• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy pods, Morphine and Diazepam....... think it's time to reduce and eventually quit, any suggestions/ advice on the easiest approach.

Sk1500

Bluelighter
Hi folks,

I'm currently prescribed Oramorph (500ml/1000mg) weekly, 56x 5mg diazepam weekly and usually around 50-60g of PPT daily. I've been on the pods and Morphine approximately a year, the Diazepam I've been on for about 12 years, with a few years break somewhere in the middle.

I have already been cutting back. My PPT is down from 90-120g, my Diazepam, which works out at 40mg prescribed most days over the past 2 weeks I've reduced this to 15-30mg daily with a few 40-60mg days. The Oramorph I have reduced in the past 3 weeks of pick ups, until last week I hadn't gone a day without and I stopped for 3 days straight last week. I get my script every Wednesday (4 days ago) and I've got an unopened bottle plus 50ml in another bottle but I have had 300ml since Wednesday, which means I've had roughly my prescribed dose this week.

I'm not after a quick fix or harsh wd but would like to cut these out. My plan had been to finish the pods left, currently got 575g of powder prepped. I wasn't planning on getting any more but I ended up buying another 2kg (4.4lb) sack, which should give me about 50% in powder.

If anyone has any ideas on best way to manage this. My general idea was to save as much Oramorph and Diazepam weekly as possible until the pods run out. Then afterwards use the extra saved Morphine and Diazepam until finished pods. This though has meant that I've cut the pod usage to squirrel away as much prescribed meds as possible.

If anyone has any helpful tips so I can get this done, I also take quite a lot of other otc meds and supplements. I've slipped a bit in the last 2 days. Yesterday I had 200mg Oramorph, 50mg diazepam and 50g PPT (plus 30mg propranolol, 4x 300mg St John's Wort, 1000mg Agmatine Sulphate, 1200mg KSM 66 Ashwagandha). Today I've had 100mg Oramorph, 20mg Diazepam and 80g PPT (2× St John's Wort, 20mg Propranolol, 6x 50mg Cyclizine, KSM 66 Ashwagandha).

Does my strategy of saving up as much morphine and Diazepam until I've finished the unprepped pods sound a good way to do it? What timeline sounds reasonable for someone who has been using pods daily for as long as I have? Any other otc stuff that'll help me out. I'll probably stick with the Diazepam for the longest and eventually probably end up trying to switch down to DHC or Codeine Phosphate.

Thanks everyone 👍