• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin prescription experiences?

BridgeInspector

Bluelighter
Apologies if this has been asked before, I've done some searching and not found quite what I'm looking for.

I've recently been prescribed pregabalin for anxiety after being bounced between a bunch of worthless SSRIs for 6 years. Am currently on 150mg 2 times a day and it's working pretty well. I'm just wondering if anyone with experience with a pregabalin prescription can weigh in on a few questions I have.

Is there a tendency to have withdrawal symptoms from a missed dose? I had that with venlafaxine and it sucked. So far I've only skipped doses to go drinking now and again and I noticed I was a maybe a bit more on edge until I started drinking. I'm torn as it's working wonders for me but I'm not keen on being severely dependent on a med again. Would it be a good idea to skip the odd dose to keep tolerance down?

Has anyone come off of this dose? I've searched and mostly just found withdrawal reports from high recreational doses or long term use. Is it worse the higher the dose or the longer you're on it?

Does it mix well with other drugs? I'm particularly curious about psychedelics, I've heard of people taking phenibut before trips with good results. All I know is that drinking on pregabalin fucking sucks.

So yeah, if anyone with experience with a pregab prescription could weigh in it'd be much appreciated. Cheers!

I find tolerance to pregabalin rises quickly but that's not to say it wouldn't still help with anxiety but you may not "feel" it as when you first start taking and it sort of feels like a drunk feeling without sedation. People do report pretty bad withdrawals from long term use. Personally I'd say they should only be used as needed, like benzos. Taking them habitually is only going to be problematic long term. As it's prescribed I guess you can have some reassurance of supply but it doesn't mean the problem of dependence is any different.