• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Plugging East Coast powdered heroin

waldo777

Bluelighter
Just FYI, I have used the search engine many, many times, read and posted various threads, and googled everything I could, nonetheless I have not yet found a suitable answer to the question in the title. So if this is repetative or needs to be merged/moved that's fine, I just truley was unable to find what I was looking for....

That said, my friend would like to know if plugging #4 east coast powdered heroin is a viable ROA. Currently he snorts the heroin, but it simply isn't cutting it anymore, he knows smoking it is a waste and would like to stay away from IV b/c of all the potential health risks associated with that ROA, so:
1) Can powdered heroin be plugged as efficiently as it can be snorted?
2) He knows snorting works, but if plugging allows the same high w/ less product then he can save his nose from further damage and limit the risk of an OD

Any help appreciated, thanks

Well, if he plugs it. It's going to degrade into morphine. I wouldn't do it, but i'm sure some pluggers can come on and give you more information.

Yes, plugging is a viable option.

The only way for your friend to find out if plugging is worth it, is to try it himself. He's not going to be wasting the dope is thats was what he was fearing.

@Hydrocron: What do you mean about it degrading into morphine? That is more applicable for people leaving heroin in solution overnight.

Last edited:
From what I've read before on BL it usually takes around 10-12 hours to degrade into morphine while in water, so this won't be an issue. Plug away.

i plug east coast dope. feels fuckin awesome until i gave myself a hemerhoid!! highly recommended just take it easy with stickin stuff up your anus!

I don't know if this is possible, but I'd "clean" the H first before plugging it. While east coast heroin is generally pure, there is, unfortunately, no quality control over what it is that powder (if it's tar, I'd say no). I'd assume there is a risk of putting drugs up your ass that could very well have bacteria, harmful chemicals, etc.

^NO heroin is completely pure, even good potency heroin is substantially cut. The only time you're going to find heroin even remotely pure is where its manufactured or in diamorphine vials intended for injection.

From what I've read before on BL it usually takes around 10-12 hours to degrade into morphine while in water, so this won't be an issue. Plug away.

At a pH of 7.4, heroin in a solution will degrade to 06-MAM at a rate of 13% in 24 hours and it will take substantially longer for the 06-MAM to hydrolyze into morphine so your numbers are way off. There is a lot of confusion on this subject and lots of conjecture.

Last edited:
^reckon you could share the link where you got that from, man? it'll be worth adding that into the initial post of the heroin mega thread.

i've posted something similar in the past but am failing the search engine at the moment (i know, my bad:()

^sure

Spontaneous hydrolysis of heroin in buffered solution.

Smith PT, Hirst M, Gowdey CW.

Abstract

Electron-capture gas-liquid chromatography was used to study the spontaneous hydrolysis of heroin in phosphate buffer (pH 6.4 and pH 7.4) at 23 degrees C. Aliquots of solution were taken over a 24-h period. After extraction at pH 8.9 into propan-2-ol (10% )-ethyl acetate, deacetylated products were made into hepafluorobutyrate derivatives which were analyzed quantitatively using nalorphine as the internal standard. Heroin decomposes to 06-monoacetylmorphine (06-MAM) under these conditions. Further decomposition to morphine was not observed. Spontaneous hydrolysis was faster at pH 7.4 (first-order rate constant, 9.6 x 10-5 min-1) than at pH 6.4 (first-order rate constant, 3.0 x 10-5 min-1). In 24 h, the decomposition to 06-MAM was 13 and 4%, respectively. (source)

I've read about further degradation to morphine from 06-MAM in other sources.

Last edited:
I had plugged very potent east coast powder about a year ago, seeing as I had no syringes. I had five bags of it. I plugged three of them. . . after about 30minutes in extreme disappointment I realized not much of a high was happening. At the time I did have a tolerance but given the potency of the heroin I was dealing with I figured three of them plugged would do me in quite nice.
After that nonsense I sniffed two of them and nodded out quite nicely. So to answer your question, plugging east coast powder sucks. There used to be a few threads with your exact answer but I think do to the site pruning they might have been deleted.

At the time I tried a different route of administration I had already been plugging various other substances for about three years, so this method of administration was not new to me in any way.

Thank you all for your responses, my friend went ahead and plugged the heroin so I thought I'd share his experience and comments with everyone. I invite anyone to point out any mistakes my friend made, as well as any steps he could have taken in the spirit of harm reduction:

Bottom line = my friend did NOT find this ROA any more efficient than snorting, perhaps even less so (and yes, he had multiple bowl movements earlier)

First, this batch of heroin is not very strong; (same kind as past 100-200 bags, from the same person in the past 10 days) . My friend buys in bulk and the "H" comes in rock form. The rocks are pressed extremely tight, and are very difficult to break chips off of. They are a light brown--dark tan in color, with darker and lighter specks of various things pressed evenly throughout. Some of the larger rocks even have partial logos indented in them, clearly showing that the rock was broken off of a much larger one. (Not that it matters :( ) Also there is NO vinegar-ish smell to it at all

Anyway, my friend crushed up his normal dose, maybe slightly less, put it into a shot glass w/ 2ml's of distilled water. It took about 2 minutes for the powder to dissolve (no heat was needed, but it did require vigorous stirring and smashing w/ the plunger from the oral syringe), Once dissolved, only a few specks of the darker substance remained out of solution. My friend sucked up all the liquid w/out any filtration (cotton etc...) But left the dark stuff behind.

THE PLUGGING:
With the 2ml's of the heroin solution in the oral syringe, he stuck it in as far as it would go, about 3-4 inches and pushed on the plunger....here's what he's uncertain about:
1) After squirting the H into rectum, he let the syringe stay there for about 1 minute and then slowly pulled it out, he thought this would minimize any liquid leaking out...and doesn't think any did.
2) He lay on his side for about 3-4 minutes before he was interrupted, had to get up, and wonders if that effected absorption?
3) Kinda gross, but no feces on syringe, so it was prob clean up there

In my experience plugging dilaudid (which I did pretty much every day for over a year), unless I laid down on my side for AT LEAST 15 mins to give the solution time to absorb, it didn't work.

Once I got into the routine of laying there, with my iphone to keep me company, the high was great - I enjoyed it even more than IV.

Try again and lay there, on your side, for half an hour. Really give it the ole college try and report back.

H is an opiate so the effects should be similar to dilaudid.

Personally, I love plugging. If it ain't nailed down it's going up my ass.

i still disagree that nasal is stronger than rectal. Idk, maybe its just me but the effects are at least 1.5 times stronger when plugged and the rush is much better. nasally i barely even feel no matter how much i snort...

Hi all, thanks for all the input, unfortunately my friend still has the same problem as before! One person (who lives very close to me apparently) said when he plugged 3 bags of Heroin he got no effects, but that snorting just 2 bags had him nodding, so that's 1 vote for heroin not working when plugged.

By contrast the other poster said he achieved great effects plugging Dilaudid, and that my friend's less than satisfactory experience plugging heroin may have been due to him only laying on his side for a few minutes instead of 15-30mins....

So, either;
A) My friend just didn't lay down for long enough for the H to absorb. OR,
B) Dilaudid is different enough from H that this alone can explain why Dilaudid can be plugged successfully but Heroin cannot.

My friend only has enough H left for about 2 more doses, he doesn't want to waste any and get sick early, and would like to maximize the effects so that he can prolong the w/d's until he can resupply....so,
Should he plug half, laying on his side for 30mins like advised, OR should he just snort it all and not risk wasting any?

i plug dilly's too. they hit me faster plugged than snorted as well. make sure your bowels are empty and I just stay on my side for a minute or two and then get up. rush hits me by the time i'm washing my hands.

Does anyone have BA numbers for intrarectal diacetylmorphine? I did some cursory searching and didn't find anything. All this anecdotal information and speculation certainly pale in usefulness to actual bioavailability numbers.

For reference (from the BA Mega Thread)-

Hydromorphone

Intranasal- 52.4%
Rectal administration 33%
Oral-30-35%
( Of course, for the uninitiated, IV is 100% )

- "Cane2theleft", I couldn't agree more, sadly the reason I began this thread was b/c my friend was unable to find any scientific/experimental data on the rectal BA of diacetylmorphine (Heroin, specifically the salt or "#4" variety), after many hours of searching. And seeing as though Heroin is only Rx'ed in maybe 1 or 2 countries for injection only, I doubt any studies will be funded any time soon. HOWEVER.....

IF anyone knows of a pharmacologically similar compound that HAS been tested, extrapolation from such a study may be sufficient (or @ least as good as possible)

ALSO, I just don't understand why there is so much variation among peoples' opinions concerning plugging powdered heroin. (There seems to be consensus as to black tar for some reason? )
-Are there so many more variables involved w/ plugging as compared to snorting, smoking or IV admin.?
-Is there a strong taboo w/ plugging that hinders people from telling the truth or speaking about it candidly?

Also, I suppose plugging opiates is inherently complicated b/c I suspect anyone who is plugging has been using for a decent amount of time, and therefore is likely very constipated (sic?). Being so backed up down there in a way only opiate addicts can know about, could be why some people say plugging heroin works and others say it doesn't.

Anyway,
if anyone know of a drug similar to diacetylmorphine that has been studied in terms of rectal BA please share what you know.
Also, if anyone would like to add to this thread w/ experience, could you please specify how much heroin you used to plug with, how the size of that dose compared to the size of your usual dose, and how strong the effects were from plugging when compared to the equivalent dose taken via your normal ROA.

Lots of stuff I know, sorry for that, and thanks in advance everyone

^The rectal BA's for many other opioids are readily available but I would not go off this. If you look at the list of all full agonist opioids, the BA's for various RoA's are all over the place. Morphine is closest drug to heroin that is commonly used and its stronger orally than intranasally and heroin is substantially stronger intranasally than orally. I wouldn't attempt to extrapolate based on 'similar compounds' unless you want inaccurate results unfortunately.

Also, for the most part there isn't stigma around here surrounding plugging except among a small group of homophobic and immature idiots.

^ Yeah I figured as much, Its just my friend worked in a lab for a few years alongside a group of chemists who were pumping out novel opiates and thought perhaps someone knew of a compound with a similar pharmacodynamic (sic?) profile etc... Guess such a thing doesn't exist/hasn't been studied.

Anyway, the H my friend has been getting has been of very poor quality and gums up / becomes gooey/sticky in his nose and thinks this may have played a factor in his plugging experience, he'll be trying a nasal spray to see if that will change the nasal absorption, and will also try plugging some oxycodone in the future, as he no longer wants to have to mess w/ the cut, dirty, and potentially dangerous street drugs....will report later on his behalf

i searched all over the net and i could not find a b.a. for heroin. its really bugging me now. there has got to be scientific numbers because a few countries made suppositories with it.