• Current Events, Politics & Science
    Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • Current Events & Politics Moderators: Nurse Ratched | Cheshire_Kat

US Politics [Predominately for those in the U.S. but any informed persons please feel free to contribute] Can Someone Please Explain to me Biden and his Politics?

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
it may be a complex issue but it always boils down to a simple easily definable theme: profit

oil companies will do as much as they possibly can to profit, that's their MO

increasing the world's oil supply is very antagonistic towards their interests, especially after their lack of profit they made during the pandemic

OPEC is a cartel by definition of the word, they own 55% of all oil trade in the world and 80% of the world's reserves.... Russia is also a part of OPEC... and we buy their oil every fucking day

we import 180 million barrels of oil every day into this country.... and what might be surprising is the majority of distilled/processed gas from distilleries in the US get exported to other countries

Keystone XL does not benefit Americans or Canadians.... it benefits rich people.

On the one hand, you are criticizing "the oil companies" for selfishly not increasing the world's oil supply. On the other hand, you are saying that a pipeline which would increase the oil supply is not beneficial to Americans or Canadians. So are you saying that "the oil companies" are benefiting Canadians and Americans by selfishly not increasing the world's oil supply? That it's good that gas prices are high and that it would be best that they not decrease in the short term? That's a completely reasonable position to have, from an environmental perspective.

Also, Russia is not part of OPEC. You're thinking of the informal arrangement often referred to as OPEC+.

Dansteely

Bluelighter
Keystone XL does not benefit Americans or Canadians.... it benefits rich people.
Who do you think are reaping the rewards from government targets/funding/subsidies for renewables? Is there a bigger gravy train for the the big end of town and politicians to have their snouts in?

Electrum1

Bluelighter
Who do you think are reaping the rewards from government targets/funding/subsidies for renewables? Is there a bigger gravy train for the the big end of town and politicians to have their snouts in?
Yeah, it's like the "Green" in Green Energy actually means money/profits

Conky

Bluelighter
Putin actively mocked Trump, just like every other world leader.

The only "respect" Putin had for Trump was for the way Trump publicly admired Putin, catered to him politically, and constantly said Russia has the world's most beautiful women... (which was probably just Trump whiteknighting his Russian wife)

Trump would say America has the best everything... except beautiful women, that goes to Russia.. lol
Russia does have the most beautiful women tho

Illyria99

Bluelighter
Putin actively mocked Trump, just like every other world leader.

The only "respect" Putin had for Trump was for the way Trump publicly admired Putin, catered to him politically, and constantly said Russia has the world's most beautiful women... (which was probably just Trump whiteknighting his Russian wife)

Trump would say America has the best everything... except beautiful women, that goes to Russia.. lol

Perhaps. But Putin also knew that Trump was unstable enough to unleash the nukes, if he felt provoked. Putin may not have "respected" Trump in the true sense of the word, but neither would he have invaded the Ukraine if Trump were still president.

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
especially since Russian troops were already being built up on the Ukrainian border starting in April 2021 and then again in October 2021 and guess who was president during those time periods

it's foolish to believe Trump would've made any difference in Russia's objective regarding Ukraine, and to even think he would have his finger near any nukes is preposterous to say the least

in fact, Putin would've probably been better off with Trump in office because Trump would've probably tried to resist any U.S. involvement, but he would've been overruled anyway and would've went along with it just the same....and im pretty sure he would've been saying all the wrong things along the way too because that's what he does and did as president

so the whole "Putin wouldn't have invaded Ukraine if Trump was still in office" is naive to say the least

jane douloureux

Bluelighter
Russia was actively carrying out military operations in the donbras region throughout the trump presidency they had been ever since they annexed Crimea working with the separatists so this point is moot in my opinion bc we saw what he did which was nothing

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
Russia was actively carrying out military operations in the donbras region throughout the trump presidency they had been ever since they annexed Crimea working with the separatists so this point is moot in my opinion bc we saw what he did which was nothing

exactly - some ppl think Russia/Ukraine happened overnight right after Biden was inaugurated....silly to say the least

jane douloureux

Bluelighter
exactly - some ppl think Russia/Ukraine happened overnight right after Biden was inaugurated....silly to say the least
When people say trump would have been tough on putin or putin knew trump would do xy or z because he is so strong
Im just baffled
he kissed putins ass and took putins side over our own intelligence agency and not behind closed doors either right out in public which is a terrible political move
occams razor: trump was compromised

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
and then on another note:

there's not as much glory in being a US President anymore like in the old because of what everybody does to them....between who gave Clinton a BJ and Trump with Stormy Daniels and all this nonsense that goes on and on - who really wants to be President anymore?

it's like me being the mod here - nobody wants to do it anymore so you end up with me :)

jane douloureux

Bluelighter
and then on another note:

there's not as much glory in being a US President anymore like in the old because of what everybody does to them....between who gave Clinton a BJ and Trump with Stormy Daniels and all this nonsense that goes on and on - who really wants to be President anymore?

it's like me being the mod here - nobody wants to do it anymore so you end up with me :)
I’ve always thought you have to be a megalomaniac to want that job.
Who else would want to be in charge of making life and death choices for so many people

NOT ME!

not mod but President lol

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
you have to have a flawless past now too or they're throw it in your face

i keep seeing these memes about what Biden said 30 or 40 years ago.....

people do change their stance on issues with time ya know - just because Biden made some anti-abortion statements 30 years ago, doesn't mean he needs to stick to those guns - but that's what people point at

so when people wonder why the pool of qualified candidates for president is lower than it used to be, that's why

it's a shitty job

Howard Stern said he's gonna run with BobbaBooie as his running mate - there ya go

:USA:

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
If the establishment media says it, they believe it by default. Did you see Macron all but begging Biden to increase production the other day? Had to explain to him that all these ME countries are at max capacity.
I see a lot of “it’s not Biden it’s the capitalist companies” it’s like you do realize being one of the most powerful people in the world is like a fraternity…all these people know each other personally and scratch each others backs…so if the corporations are guilty Biden is by default imo

jane douloureux

Bluelighter
you have to have a flawless past now too or they're throw it in your face

i keep seeing these memes about what Biden said 30 or 40 years ago.....

people do change their stance on issues with time ya know - just because Biden made some anti-abortion statements 30 years ago, doesn't mean he needs to stick to those guns - but that's what people point at

so when people wonder why the pool of qualified candidates for president is lower than it used to be, that's why

it's a shitty job

Howard Stern said he's gonna run with BobbaBooie as his running mate - there ya go

:USA:
You touch on a good point

I remember thinking when everyone was calling Kerry a flip flopper that I thought that showed a positive not a negative

I would much prefer someone who had the mental agility to grow and change then someone who made their opinions and then stuck to them never allowing new information to deviate them from their set stance ever that type of rigid thinking is not a plus it’s a minus

I have changed so much as I got older in terms of political ideology, how I feel about guns, I have become more centrist in a lot of my opinions when I used to be extremely left

to bring it back to trump people have decided who he is to them and all the informatiom to the contrary be dammed they are shut off to it

I wasn’t a fan esp. being a ny’er I thought he was a special type of smuck but I was hopeful that him being an outsider he would potentially get some shit accomplished even if it was in a bull in the China shop way. That did not happen. But I kept an open mind. Initially.

I wish the other side of the aisle would be able to pull away from single minded ideology and have more flexibility in their thinking.

if you aren’t changing and growing what are you doing?

Snafu in the Void

Sr. Moderator: BDD, NMI, DC
Staff member
I see a lot of “it’s not Biden it’s the capitalist companies” it’s like you do realize being one of the most powerful people in the world is like a fraternity…all these people know each other personally and scratch each others backs…so if the corporations are guilty Biden is by default imo
If this is true, which it is to some degree, then any Republican president would be just as guilty as Biden and logically there would be no point in blaming any president at all because it will never change.

Both sides falsely blame each other of random things for political gain, but from what I've seen Republicans take it to the extreme.

Last edited:

Cheshire_Kat

Moderator: CE&P, TD
Staff member
If this is true, which it is to some degree, then any Republican president would be just as guilty as Biden and logically there would be no point at all in blaming any president at all because it will never change.

Both sides falsely blame each other of random things for political gain, but from what I've seen Republicans take it to the extreme.
This is EXACTLY my position.

This is exactly why I'm neither progressive or conservative. They are both lying to the public, grabbing money and power. They agree to argue in public, then cut up and share the spoils of power and authority in back room negotiations.