• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

POLL Codeine / Tramadol

Which drug has the greatest potential for abuse, based on the effects?

• Codeine

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

KnowsNotWhatItMean

Bluelighter
To all my fellow scientists, a pretty basic question. Which drug is a superior drug?

As for me (I hate to say it), tramadol sort of leads here. Not taking huge doses at all. I could get into nod territory if I wanted, if my set would allow me, easily.

Oh shoot. I forgot to vote so i did.

I'm no scientist and not real sure which drug is superior but I prefer codeine.

Tramadol's okay I guess but they make me dizzy whereas codeine doesn't. Trams also make my mouth drier for some reason as well. Almost as bad as weed but not quite.

Tramadol sucks. Well, it has mood enchancing properties, but codeine can actually give you nods.
I have actually nodded quite a lot on
tramadol, as in drifting in and out of sleep but not really sleeping, never had that from codeine, but there is also caffeine in the pills that I would use. The CWE part ruins it for me, It's wierd, I hate drinking it... Stuff makes me sick and moody/sensitive. Once I had some cough syrup it made me poop it all out. Tramadol really makes me feel overwhelmed by affection more like alcohol in a way.

Definitely codeine, before I acquired tolerance to opioids one 100mg dose would be enough for solid euphoria while I could take 500mg tramadol without any noticeable effects. I'm not a CYP poor metabolizer though as DXM worked as supposed.

Tramadol is way superior to me, I respond pretty well to it. Codeine is more of a traditional opiate experience, but fairly weak.
If you're a "good metabolizer" (I'm kinda oversimplifyin here) tramadol can be very euphoric as it has mood enhancing properties (inhibits serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake) and gets metabolized into O-desmethyltramadol which is a pretty good mu-agonist.

Tramadol has given me some of my best highs ever (mostly when I was opioid naive).

Weirdly don’t get anything from codiene even at high does. Tramadol is good for a while though love the fact it don’t ‘fuck you up’ so can easily function for work and meetings makes you super relaxed and chatty without any obvious use of drugs. Flushed the rest of my stash though after it stopped working as well after a week or so. Plus kills my sex drive for days which isn’t good when in a relationship.

I agree with the last two posts.

As for me though, I have been doing tramadol on and off extensively during last couple of months (I've been introduced to it thanks to my job where I would obtain them pills). After having taken a couple hundred of them my tolerance has not built up noticeably at all and I haven't been experiencing much of the withdrawal symptoms, if any.

It would usually be a week long binge, followed by a break and so on. I'd just split a pill in half and take that to help with the anxiety from coming off of it and that would usually do the trick. It's kind of true that it kills sex drive as well, it also makes achieving an orgasm virtually impossible. I quit that job though, so no more tramadol.

Last edited:
I much prefer codeine. 14 tablets at a time. Could never get much effect from tramadol. How much is a recreational dose of tramadol?

I feel good with tramadol, but I won't do high doses because of the danger of seizure (I stick to 200mg). Codeine, or di-hydro-codeine (DHC), can definitely get you euphoria etc. way beyond my 'generally feeling good' tramadol high, but I have to take fairly high does of codeine or DHC to get there (over 300mg codeine or DHC equivalent. I've never tried that sort of dose of codeine mixed with a 200mg tramadol. If people felt that was a safe combo I might try it (comments please!).