Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Poppy Seed Tea - Ain't No Joke

AyahuascaSeeker

Bluelighter
I'm disappointed in myself. Big time. I know better than this and I'm always (usually) the one people come to for help - especially when they want advice about this drug or that drug, or how they should taper off this or that. But I have now become the one who needs help, and I have no one I can go to. I guess I'm a bit gutless hiding behind a pseudonym, but anyway... Here goes.

Long (Loooooooong) story short, doc got me started with Panadeine Forte, then learned the fine art of CWE when Panadeine EXTRA could be bought OTC... Then started switching up to oxys, morphine, endones - never went for H, makes no difference if I did really. Aussie Government made it almost impossible to get a script for any opiate and banned the OTC sales of codeine containing products. Discovered Rikodeine, got red flagged on the fucking pharmacists database and my time was over. Found Kratom, stuck with that for 3 years, then got black listed with customs. Then I moved on to poppy seeds, those life sucking dark blue balls of misery. I have (had) a source that supplies me with very high quality unwashed seeds so the resulting "tea" is strong. Started on 100g which would keep me well for a day or so, then slowly, slowly... Got to the point where I'm washing batches of 700-900grams, just to feel normal. So much more could be said, but I'll leave it there.

So I'm done. My bins are full of poppy seeds, my supplier is unreliable, the local supermarkets have suspiciously removed poppy seeds from their shelves (no doubt after I'd buy all their stock the second they stocked up)... I'm holding onto life by a few threads and still able to hide all this from the majority of my family, friends and loved ones.

Going to go cold turkey, have a script for clonidine that I'm getting filled first thing in the AM, once I have those (apparently) life saving pills (during WDs) I'm saying good fucking riddance to opiates and hopefully, start a slow but bearable journey back to who I was before this toxic chemical took over my being.

Big BIG love. Be safe, be happy.

PS: Been a member in the past, lost my password lol lurked for years, and only recently came back. I was super active during the Mr. Blonde (user here who I got friendly with IRL) days. So decided to post this here as a way to remind myself to never go back to opi8land.

UPDATE / MAY 28th 2022: Been on Suboxone for near on 5 weeks now, longer. Finally I have my life back. Not totally as I do eventually want to be off the subs, but my daily life is so much better. No worrying about poppy seed stock, no worrying about having that extra few bucks to waste on seeds, not having to worry about going away with the Mrs in case I can't get on. In other words, life is becoming far more normal and less drug fuelled. Prescription cannabis is a saviour of a night time, but apart from that... I'm clean. First time in years.

Last edited:
Jesus, that sounds rough. Best wishes, I hope it sticks. I have no experience with this level of addiction as years of Krat didn't lead to problems for me and I didn't progress to alternatives. But I would suggest that if your DIY approach doesn't work out then maybe you should get into a program with counsellors etc while you still have this degree of mental commitment to stopping.

I'm disappointed in myself. Big time. I know better than this and I'm always (usually) the one people come to for help - especially when they want advice about this drug or that drug, or how they should taper off this or that. But I have now become the one who needs help, and I have no one I can go to. I guess I'm a bit gutless hiding behind a pseudonym, but anyway... Here goes.

Long (Loooooooong) story short, doc got me started with Panadeine Forte, then learned the fine art of CWE when Panadeine EXTRA could be bought OTC... Then started switching up to oxys, morphine, endones - never went for H, makes no difference if I did really. Aussie Government made it almost impossible to get a script for any opiate and banned the OTC sales of codeine containing products. Discovered Rikodeine, got red flagged on the fucking pharmacists database and my time was over. Found Kratom, stuck with that for 3 years, then got black listed with customs. Then I moved on to poppy seeds, those life sucking dark blue balls of misery. I have (had) a source that supplies me with very high quality unwashed seeds so the resulting "tea" is strong. Started on 100g which would keep me well for a day or so, then slowly, slowly... Got to the point where I'm washing batches of 700-900grams, just to feel normal. So much more could be said, but I'll leave it there.

So I'm done. My bins are full of poppy seeds, my supplier is unreliable, the local supermarkets have suspiciously removed poppy seeds from their shelves (no doubt after I'd buy all their stock the second they stocked up)... I'm holding onto life by a few threads and still able to hide all this from the majority of my family, friends and loved ones.

Going to go cold turkey, have a script for clonidine that I'm getting filled first thing in the AM, once I have those (apparently) life saving pills (during WDs) I'm saying good fucking riddance to opiates and hopefully, start a slow but bearable journey back to who I was before this toxic chemical took over my being.

Big BIG love. Be safe, be happy.

PS: Been a member in the past, lost my password lol lurked for years, and only recently came back. I was super active during the Mr. Blonde (user here who I got friendly with IRL) days. So decided to post this here as a way to remind myself to never go back to opi8land.
Wow, this is almost exactly my story - very similar background.

My last dose of PST was last Wednesday, and every day has been an agonising struggle. I have 15 panadeine forte I managed to get which at least temporarily alleviate some of the worst wd symptoms, but I live in constant fear of resetting these brutal seed withdrawals.

I saw your other thread too and you’re absolutely right - devil in a glass. Had I known at the time what I was getting myself into I would never have dabbled with these at all.

I used orange juice to fake a positive RAT and give myself a week to cold turkey, which I am not proud of but has given me the time I need to make headway on the hardest part of my recovery.

How are you faring at the moment Ayahuasca? Sending you positive thoughts!

Wow, this is almost exactly my story - very similar background.

My last dose of PST was last Wednesday, and every day has been an agonising struggle. I have 15 panadeine forte I managed to get which at least temporarily alleviate some of the worst wd symptoms, but I live in constant fear of resetting these brutal seed withdrawals.

I saw your other thread too and you’re absolutely right - devil in a glass. Had I known at the time what I was getting myself into I would never have dabbled with these at all.

I used orange juice to fake a positive RAT and give myself a week to cold turkey, which I am not proud of but has given me the time I need to make headway on the hardest part of my recovery.

How are you faring at the moment Ayahuasca? Sending you positive thoughts!
Will update in depth tonight. Long story short, impossible to get off alone. This shit is ruining my life. Might be time to see a doctor. But as I said, will update with a full rundown in a few hours. It's absolute hell to put it mildly.

Will update in depth tonight. Long story short, impossible to get off alone. This shit is ruining my life. Might be time to see a doctor. But as I said, will update with a full rundown in a few hours. It's absolute hell to put it mildly.
Mate I understand, completely. I have never experienced suffering like the last six days in my life.

I don’t know whether it’s of any value to you, but I’m happy to chat via PM if you need any support.

Mate I understand, completely. I have never experienced suffering like the last six days in my life.

I don’t know whether it’s of any value to you, but I’m happy to chat via PM if you need any support.
Have sent you a PM. This shit is fucked. Sorry, but I can't deal right now, I've got so much going on and this shit is breaking me.

poppy tea is legitimately my favorite opiate preperation

pods or seeds are both fine, watch out though, it takes a tremendous amount of willpower not to just down it all at once and then go back for more at a higher dose. should be stored as a tincture and microdosed tbh. but who the fuck has that willpower? it's why opiates usually remain distributed by doctors and dealers, often ones who aren't opiod/opiate users. it's a system as old as poppy cultivation and opium use itself lol.

it's nice to know it's there, you'll have it when you need it, and you aren't gonna fuck it up and drink it all/take it all cause you only get so much

kinda like how methadone works but probably a little less strict

we're working on it. opiates aren't going to go away any more than alcohol is, so it's best to just talk about it's use openly and not as a moral thing. some people like it. some people need it.

one thing is for sure though, poppy seed tea is NO JOKE lol.

at least one person (this guy) prefers it to pharms (vicodin is fantastic though for a more artifical style general purpose opiod. mild? yeah. pleasant? you bet. Dr. House ain't wrong lol)

Just an update for anyone who cares.

Spoke to the incredible team (of 2 people due to underfunding) at Harm Reduction Victoria, who are currently trying to find me an OTP prescriber in my area. Since I'm way out in the middle of nowhere, this isn't an easy feat... Although I'm hoping to hear back soon with some positive news.

The withdrawals from Poppy Seed Tea / Wash are another level. They just go on and on and on, the pain, the sweating, the PAIN! Man, I wouldn't wish this feeling in anyone. Ever. It's the absolute worst thing I have ever experienced.

If it weren't for the HR Vic bloke, I'd probably have gone looking for H later tonight to get rid of this intense, excruciating feeling of hopelessness and 'patheticness' not to mention the friggin' pain. Never again, once I'm done with this I'll stick to my first love, Mary Jane and touch nothing else for any reason. I want my life back, my personality and yeah.

poppy tea is legitimately my favorite opiate preperation

pods or seeds are both fine, watch out though, it takes a tremendous amount of willpower not to just down it all at once and then go back for more at a higher dose. should be stored as a tincture and microdosed tbh. but who the fuck has that willpower? it's why opiates usually remain distributed by doctors and dealers, often ones who aren't opiod/opiate users. it's a system as old as poppy cultivation and opium use itself lol.

it's nice to know it's there, you'll have it when you need it, and you aren't gonna fuck it up and drink it all/take it all cause you only get so much

kinda like how methadone works but probably a little less strict

we're working on it. opiates aren't going to go away any more than alcohol is, so it's best to just talk about it's use openly and not as a moral thing. some people like it. some people need it.

one thing is for sure though, poppy seed tea is NO JOKE lol.

at least one person (this guy) prefers it to pharms (vicodin is fantastic though for a more artifical style general purpose opiod. mild? yeah. pleasant? you bet. Dr. House ain't wrong lol)
Never work this seed tea for me.Obvious all the seeds here are washed.In Australia is probably different as to seeds.

Never work this seed tea for me.Obvious all the seeds here are washed.In Australia is probably different as to seeds.
I'm from Australia... Hardly any seeds are washed? Very rare to find washed seed. Useless seed is everywhere, but it's not washed, it's just shit quality.

But once I'm finished with this WD and dependence I'll be changing that, or at least pushing to have them regulated a lot more strictly.

I'm from Australia... Hardly any seeds are washed? Very rare to find washed seed. Useless seed is everywhere, but it's not washed, it's just shit quality.

But once I'm finished with this WD and dependence I'll be changing that, or at least pushing to have them regulated a lot more strictly.
It's a food source.Have not seen how could be regulated more strictly.Just an ordinary supplement.

I used to grow and sell a huge amount of dried pods every single year. Every single year the season would end, I'd sell my last kg/bunch, and a day later wish I was dead. Every year I'd promise myself I wouldn't use any, and It'd always be the first thing I did with the first harvest of the year. This went on for years. I'd end up using my usual dhc prescription to replace it, and it'd take around 500mg to feel human. From there I'd have to taper down to a lower dose.
Difference was that poppy tea lasted so long. So it'd take 2 weeks between reductions of feeling mildly shit and more than one dose a day.

Good luck buddy, remember that you're a strong capable human and can do anything you want if you try hard enough. You got this!

It's a food source.Have not seen how could be regulated more strictly.Just an ordinary supplement.
Trust me. When I set my mind to something I don't stop. If they don't restrict sales or at the very least place warnings and quantity limits on sales, watch the shit storm I'll cause. Hate on me all you like, this shit is worse than heroin.

I used to grow and sell a huge amount of dried pods every single year. Every single year the season would end, I'd sell my last kg/bunch, and a day later wish I was dead. Every year I'd promise myself I wouldn't use any, and It'd always be the first thing I did with the first harvest of the year. This went on for years. I'd end up using my usual dhc prescription to replace it, and it'd take around 500mg to feel human. From there I'd have to taper down to a lower dose.
Difference was that poppy tea lasted so long. So it'd take 2 weeks between reductions of feeling mildly shit and more than one dose a day.

Good luck buddy, remember that you're a strong capable human and can do anything you want if you try hard enough. You got this!
It truly is an evil plant huh... Willpower all but vanishes once you're near it. Never experienced such misery. Ever.

Thanks so much, appreciate the kind words.

T

It truly is an evil plant huh... Willpower all but vanishes once you're near it. Never experienced such misery. Ever.

Thanks so much, appreciate the kind words.
The fault is yours.Not the plant.All the plants are made by God,to help people eat em or aleviate their pain.How old are you?You can't do a shit in term put your self poppy seed in some category Better have some self realisation about who are you and wgo is the fault to be in such situation

No there is wash seeds in which alc.content all solubale is gone.Good plants gave good seeds.Anyway this brew is so variing in potency,that is just silly to make some attempts.Half kilo can have between 10:and 200mg morphine...more than 10 years on pod pharma grade.Never blame some"evil plants"(it's ridiciolus),but me.In old times downsouth were huuge poppie fields with morph.content around 20percent..Now all this are gone.Hear the wisdom....thats a lot of older guys still alive with big knowledge and exp.as to poppies...

No there is wash seeds in which alc.content all solubale is gone.Good plants gave good seeds.Anyway this brew is so variing in potency,that is just silly to make some attempts.Half kilo can have between 10:and 200mg morphine...more than 10 years on pod pharma grade.Never blame some"evil plants"(it's ridiciolus),but me.In old times downsouth were huuge poppie fields with morph.content around 20percent..Now all this are gone.Hear the wisdom....thats a lot of older guys still alive with big knowledge and exp.as to poppies...
What are you on about? You say you're knowledgeable but your grammar and information you're spewing in incredibly incorrect.

Normal man.That is my third language.I sm far far away.Wild Balkans.Harsh brutal life and place for bigger part of the population