. I use to snort 3 GREEN OC 80's in the morning when I was at my worst. Snorting drugs bypass your first pass metobolism which saves your stomach all kinds of troubles. Ive never had shortness or breath or any lung problems and ive snorted any kind of opiate you can think of we use to get 300 OC 30's a month and 400 methadone I would sniff at least 100 every month wouldnt even get nosebleeds or anything. The DAMAGE comes when you start INJECTING. I did more damage in a year then I did in over 20 years of snorting.

I did set up another appointment with a regular doctor, just to establish a GP and it got scheduled for early January but of course the next day they called and had to reschedule because he was "going to be out of the office". And it got rescheduled for the end of January now. I was kinda looking forward to seeing a new doctor and seeing what they have to say. I've been getting this a lot lately though whenever I call, the whole "the doctors are out of the office" or "the doctor's on vacation". Same with the nurses. Then it's phone tag for days just to get somebody to ask my doctor a question for me. I went two weeks sitting here thinking I would get on a new med only to be told 'too bad'. I almost quit treatment right then and there.

I agree with 100% of everything you've said. I've known so many addicts. It's human nature IMO at this point to be addicted to something. I think it's ridiculous that people can drink themselves to death, but if I want to nod out on my couch or smoke a bowl of some good bud, it's a "criminal act". It's aggravating and can be traumatizing the way you get treated. I've been there before too.

I'm on many meds myself. I've always received amazing antidepressant effects from opioids, especially heroin & in my early days, stuff like tramadol. I was the type that would do a bump of heroin and actually feel like getting up and cleaning my whole house... and enjoying it too!!! lol I miss those days.

Ironic to say that I think I was happier in my 20's when I was doing drugs, versus today being on bupe & benzos. Bupe was great at relieving my depression at first, but after about a year, it sort of started to go downhill. I think because it is a partial agonist & has a ceiling effect that once you're tolerant to it's max effects, the antidepressant relief no longer comes. Although it has kept me from going back to drinking alcohol at least. And it does stop me from doing self harm (cutting, hurting myself, etc..) during my episodes. But it no longer helps with my mood, my pain or my energy. But I also don't think it'd be wise for me to go through withdrawal either. I think switching to a better opioid or getting on a stimulant would work better for me. But doctors seem to think they know me better than I know myself. lol

I as well have anxiety and panic attacks. The rebound anxiety coming off of benzos is horrible. I've never really found benzos to be much "fun", but they're a life safer when I'm having a panic attack where it feels like I'm gonna die.

Society (in the US anyway) really needs to start looking at drugs and the people who use them and why they use them a whole lot differently if we want anything to change. Unfortunately I rarely see anyone talk about it. And I wish there was something I could do to help, myself. Cause the quality of people's lives are at stake here.
It's a really sad situation. I am really sorry to hear you lost some one that way too. I can't believe that. I've been in situations similar. They will treat you like garbage. They don't care.

If you google "died of heroin withdrawal in jail" on google. You'll find article after article of POS cops locking people up and letting them withdrawal with no medical help and dying. It's astonishing. It makes me so sad.

I truly appreciate the conversation Littlewing907. :)
Feel free to hit me up any time if you need anyone to talk to.
I was on 240mg of methadone maintenance. I got pulled over for no registration as I pulled up to the methadone place. The dr. came out and said it is possible I could die if they take me to jail GUESS WHAT THEY DID? NOT ONLY NOT LET ME TAKE MY 240mg DOSE THAT DAY THEY THREW ME IN COUNTY FOR 28 days. I didnt sleep or take a shower for 5 days then got bailed out.

I was on 240mg of methadone maintenance. I got pulled over for no registration as I pulled up to the methadone place. The dr. came out and said it is possible I could die if they take me to jail GUESS WHAT THEY DID? NOT ONLY NOT LET ME TAKE MY 240mg DOSE THAT DAY THEY THREW ME IN COUNTY FOR 28 days. I didnt sleep or take a shower for 5 days then got bailed out.
Yeah alcohol & benzos get the rap for having fatal withdrawal syndromes, but it is possible to die from opioid withdrawal as well. whether by dehydration or extreme stress reaction on the body having it's exogenous opioid stimulus taken away. Or a combo of both.

I'm still disgusted with the war on drugs.

Just so everyone knows, talc, which is in way too many pills is not only found in similar rock as asbestos but is closely related to it!

“Talcosis or talc pneumoconiosis is one of the rarer forms of silicate induced lung disease. It has been described in workers exposed to talc during its production or its industrial use. Very often, the history of exposure is not recognised by the patient.”

If you get that shit, which acts like a form of cancer, it’s incurable!

So DO NOT snort or inject stuff containing talc!

In the US people have been suing Johnson & Johnson over their baby powder cause the people have used it on their arm pits and groins and had cancers develop in those areas, so I imagine eating the shit, never mind snorting or injecting it will be a risk!

Regarding the topic I snorted two 10mg or 20mg OxyNorm’s before, they’re capsules with loose powder in but about 200mg of powder inside and when I did it felt like it went in my lungs and I was coughing it up, unlike snorting H, coke or anything else I’ve snorted.
I’ve snorted Afghani’ street H#3 for almost 20 years (Not daily!) and never seemed to have problems.

Ive been snortin pills for over 20 years with a few years of non use in between. I use to snort 3 GREEN OC 80's in the morning when I was at my worst. Snorting drugs bypass your first pass metobolism which saves your stomach all kinds of troubles. Ive never had shortness or breath or any lung problems and ive snorted any kind of opiate you can think of we use to get 300 OC 30's a month and 400 methadone I would sniff at least 100 every month wouldnt even get nosebleeds or anything. The DAMAGE comes when you start INJECTING. I did more damage in a year then I did in over 20 years of snorting.
How do your lungs feel? Are you ok? I shot pills years ago and am worried

Not so much with pills, but I was on a powdered snuff kick for a while and it always got sucked into my lungs no matter how gently I sniffed it. I started getting a chronic tickling cough and that's the main reason that I quit.

I had thought that it would be better for my lungs than smoking, but it turned out to be worse!