post some pop!

I think that you are referring to song content and theme. I doubt that will change since people are still concerned with the same things in their lives.

I was actually referring to the structure of the composition and the way they were performed and recorded. Melody, chord progression, feel. Most pop now is very synced to the beat, not much "feel" there in terms of swing, etc. This kind of "overproduction squeezes the individuality out of the performances.

Not judging the change but noting the differences. And they are quite significant and yet meaningless at the same time.

I just listened to an incredible interview with George Martin talking about every Beatles album. It gave me so much insight and appreciation for him as like the fifth Beatle or whatever but also what you're saying in all of these aspects of what was possible back then with either two or three or four tracks.... all of the Beatles albums were made with either two tracks or typically four tracks (in the US he says they recorded on three track 3/4 inch tape which he had a dismissive opinion about). Though he must have been using it when he recorded the Beatles live at the Hollywood Bowl. Capitol wanted to release it but he told them it would not be possible because the quality was not there... It was only released with his input and vastly improved technology decades after , he talks about these fraying tapes that they used) Capitol Records which was the American a subsidiary of Emi refused to rease the first few Beatles records, I think it was on the 4th time that they agreed to release I think it was I Want to Hold Your Hand. Why don't I just put the interview up. I appreciate your contribution thanks for being here!