• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Please give me hope tell me your successful long term recovery from crystal meth addiction stories

Boku_

Bluelighter
Do I deserve to be congratulated? I had a full 7 days off meth and boy was it one hell of a ordeal. Not that I am not all to familiar to the distress of withdrawing from using ice I typically use ice every 3 days which means I never really detox accept when I have to go a full 4-5 days meth use free. And that only happens once a fortnight. And may I add 4 days off meth is only really bad on the third and fourth day off. Provided I score again on the third day I'm usually only hanging out for the journey to my dealers place. If I have the money I stay even so to speak.

I'm stuck in two minds, first I am pleased with myself that I have never progressed to daily use of meth. I put that down to the prohibitive prices for shard in the country I reside. That and my funny habit of not scoring more than a couple of points of meth at a time.

HOWEVER prior to yesterday it had been 3-4 years since I had a full 7 days not using meth. I'll be honest and say that I scored today but I am now fully aware that cutting out meth is a lot harder than just 48 hours throwing up and feeling sick with the chills from stopping use of heroin. Not that I was a huge smackie. I was just being sociable with a close friend who is on methadone and had 4 shots of heroin in 3 days which was enough for me to find out what dope sickness is like. Again my drug of choice has always been uppers and aside from heroin I never really bothered fucking around with needles. Smoking shard is good enough for me. MORE than good enough

I'll explain how I feel on the days I don't use meth or am not coming down off meth which I don't mind at all

I NEED to drink wine, I NEED to lie down in bed, 2 days of that I can cope with but disturbingly according to the drugs phamlet I was given it takes a full week to withdraw from using ice and some withdrawals last up to 3 weeks.

I don't know about this, people told me years ago once your hooked on meth it's never the same. You either use meth or lie around in bed all day everyday

well i been using meth from sometime in the mid late 70s til this day (well not this one) i mean i am not above snorting a line but one that got tired of chasing.
there have been some changes in "meth" throughout the decades but there is a thread for that around here somewhere.
when the load gets to heavy it will be put down at some point... or not. Its been about 2 yrs or more since i had any.

I don't know about this, people told me years ago once your hooked on meth it's never the same. You either use meth or lie around in bed all day everyday

Nah. I've stopped cold turkey twice and not touched it for months (maybe over a year?) because the dealer was annoying me so much it wasn't worth it. All within five years.

It probably depends on individual brain chemistry somewhat (like everything drug-related)

Again my drug of choice has always been uppers

Yeah see mine have always been downers. So it probably is harder for you. But I refuse to believe anyone just ends up a depressed wreck with no hope because of meth.

I know a speed freak from the 90s (when we were 18ish) who earns $200K/year for a mining corporation. If anything he battles the alcohol not the speed.

Nah. I've stopped cold turkey twice and not touched it for months (maybe over a year?) because the dealer was annoying me so much it wasn't worth it. All within five years.

It probably depends on individual brain chemistry somewhat (like everything drug-related)

Yeah see mine have always been downers. So it probably is harder for you. But I refuse to believe anyone just ends up a depressed wreck with no hope because of meth.

I know a speed freak from the 90s (when we were 18ish) who earns $200K/year for a mining corporation. If anything he battles the alcohol not the speed.

You're just incredibly lucky, my friend. Been hooked on this for almost 2 years now... I literally can't stop buying it every weekend because the cravings get so bad it's all I can think about. I really wish I had the self control you have. I do have a bit of an addictive and impulsive personality, though which probably does not help much. I wish I had never touched this stuff in the first place.

@acklac7 you have thoughts on this? You’re kind of the resident expert on long term ma use.
Hmmm. For me quitting was an easy decision, as meth just kept driving me crazy after 10 days of use. I'm afraid of it more than anything, now.

I never experienced any of the nasty depression so commonly associated with meth withdrawal. I attribute that to taking St.Johns wort, eating right, and exercising/soaking in a hottub/fishing. It takes about 6 months for your body to re-que, but your energy levels come back with time. The whole laying in bed thing only lasts about 10-20days, then you start to get better. Exercise helps tremendously as does soaking in a hot tub/hot bath.

Also, if you can find a script for Adderall or Vyvanse that will help tremendously on the re-lapse part, from my experience at least.

I'll be a year meth-free in November. I don't miss it at all. I don't crave it at all. So there is definitely hope...

Last edited:
You're just incredibly lucky, my friend. Been hooked on this for almost 2 years now... I literally can't stop buying it every weekend because the cravings get so bad it's all I can think about. I really wish I had the self control you have. I do have a bit of an addictive and impulsive personality, though which probably does not help much. I wish I had never touched this stuff in the first place.

My cravings are like a little kid screaming "give me it!!!" Last night I couldn't get any and had that for about an hour before I just wanted to go to sleep.

Cravings for alcohol are insane in comparison because it's impossible to sleep.

I used meth about 4 months ago, and i still have intense cravings (i didn't quit, i'm only without it right now for my mental health) and they last many hours at a time, every day.. I have ADHD, without medication, so maybe that makes it harder.

My cravings are like a little kid screaming "give me it!!!"
Reminds me of kids runnin around eating cake, ice cream and plenty of gummie bears. lol
just need more speed is what i tell the parents but when they crash be ready for it irs coming it always does when overdoing anything. my opinoin

I tried it in 2007, I knew I was in trouble. I liked it too much, hated myself every time I used it. Had problems with in till 2009 ish , walled myself off from life for a year. Got clean from that, still used anything else , just never speed again.

Never used it again to this day. You'd never know I was that tweaker kid in the trailer