• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin safe highest dose

Blu-Belle

Greenlighter
I need help!! My only option at the moment is pregabalin - I want to chill and nicely mellow. What is safest dose for this? I’ve taken the rx 600mg but nothing my body is highly tolerant as been on most things over 10 years due to pain drs for fibromyalgia. Can anyone help? I’m UK based (not that that makes a difference)!

It's hard to say whats a safe high dose. I've taken up 2gs in one drop with no bad effects except twitchy limbs.

Since you take it daily, you'd need to dose such idiot-dosage as I mentioned above or take a few days off.

I dont know how common it is but I've heard on BL of a few folks having seizures at super high dosages. (I know it's counter intuitive to what we'd expect from lyrica but it's not the craziest thing I've heard).
Yeah, it's not that uncommon, I've heard. I sold some to a friend who shared with some dude who had a seizure on 600mg.
I guess it's individual.
Iknow people who get's sezuire from 400mg of Tramadol. When I had a relapse on "opiates" I took 2,200mg of tram after not taking any for almost 6 months.
No problem for me, but I know some people that would have grand mals.

But I usually need around 1200-1500mg of Lyrica to get me where I want.

Lyrica is a funny little drug...in excess amounts (usually more than 250/300mg at a time) the liver does not process it fast enough and you might as well just flush the extra you took down the drain.
Staggering doses is what I prefer to do; however, more than 600mg a day, even if over a few hours just doesn't seem to make too much of a difference. Lyrica can be a nice, subtle, "peaceful, easy feelin'." Just resist the urge to say more is better and stagger it withing half-hour/45 min increments to find your therapeutic dose. 😊

Lyrica is a funny little drug...in excess amounts (usually more than 250/300mg at a time) the liver does not process it fast enough and you might as well just flush the extra you took down the drain.
Staggering doses is what I prefer to do; however, more than 600mg a day, even if over a few hours just doesn't seem to make too much of a difference. Lyrica can be a nice, subtle, "peaceful, easy feelin'." Just resist the urge to say more is better and stagger it withing half-hour/45 min increments to find your therapeutic dose. 😊
That's sound odd, considering the difference between dropping 300mg and 1200mg is VASTY different.

Any sources for this?

That's sound odd, considering the difference between dropping 300mg and 1200mg is VASTY different.

Any sources for this?
Sources are my own personal experience and if you give a bit, somewhere on this exact site it talks about the liver only processing so much at a time. I will try to find it. As I said, everyone's therapeutic dose is different.

You will only absorb 300-60mg of that amount. The rest you are completely wasting. If you stagger the doses you’ll find it would work better. 600mg every 45/60mins until you find a sweet spot.

I will warn you though that moving on to pregabalin will only end in increased tolerance and dependence. It is a horrible withdrawal when you eventually run out.

If you’re not feeling anything from gabapentin then try pregabalin at 75-150mg to start. Do not mix with alcohol and I wouldn’t advise taking gabapentin along with it.

Tolerance builds quick and the high isn’t worth it.
It was @MsDiz who had the info on it.
I was not trying to be ignorant earlier, either, so I apologize if that's how it sounded.
Just was SOO surprised that as golden as my lyrica is to me (genuinely helps my pain & mood) I was actually wasting it.

If you're apologizing to me man, don't sweat it - I didn't mean to come off as rowdy, it's just that I've had this on prescription for some time and it surprised me. I had never heard about it, nor had I notice anything.

Looks as though she's talking about GABAPENTIN, not LYrica. On that I agree with her, 100 %.

Thanks guys for your opinions and advice. It’s odd I took 800mg Friday (on no food)and it was awful muscle twitches, double vision couldn’t function properly if I walked anywhere so laid dead straight on my bed for about 4 hours.
Had something to eat it all stopped & I had 5 hours solid of the best sleep I’ve ever had. Took another one that did nothing. I decided pregabalin wasn’t for me so saved my morning & evening doses Saturday had a few spare too.

After swearing to myself I’d never do it again Sunday I was so pissed off I had not slept Saturday night at 5pm I took 600mg at once on empty stomach & nothing for over an hour. So went had some food & got a mellow high & was happy for first time in months. By 8pm I was sleepy then bam flat out sleep again till 1am (which is unheard of lengths of sleep).
I just don’t sleep full stop. Just took my evening one as I wouldn’t fall back to sleep & nothing so far......so that’s my experience. Not sure what to do. Any ideas on drugs that chill you out, help you sleep & just mellow you out. I only started on pregabalin on here as it’s a newbie on my prescription. Thanks guys for your time ♥️ Enjoy your day.

Hey there @Blu-Belle , Sorry to hear of all this but do you minf telling what your meds are dosed in and the name and ingredient

I skip a week and try between 600-900 or slightly more as I’m slowly becoming more tolerant to the effects. Now these are all in 75mg capsules lol. Might have to skip 2 weeks between doses.

It’s all relevant to how your body responds to it though.

Oh this nice little odd molecule ... if there only was a way to reverse tolerance (I guess there is one. Heck, you can literally reset opioid tolerance* - But it's yet to be synthed. :( )

Heard of almost no other drug of which the doses and natural as well as acquired tolerance varyes so fucking heavily. I remember in the beginning of my drug journey, 250-300mg got me almost drunk, this is average. Yet others can't stay awake with this dosage. And currently, it's just very subtle but yesterday I was in very bad mood, slight opioid withdrawal and had a package with me, so took additional 600mg to the 300mg taken in morning, and - boy was this great. Unfortunately, or fortunately as I was in public, I didn't get any of the psychedelic effects - CEVs for example. But sooo relaxed stimulation, so utterly clear headed, the only comparison is very low dose dissociative but they are more, well, dissociated. The effects lasted from 9pm way into the next day, I slept so well unlike usually, dreamt complete stories (get this often, and from the initial wow it got quite disturbing but this night was still remarkable. I actually lived these dreams..) Today took another 600mg, got heavy euphoria again until I made the mistake of take some morphine (maybe 15mg, it's out of XR capsules where I chew the lil balls so guessed) as I didn't want enter withdrawal - instantly killed the euphoric stimulation and made me pretty sad.. don't combine pregab and opioids, I did in past and was to write pregab off because I didn't get the euphoria.

Med-high dose pregab substitutes for morphine in me, this is interesting. Need to check if I can switch. But I know that pregab shares a similar withdrawal with maybe additional seizure risk..

So, back to topic. My hunch is that pregab is very safe UNLESS you have underlying seizure disorder. I've read reports of up to 3g (with heavy tolerance). My experience is that with increasing dose, it shifts into a pro-seizure agent (glutamate release) but people who don't suffer from epilepsy don't rush into seizures. I got these muscle twitches too with increased dose and at some point it began to feel slightly dangerous. Depending on wakefulness state it triggers some sort of nodding too. Was playing around with my mobile and fell down countless times, picked up, continue, next again the mobile on ground.. this isn't exactly funny.
My highest acute dose was 900mg. Combined I will have reached 2g probably.

Pregab alone is pretty safe. This paper gives some insight. Don't combine with downers, then you'll be mostly safe.

Oh this nice little odd molecule ... if there only was a way to reverse tolerance (I guess there is one. Heck, you can literally reset opioid tolerance* - But it's yet to be synthed. :( )

Heard of almost no other drug of which the doses and natural as well as acquired tolerance varyes so fucking heavily. I remember in the beginning of my drug journey, 250-300mg got me almost drunk, this is average. Yet others can't stay awake with this dosage. And currently, it's just very subtle but yesterday I was in very bad mood, slight opioid withdrawal and had a package with me, so took additional 600mg to the 300mg taken in morning, and - boy was this great. Unfortunately, or fortunately as I was in public, I didn't get any of the psychedelic effects - CEVs for example. But sooo relaxed stimulation, so utterly clear headed, the only comparison is very low dose dissociative but they are more, well, dissociated. The effects lasted from 9pm way into the next day, I slept so well unlike usually, dreamt complete stories (get this often, and from the initial wow it got quite disturbing but this night was still remarkable. I actually lived these dreams..) Today took another 600mg, got heavy euphoria again until I made the mistake of take some morphine (maybe 15mg, it's out of XR capsules where I chew the lil balls so guessed) as I didn't want enter withdrawal - instantly killed the euphoric stimulation and made me pretty sad.. don't combine pregab and opioids, I did in past and was to write pregab off because I didn't get the euphoria.

Med-high dose pregab substitutes for morphine in me, this is interesting. Need to check if I can switch. But I know that pregab shares a similar withdrawal with maybe additional seizure risk..

So, back to topic. My hunch is that pregab is very safe UNLESS you have underlying seizure disorder. I've read reports of up to 3g (with heavy tolerance). My experience is that with increasing dose, it shifts into a pro-seizure agent (glutamate release) but people who don't suffer from epilepsy don't rush into seizures. I got these muscle twitches too with increased dose and at some point it began to feel slightly dangerous. Depending on wakefulness state it triggers some sort of nodding too. Was playing around with my mobile and fell down countless times, picked up, continue, next again the mobile on ground.. this isn't exactly funny.
My highest acute dose was 900mg. Combined I will have reached 2g probably.

Pregab alone is pretty safe. This paper gives some insight. Don't combine with downers, then you'll be mostly safe.

Really? I loved mixing pregabalin with oxy, put weed on top of that and it's pure heaven. Would nod out so hard sitting on the edge of my bed I'd go face first into the floor LOL

Really? I loved mixing pregabalin with oxy, put weed on top of that and it's pure heaven. Would nod out so hard sitting on the edge of my bed I'd go face first into the floor LOL

And I thought I was the only one haha. Great combo the three of them. The only combo that would challenge the overall sense of well being and euphoria would be MDMA + LSD + Nicotine.
Similar intensities though different experiences altogether.

Had something to eat it all stopped
Another "it will affect everyone different":
If I eat with gabapentinoids, I get higher. No matter how long it has been after dosing. If I eat three times in the many hours that pregab takes for me to "come up", it almost increases exponentially with each meal.
It literally takes gabapentinoids 5-10 hrs to reach peak of intoxication for me regardless of other influences.
Drugs are strange.

I don't know about pregabalin but please don't mix it with tramadol or other drugs that lower the seizure threshold. I even took pregabalin alone and felt the same muscle jerks and twitchings at doses over 750mg.