• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Possible to trip on mirtazapine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi.

Greenlighter
I have some mirtazapine (remeron) pills and I have heard that if you fight through the sleepiness you will eventually start to trip. I searched the web and have found a few varied answers and a few trip reports but that's about it. I can't seem to find any clear answers so I still have a few questions...

1. Can you actually trip/get high off of mirtazapine? If so what would be a good dose?

2. Is it safe and are the effects desirable? (I have heard of some people experiencing great euphoria and psychedelic visuals while others report no recreational value whatsoever)

3. What should I expect to feel?

4. Can I smoke a bowl or two with it? (I am an avid weed smoker so I was planning on doing this as long as it won't cause any negative effects)

Last edited:
Anyone have any input before I try this? I have been doing some research but still can't find much.

I'm going to say no although I never took more than 30mg and have mixed weed with it from occasionally to daily and never noticed anything other than a fast knockout, it's my super strength Tylenol PM. ;)

I think IF it's possible the doses would have to be pretty high and mirtazapine has really bad next day grogginess. My first two days at 15mg made me a walking zombie and dropped down to 7.5mg and was fine. The grogginess from a recreational dose would be insane.

At high doses mirtazapine takes on the effect of an anticholinergic drug, doesn't it? IIRC. High "tripping" doses would probably be similar to the effects of a deliriant-type drug, like taking a very high dose of diphenhydramine (i.e. not fun and probably terrifying)

Not sure but I know the antidepressant effects become stronger at higher doses.

I was on mirtazipine for several years. It did its job and worked well, but I had to make sure my body was ready for it and that I was ready to lay down and close my eyes and sleep.

If I miss my window, the drug becomes ineffective and I'm screwed. Little chance I'll fall asleep, and sometimes I'd lay awake for couple 2-3 hours before I'd take another.

As far as a nod, trip, etc, this would be rare. It does mess with my brain and may offer slight euphoria, as I certainly had some of the best and most relaxing dreams when I could remember them. Most of the time I was out and not able to enjoy it like a kpin or something similar. I preferred to use mirtazipine as directed.

I also and quite often woke up groggy and tired. The alternative of not sleeping through the night caused me to put up with this side effect for years. I had to have a couple cups of coffee in the morning to get me going whenever I had miratazipine the night before.

I think mirtazipine is one of those you should only take as prescribed type drugs. People can convince themselves of a lot of shit. Hell, just trying to stay awake can feel like part of a high to many. I wouldnt mess with it for recreational purposes because it doesnt have many.

Echoing KC5 as per my usual. Sure there's a lot of room for discourse over such a totally subjective experience, but sometimes it helps to exclude statistical outliers and get down to brass tacks. What I mean is, no Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) abuse is not an enjoyable experience, although some will say otherwise; and no, Nutmeg abuse is not an enjoyable experience, although one or two people will say otherwise.

So, in that same vain, Mirtazapine (Remeron) is not going to be useful as a recreational drug.

You're thinking of zolpidem (Ambien), the "non"-benzo Z-drug most likely to produce auditory and visual hallucinations along with complete blackouts if abused. That's the same drug that that one diplomat got pulled over under for DUI at 4am naked or some shit like that. Extremely dangerous, and the Ambien walrus can be even more likely to earn you a free stay in county jail than benzos.

I was on mirtazipine for several years. It did its job and worked well, but I had to make sure my body was ready for it and that I was ready to lay down and close my eyes and sleep.

If I miss my window, the drug becomes ineffective and I'm screwed. Little chance I'll fall asleep, and sometimes I'd lay awake for couple 2-3 hours before I'd take another.

As far as a nod, trip, etc, this would be rare. It does mess with my brain and may offer slight euphoria, as I certainly had some of the best and most relaxing dreams when I could remember them. Most of the time I was out and not able to enjoy it like a kpin or something similar. I preferred to use mirtazipine as directed.

I also and quite often woke up groggy and tired. The alternative of not sleeping through the night caused me to put up with this side effect for years. I had to have a couple cups of coffee in the morning to get me going whenever I had miratazipine the night before.

That's not trazodone =D

I have some mirtazapine (remeron) pills and I have heard that if you fight through the sleepiness you will eventually start to trip. I searched the web and have found a few varied answers and a few trip reports but that's about it. I can't seem to find any clear answers so I still have a few questions...

1. Can you actually trip/get high off of mirtazapine? If so what would be a good dose?

2. Is it safe and are the effects desirable? (I have heard of some people experiencing great euphoria and psychedelic visuals while others report no recreational value whatsoever)

3. What should I expect to feel?

4. Can I smoke a bowl or two with it? (I am an avid weed smoker so I was planning on doing this as long as it won't cause any negative effects)

based from my own EXP
1, never got me high of any sorts, even if i fought the urge to sleep i would raid the fuck out of my fridge...more like weed munchies, a;ways did end up falling alseep no matter what....if you can beat the urge to sleep i give you respect
2. depending on your dose 15mg and is more for anxiety and 15mg and lower is a straight z drug for me
its safe as any other drug...in all honestly you need to take it right before you plan on going to bed and yeah it does help with anxiety but one of the famous side effects is it does make you super hungry (in my case any way) so if you think weight would a issue i dont recommend it
3.it can make you groggy as fuck for a week or 2 maybe less of course but you eventually get used to it(i slept for over 12 hrs the first few days when i began taking it...some kick ass sleep though) and over all less anxiety...i felt great after week (everyone is diff you might need longer but youll def feel it)
4. same as before if you can fight the urge to sleep...i wouldnt take it right after smoking maybe a few hrs after smoking

if you smoke cannabis why not find a nice 2:1 to 1:1 cbd to thc strain def good for anxiety and sleep

Nice Clonazepam finnaly getting recognized for its crushing power at 0.25mg vs 0.5 xanax!

Status
Not open for further replies.